Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

33black

There it is, didn't hit the info buttons.

Sorry, I'm a newbie, and I tend not to read instructions because I like to pretend i'm a man's man.

33black

So everything looks like it's working for me in general.

It's just that damn FPS override.

1%

TomJ

Quote from: 1% on May 08, 2013, 01:52:40 AM
FPS sucks on all digic V.
Yeah. But why Canon..., Why..?, dammit!!!

pemstudio

I would like to ask: will HDR  be available in photos?

blade

Quote from: pemstudio on May 08, 2013, 01:52:13 PM
I would like to ask: will HDR  be available in photos?

It is already there in the stock canon firmware. And you even have a selection on the dial for it...
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

Lucas_W

They mean ML's HDR-Photo function (http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/userguide#hdr_bracketing).
and the answer is yes, I don't think there's any reason that it won't be eventually included on the 650D but just not at the moment.
Canon EOS 650D + Kit lens, EF 50mm 1.8 and 52mm polariser.

blade

Then the answer would be yes. It should work, however it depends on props. And for now no props are active.  So maybe in the next alpha or so some props may be active.
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

buckbullstallion

Okay, 1 question, does anyone use a battery pack, and if so does the battery pack work after the install. After I unlocked the boot loader, and run the ML on my 650 I am no longer getting the battery pack to work. If anyone could verify if their battery pack works, and perhaps what brand you have that would be great. I have a generic brand. or if there is a switch inside ML that enables or disables the battery I would like to know thank you. I am so happy to have my camera with ML that I can care less at this time. but just thought I would ask that question perhaps I messed something up. But right now after applying this update I no longer am able to use my battery pack.

OliverD

Quote from: buckbullstallion on May 08, 2013, 02:45:07 PM
If anyone could verify if their battery pack works, and perhaps what brand you have that would be great.

I have a cheap "Qumox" Battery grip
http://amazon.de/dp/B00B8PBBEU

Works perfect with ML

nanomad

Original canon BG and AC adapter. They work fine with ML (I always have them on unless I need to enable the bootflag)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

mojo

just to confirm, the 650D canon firmware to go with prealpha2 would be ver 1.0.1?

nanomad

There are no other firmwares for the 650D, so yes
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

mojo

Yeti183

Hi nanomad

Thanks so much for your work. I'm new to ML and to digital photography (the 650D is my first digital - used my T90 before) and it is fantastic to get such an awesome tool from you guys.
Will have to play around with it and learn a lot. I'm totally excited.
thanks, thanks, thanks!!!!

to buckbullstallion:

Using a Phottix BG-550D batterygrip and it is working normal - all buttons work.

Best, Robert
T90,EOS 650D

buckbullstallion

Quote from: nanomad on May 08, 2013, 04:18:17 PM
Original canon BG and AC adapter. They work fine with ML (I always have them on unless I need to enable the bootflag)
I use a photive PH-GRP550D I know its a t2i system but was working fine, Maybe my AC battery block did something to the system. Sad face. it does work with the battery and the AC battery pack. I will fully charge the batteries and recheck will let you guys know. I just know that the pack above mentioned was working just prior to the Update and now doesn't. If it doesn't work. Again I accept full responsibility for my actions on my camera, but if someone has this battery pack adapter and could verify that theirs works that would be great.

I am so Thrilled that ML is working that that doesn't matter. ML FTW. Thank you nanomad and all devs for making this possible on the 650D

buckbullstallion

Quote from: Yeti183 on May 08, 2013, 08:26:35 PM
Hi nanomad

Thanks so much for your work. I'm new to ML and to digital photography (the 650D is my first digital - used my T90 before) and it is fantastic to get such an awesome tool from you guys.
Will have to play around with it and learn a lot. I'm totally excited.
thanks, thanks, thanks!!!!

to buckbullstallion:

Using a Phottix BG-550D batterygrip and it is working normal - all buttons work.

Best, Robert

JINX and that's the same one I am using. I will fully charge batteries and give it another go. thanks for responding and reading my MIND!!! LOL they may not be the same, but they are both 550D just probably rebranded.

buckbullstallion

Also, to the DEVS, is there a way to move the Memory text that is on top of my battery indicator into a more black spot on the screen, like a shift of 8 fonts to the Right?

buckbullstallion

Tested the BGRip with full batteries -- nothing changes. I will re-order one and see if its my BG grip that went bad. I will repost in 2 days regarding this. Also is there a way to re-lock the firmware to original to test if that works?

TomJ

Quote from: buckbullstallion on May 09, 2013, 01:14:45 AM
Tested the BGRip with full batteries -- nothing changes. I will re-order one and see if its my BG grip that went bad. I will repost in 2 days regarding this. Also is there a way to re-lock the firmware to original to test if that works?

I've used Meike batt grips with sterling effect over the years (bashed around in India, Kuwait, etc). Never a problem, solid, well built and cheap (like $30 on the A). Works perfect with ML PA2. So yeah, send yours back for another copy (like we seem to have to do with lenses on a regular basis these days...)

Lucas_W

To boot into the "original firmware" you can hold down the SET button as you switch the camera into the On mode, a message will appear on the screen saying "Magic OFF".
Canon EOS 650D + Kit lens, EF 50mm 1.8 and 52mm polariser.

buckbullstallion

Quote from: TomJ on May 09, 2013, 04:50:24 AM
I've used Meike batt grips with sterling effect over the years (bashed around in India, Kuwait, etc). Never a problem, solid, well built and cheap (like $30 on the A). Works perfect with ML PA2. So yeah, send yours back for another copy (like we seem to have to do with lenses on a regular basis these days...)

Oh yeah, I just called Canon on it, but they wanted me to start up a case, I just hung up on Him. I will diagnose myself, and yes I agree boomerang it if it fails. Quicker and faster then any RMA.

Quote from: Lucas_W on May 09, 2013, 07:00:37 AM
To boot into the "original firmware" you can hold down the SET button as you switch the camera into the On mode, a message will appear on the screen saying "Magic OFF".

The battery pack no longer works with camera therefore cannot do that. It may be in the unlocking of the Boot loader. I am just hoping that it did not fry anything in the camera as I was removing the battery pack. I am hoping that the battery pack if anything failed which I will test on Friday and will post my findings. I just wanted to know if there was a way to Relock the boot loader into the original firmware. I am sure if a new firmware comes out I will be able to apply that and should relock the BL.

buckbullstallion

Okay so I go to debug menu>burn-in tests>stubs API test:
Test completes with 85 pass 1 fail. Is that normal?

a1ex

Yes, the halfshutter test fails because it requires properties.

oli650d

Thank you has all for alpha 2
I little finally to play with
Good luck for the final version
Eos m , Eos 70d canon 18-135 STM :canon 50mm f1.8 : tamron  SP 70-300 f4/5.6 VC : SD eye-fi 4Go/Sandisk extreme pro 95mb/s 8Go:flash yongnuo YN565EX / YN560 II: tube extention macro 31;21;13mm : tamron SP 90mm DI f2.8:sigma 17-50 ex f2.8: efm 22mm...70D.111A