Magic Lantern for 7D alpha 2

Started by g3gg0, December 23, 2012, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plashb199

won't let me download. says i don't have permission to access the page. any help?

elisalant

terry_mickie

I too can not download ML....but I'm a SUPER NOOB! SOmeone point me in the right direction!

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

chris bouk

hey everybody!
is there any post where can I find some explanationsor infos about fps override?
I'm trying different methods, also changing bitrate but I want something in more, I want to find more infos about fps...
is there any way to film with fps at 80 or more fps fpor freezing action...or for exampe with 8 fps for doing like timelapse?
thank's in advance for your time!

chris bouk

...sorry, but...nobody knows something about fps override? how can be explained it?
it's the 3rd day that I'm reading ML forums and searching something more specific about fps override but I can't find a really nice article to describe it and explain how you can reach a good result.....there is not either one  post called for example " fps override" or similar....
can someone please start a post with an article?
my best regards for every kind of try!

Royward

Thanks! You  explained these problems very well. Having watched video tutorials for other Canon cameras it seems some of them have much better designed menus.
  Development of the ML software for the 7D is a long way behind unfortunately. :'(

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Royward on February 05, 2014, 09:24:51 AMHaving watched video tutorials for other Canon cameras it seems some of them have much better designed menus.

Example?

CsongorMatyas

Hi everyone

Thank you for your effort and time, and everything ;)

I want to ask, how can I downgrade from 205 to 203? If I copy the 203 fir o the card, and want to go to firmware update, it sais "Memory card containing firmware is required to update", eventhough I have both 203 and 205 on the card. Is it possible? Should I rename the file to 206?

Thanks

Csongor

Walter Schulz

Pelican

Quote from: CsongorMatyas on February 05, 2014, 06:16:02 PM
Hi everyone

Thank you for your effort and time, and everything ;)

I want to ask, how can I downgrade from 205 to 203? If I copy the 203 fir o the card, and want to go to firmware update, it sais "Memory card containing firmware is required to update", eventhough I have both 203 and 205 on the card. Is it possible? Should I rename the file to 206?

Thanks

Csongor

No. Just put the fir file to the root of your card.
If the camera cannot see it (according to your error message) then you have not copied it to the right place.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

CsongorMatyas

Do I have to copy the MAGIC.FIR (330 kbytes) file to the root directory, no?
Do I have to rename it? When I go in to menu in the camera, at the firmware I see the option to upgrade to 205, I go there, then I'm upgrading, it's starting, but after that it stops, black screen, no responding, have to take out batteries.
I have the autoexec.bin file, ML folder and MAGIC.FIR from alpha 2 zip, all these in the root. Do I need anything else?
I'm downloading EOS utility, unfortunately I don't have it (I bought the camera used, without the cd).
When I go in menu, and go to firmware, what should I see? (I don't want to brake my camera with allways blocking it, and taking out the batteries)
Thank you
Csongor

CsongorMatyas

Sorry, I realized, that you were talking about the 203 fir file. I have that in the root, just where I had the 205 as well, and it worked.

I've tried to have both of them, 203 and 205, just 203, with or without ML, but same thing happens. If I have ML starts to upgrade and freezes, if I don't have ML, it can;t be seen.

CsongorMatyas

Problem solved, card has some defect.
Updated back to 203, and ML is working fine. I'm starting to experience with it :)

Thank you very much ;)

Csongor

Audionut

@CsongorMatyas

Modify your posts rather then posting multiple times in a row please.

a1ex