Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1ricca

Quote from: a1ex on March 26, 2013, 08:48:40 AM
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/archive/index.php/t-247001.html
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/ml-devel/8cnLT_FjgIw

This is a Canon bug, present on all cameras that I've tried. ML has a fix for it, just enable exposure override ( http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/userguide#expoverride ).

OMFG I love you. Totally worked. Perfect for full time M mode peeps like myself.

Yeti183

Hello to all you fellows

Just to introduce myself shortly: my name is Robert, I'm from Germany and I'm new to this forum and to digital photography.
Been using mit Canon AE1-Program and my T90 (all manual focus for the younger guys - I'm not so old btw, in my mid fortys) and medium format Mamyia RB and RZ.
Now that my beloved 75-300 Apo lens died I had to think of either getting a new MF lens or to switch.
Bad thing - all my loved FD lenses don't fit on EF/EF-S (I now there is an adapter but with the lens for infinity focus in the adapter my 17mm super wide angel is gone  :-[ )

So I decided to switch and got the EOS650D in autumn last year. Searching the web I found out about MagicLantern and I get more and more excited about it every day I read and think about it.
I haven't been into video at all before but all this here fascinates me more and more.

So I'm totally desperate for the release of ML for my EOS650D and hope so much that you fantastic guys don't skip the project now that the 700D is out.

so much said - but nothing of importance  ;) - I just wanted to thank you here for the fantastic work you do and can't wait to use ML
T90,EOS 650D

alesis_neo

May I ask how is the alpha going?

I don't mean to pressure anyone just would like an update on it for all of us Magic Lantern lovers that can't wait for it to come out, I check every reply on this post hoping its good news about the alpha :P

Thanks to the developers for all of their dedication on making our cameras so much better and functional  :D
Canon EOS 650D | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | Tamron 11-16mm f/2.8 | Sigma 30mm f/1.4

BrunoLiegi

Good morning, and congratulations for your project!
I own a 650D and I'm wondering if there's the possibility to set up a "Touch Focus" function, where you touch the point to focus on the screen and the machine focuses it.
It already does it but it shots a photo after focusing. I don't want that it shots the photo immediately  :(
Anyway, you are doing an amazing work, I've seen it working on a 5D  ;D
Canon EOS 650D - EFs 18-135 IS - EF 50 f1.8 II - EF 35mm f2

laame

Quote from: BrunoLiegi on March 28, 2013, 09:52:23 AM
I own a 650D and I'm wondering if there's the possibility to set up a "Touch Focus" function, where you touch the point to focus on the screen and the machine focuses it.
It already does it but it shots a photo after focusing. I don't want that it shots the photo immediately  :(
Turn off "touch shutter" and it will just focus on selected area.

BrightGarden

Quote from: laame on March 28, 2013, 10:28:30 AM

Turn off "touch shutter" and it will just focus on selected area.

One note - I have a bug in my 650D and wondering if any of you see it - I disable "touch shutter" but it keeps re-enabling itself.
I will be shooting stills and touching the screen to move the focus box and it will shoot a pic.
Or, in video mode, I touch the screen and it takes a still shot.
I then have to go into the menu and disable touch shutter again.
Getting annoying and I am watching for a release of new firmware from Canon, hoping they fix this.
I can't believe it is happening only my camera, I would have to think that it has to be all 650D's.
Anyone else see this?
Peter Gregory - Greater NYC Area
Pictorialist and Documentarist, of my own, small world...
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual you have an obligation to be one."

cafer35

Quote from: BrightGarden on March 28, 2013, 12:08:22 PM
One note - I have a bug in my 650D and wondering if any of you see it - I disable "touch shutter" but it keeps re-enabling itself.
I will be shooting stills and touching the screen to move the focus box and it will shoot a pic.
Getting annoying and I am watching for a release of new firmware from Canon, hoping they fix this.
I can't believe it is happening only my camera, I would have to think that it has to be all 650D's.
Anyone else see this?

Well, my T4i works just fine and I don't have that issue. Is there sny chance you get a replacement?

laame

Quote from: BrightGarden on March 28, 2013, 12:08:22 PM
Anyone else see this?
Yes, I have the same issue, but I don't use LiveView for photography.
Usually I just check TouchShutter icon on screen before tap focusing.

Yeti183

Sorry for you, BrightGarden and laame, but at my 650D it works flawless like on cafer35's.
As well in photo as in video mode.

Best, Robert
T90,EOS 650D

Phillips321

Hi guys,

Sorry to chase but any idea when a public beta might be available?

Or is it very much like Debian; "It will be done when its done"?

Many thanks to all the devs and I am willing to test the beta (gather its a closed alpha at the moment?)

Cheers guys

Phillips321

blade

That seems correct. It's done when its done. I am testing a closed alpha, and as far as I know there are still a few bugs that need to be fixed before a public realease.

I have no coding skills so a can only speed up the process by testing. But even only testing consumes a lot of free time.

I think that it's a wise disision not to rush the alpha, and to realease a more or less stable code when the time ripe.

eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

loplo

Damn, when I'm getting an email with "Topic reply: Canon 650D [Status: Hello, world!]", I'm running like hell to the PC, hoping that there's something new.
Later I realize that someone has nothing better to do, than bugging dev's with the same question.
Sit back, relax and enjoy Easter.
Happy Easter everyone!

nanomad

Yep, still fixing bugs. Closed doors testing really helps nailing down bugs since people actually test the features. The FPS override bug should be fixed now, so expect another build soon.
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Ivarss

My camera is willing o help in case you need it Nanomad! Otherwise i be happy to wait and help you guys when you release it for open! :)
Dyxlexia and Dyscalcia has its scars...

breaker

Run luplo, RUN :D! - sorry, you can just sit back :P

Great to hear the progress nanomad! I tested todays nightly since i saw some activity around the FSP override in "hudson" yesterday, but still had crash after end of recording. But i assume from what you wrote that i will also need a newer .fir before it's fixed.
EOS 7D | EOS 650D | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM | 50D RAW Monster :-D

nanomad

Testing nightlies it's pointless since you need an updated fir.
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

newsense

Quote from: Phillips321 on March 31, 2013, 12:54:21 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry to chase but any idea when a public beta might be available?

Or is it very much like Debian; "It will be done when its done"?

Many thanks to all the devs and I am willing to test the beta (gather its a closed alpha at the moment?)

Cheers guys

Phillips321

Long time Debian user, never expected to see a Debian ref here. Funny one too, haha.

RafaLibrenz

Hi!

I have a 650D, and maybe I can help by testing the 'closed doors alpha' versions, if needed.

I have experience with CHDK on my SX110, which I used for years.

If I can be helpful, please contact me.

Congratulations for the job with Magic Lantern. I read the userguide and watched some videos. It's really (really!) impressive.
70D + 18-135 STM

newsense

Quote from: RafaLibrenz on April 02, 2013, 03:24:08 AM
Hi!

I have a 650D, and maybe I can help by testing the 'closed doors alpha' versions, if needed.

I have experience with CHDK on my SX110, which I used for years.

If I can be helpful, please contact me.

Congratulations for the job with Magic Lantern. I read the userguide and watched some videos. It's really (really!) impressive.

Not sure how they pick there closed door Alphas but i'm guessing it's people that have been active in the ML community for a while. I'd test it too as well as anyone that has posted in this thread i'm sure. Open Beta is going to be the earliest we see it I would guess.

thesecretpixel

Hello,

I would like to donate for the 650D version. Which Paypal donation link should I use?

Best Regards,
   Derek

jimmyD30

Me too, can't wait for the 650D port, please post PayPal link to donate for this version, thank you!

1ricca

Quote from: jimmyD30 on April 02, 2013, 02:58:14 PM
Me too, can't wait for the 650D port, please post PayPal link to donate for this version, thank you!

Bump.

There are enough new followers in this one thread to warrant simply posting a direct link to a paypal donation. Many people aren't even posting, simply coming by to keep up on the status. It would be wise to put it here.

michel

For the 6 millionth time:

QuoteThanks to your help, we have covered all our funding needs for now. Please consider donating to EFF, they do a great work in defending your digital rights!

Source: http://www.magiclantern.fm/download

Galior

I checked log files here http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/nightly/archive/  and I see Nanomad and a1ex works under old models each day and only one day per week under our EOS 650d  !!!! Very Nice !
They said they have not time.....  I do not sure.
Are you waiting ML for 650D  ??? Only after EOS 800D in 3 years. Check log files of the job 650D.