Canon 6D / Firmware 1.1.3

Started by coutts, December 16, 2012, 06:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metallissimus

Thanks for your quick replies. I'll give it a try.

kardii

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my SD card reading the firmware and I wanted to know if anyone else had this issue? I have 1.1.3 on my 6D, freshly formatted card with the magic lantern files put on it, and when I insert it into my camera and turn it on nothing happens. From what I can gather the camera is supposed to pick up the firmware right away and ask me to install? Hope you guys can help!

Kardii

Walter Schulz

Read first post thoroughly.

gpcrown

When you first download ML, at least on a mac, everything is in a single folder.  magiclanternNightly....6D113 in my case.  If you drag and drop that onto your SD card ML will not run on your camera.  You need to make sure autoexec.bin is on the main screen (not sure the proper name for it) on your SD card and not buried on a folder.  Hope that helps.

pikepike

how do I download magic lantern for the 6D , it just keeps saying page not available

Aurel

Hi,

First I would like to say THANKS for coding this greate software!

I would like to have "Auto exposure ramping" on the 6D like I have seen it on a 5d3.
It would be great if you would make this possible!

Luca Baggio

This software is GREAT, have waited it for months and I'm very happy now.
Thank you guys, you rock.

Like Aurel said it would be great to have "auto exposure ramping" or "bulb/focus ramp".

But well done guys.

bagi1992

Hi guys,

I upgraded my camera from 550D to 6D and i have some question.

1. I can't find any audio tab on 6D and i couldn't find any module for this. Is it normal? How can I manage the audio on 6D with ML?

2. I read about the full-res silent picture mod with ML, will it work with 6D or I just missed something?

3. Is there any chance to change the h.264 bitrate like on 550D? I love the raw but sometimes i need longer record time and the basic video quality is crap...

4. And the last one, which is really annoying, why the ML menu does quit after few sec automatically if i don't touch it? Could be fixed in the future?

I am only a user, not a developer, but if i can help with anything in 6D, just let me know guys!

Thanks

extremelypoorfilmaker

Hi bagi1992,

1. magiclantern-Nightly.2015Jan29.6D113 and magiclantern-Nightly.2014Aug20.6D113 are the build i am currentyl using. In the modules section mlv_snd is present. you need that module to have MLV WITH sound enabled. Bear in mind, you have to regualte the sound volume from the canon menu

3. Try to look into older builds, but anyway, if you do a quick search on the forum you will hear that is not really worthy.

4. nope, it stays that way! :P :) just live with it and be gratefull that you have a lot of goodies that the mean canon guys haven't given us! :)

bjesparza04

I just downloaded Magic latern on my 6D. Worked like a charm and now I'm just exploring. I ready somewhere to use a fully charged Canon battery and that's what I did. But now that I've done it, would it be okay to use a 3rd party? I only have one canon and a bunch of third party. After doing some experimenting ect. I'm thinking of using it on one of my shoots, but want to make sure everything is working okay. :)

SuperMouseDV

Is there a way to enable full frame video out of the Canon 6D via HDMI with magic lantern? Thanks. I know I get better frame size on my Ikan with it than the stock output, I at least get the video to meet the top and bottom of the frame. Just cannot get it to stretch to the boarders. I would like to get a ninja or the like to backup the video in case of an infield boo boo.

KelvinK

Quote from: bagi1992 on February 23, 2015, 07:37:38 PM
Hi guys,

1. I can't find any audio tab on 6D and i couldn't find any module for this. Is it normal? How can I manage the audio on 6D with ML?

2. I read about the full-res silent picture mod with ML, will it work with 6D or I just missed something?

3. Is there any chance to change the h.264 bitrate like on 550D? I love the raw but sometimes i need longer record time and the basic video quality is crap...

4. And the last one, which is really annoying, why the ML menu does quit after few sec automatically if i don't touch it? Could be fixed in the future?

I am only a user, not a developer, but if i can help with anything in 6D, just let me know guys!

Thanks

3. Bitrate change in 6D ML was removed since april 2014 for some (unknown for me) reason.
4. This bug is related to 6D wheels (you rather block wheels or keep flickerting ML menu) and seems can't be fixed. There's no flickering issue in photo mode tho.
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

KelvinK

Quote from: pikepike on February 16, 2015, 07:06:22 PM
how do I download magic lantern for the 6D , it just keeps saying page not available

as walter said
and for later builds just check address line and remove doubled site name at the begining (i have same bug, it works ok in chrome only).
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

grey

Quote from: bagi1992 on February 23, 2015, 07:37:38 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks
3. 6D has ALL I mode, use it.
4. It's known bag. Also 70D and EOS M had it.

lebowski

Is it still mandatory to downgrade to 1.1.3? Or can I stay with upgraded firmware in order to install ML? thanks

Walter Schulz

First post is valid and the only version for 6D is called "6D.113" for this very reason.

SuperMouseDV

I upgraded to the 1.1.4 and all of my 3rd party power adapters stopped working downgrading to 1.1.3 fixed it and loving magic lantern since

schedonnardus

yeah, the 1.1.4 update was made to prevent you from using 3rd party batteries

SuperMouseDV

Unfortunately it was before a shoot and I lost most of my video but Audio was ok since I had it backed up Via a Tascam dr60

pryanic

Hello everyone! I installed latest firmware ML version on my 6D. But I heavn't Audio setup menu, and in Video preference I heavn't Bitrate setup.

extremelypoorfilmaker

Quote from: pryanic on March 02, 2015, 01:26:56 PM
Hello everyone! I installed latest firmware ML version on my 6D. But I heavn't Audio setup menu, and in Video preference I heavn't Bitrate setup.

Bitrate setup: Look for older  builds

you can manage audio through magic lantern menu. You need to use Canon menu. To enable Recording Audio, you need to enable MLV_snd in the modules screen! :)

p.s.
The disappearing menu is a common bug, i't there to stay and we LOVE it! :D

lebowski

I am going to shoot a documentary with my 6D+ML. I also own a 550D with ML too which has two features that are missing in my 6D (latest build), and I really would like to have them because it will be very useful:
1. The audio menu: I know that there are some controls in the Canon standard menu, but I'd like to record BOTH external mic and internal mic audio in my movie, which is possible in 550D.
2. Intervalometer in video mode: I would like to shoot single clips starting with a preset delay and lasting xx seconds... this is not possible with 6D :(

Is it possible to include those features in a new build? Should I ask in the "request" subforum?
Thanks!!

PANATEC

Hi there,

I'd appreciate help as i got stuck trying to install ML. I downloaded the "magiclantern-Nightly.2015Mar02.6D113", and installed it over the already updated 1.1.3 firmware. All goes well, including the green message "restart the camera", i switch it off, restart and i get the canon menu and no ML.

Any clue about which might be the issue here?

I firstly installed the 1.1.6 firmware and then downgraded to 1.1.3 right after to comply with the installation instructions

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Walter Schulz

You may want to press trashcan button.