Canon 650D [OLD]

Started by nanomad, November 29, 2012, 12:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brewerrj

Quote from: a1ex on March 08, 2013, 04:39:21 PM
Touch support is not really working, but feel free to implement it ;)

If I could I would, but I have no real coding experience, except for a bit of HTML, PHP & ActionScript 2 (the last time I used it was about 3 years ago)

Phillips321

So what language is ML written in?

And do you have some sort of emulation environment to test against or is it a case of compile, load onto the camera and pray?

1%

Its C++, yes, load and pray. If you somewhat know what you're doing, not so much praying

Phillips321

So I don't do c++ as a primary language but am comfortable with programming (mainly scripting such as python).

How big is the MLB  dev team and what areas are slowing down the release of the 650d version that I could assist with?

brewerrj

Ah C++. I have a book for that, I got it was part of a course I did about 10 years ago and only opened it once :P

1%

Compile yourself and fix what's wrong.  You don't need to wait for a release if you can make the source tree. I think only 1 person working on  650d... but first read up on how ML + the camera works. Camera can make logs, you can dump and disassemble the fw. Once you get the gist you can add features or make old features work on 650D.

JamieRollsMedia650D

Wish I knew how to complie it altogether really want to try this know ! Lol itching !

scott.stamp

Hey nanomad, just wanted to extend my gratitude to your awesome effort on the 650D port! Really looking forward to trying out the Alpha. Planning a shoot tomorrow, guessing it probably won't be ready in time, but as soon as it's out I'm dropping everything and taking it out in the wonderful weather we've been having here lately.

Can't help noticing a few people posting "just compile it" or "fix it yourself" - is a working version of the source available already or something?

cafer35

Hi, I'm from Costa Rica and I own a T4i, how can I help you testing the ml fw?

nanomad

Quote from: scott.stamp on March 09, 2013, 01:25:51 AM
Hey nanomad, just wanted to extend my gratitude to your awesome effort on the 650D port! Really looking forward to trying out the Alpha. Planning a shoot tomorrow, guessing it probably won't be ready in time, but as soon as it's out I'm dropping everything and taking it out in the wonderful weather we've been having here lately.

Can't help noticing a few people posting "just compile it" or "fix it yourself" - is a working version of the source available already or something?
Yes. The source is, as always, on the repository. There's no point in keeping stuff secret :)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

simolo

Good Job Guys !!!
Keep up the goood work !!
Thank u sooo much !

cafer35

Quote from: nanomad on March 09, 2013, 09:31:10 AM
Yes. The source is, as always, on the repository. There's no point in keeping stuff secret :)

I can't find this alpha version of ML, can you put the link?

Galior

Nanomad, is Alpha version ready to install? Could you please so kind let me and other men know where is a place for download.
Thanks for your great job !

loplo

There's no compiled version, only the source - officially. If you know how to compile and willing to risk to compile and install your version, you're good to go.

And by the way, don't stress the team with such questions. I don't really think that any of us is losing money because he's running canon and not ml.

cafer35

Thanks, there's nothing more but wait... great work, by the way...

satriani

Compile it yourself. What's the problem?  :)
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

blade

Be patience , takes time! 

The software was sent to a few trusted testers. And runs in safe mode ( does not boot by itself ). As far is I know no big issues were found. Nanomad already announced that he will compile a public alpha.

That's the time to jump in if you want to make a contribution.

I might be wrong but I think nanomad is the sole developer working on the 650d. So if he finds time, that is greatly appreciated. If not, so be it...

I have no coding skills so I can't make a contributions in that part of the development. If you do have the skills, please help out we're you can.

Otherwise, wait for it, and be thankfull if and when it arrives.

eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

baga

Anyone heard from ProfessorX?  I know he was loving the pre-alfa.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

blade

Quote from: baga on March 10, 2013, 03:45:48 PM
Anyone heard from ProfessorX?  I know he was loving the pre-alfa.
Not on this forum, no. Would be nice to know if he had time to test.
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

baga

The public Alpha will be out real soon.  Those of us that tested the latest version have given nanomad our results.  He is working on the alpha and it will be out real soon.  Remember this is something he does in his spare time.  He has a full time job and personal life.  He hasn't let us down yet and if he said real soon, it will be.  I figure sometime this weekend if it's not then next week.  He doesn't want to brick any camera's on the first public release.  The above goes for all the developers and testers. 
When it's ready we will all know.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

baga

Quote from: blade on March 10, 2013, 04:00:37 PM
Not on this forum, no. Would be nice to know if he had time to test.
I know he was using the original pre-alpha and was enjoying it.  I don't think he tested the last update even though it was offered to him to test. 

lordgnagey

Long time magic lantern user here, (I was privately testing the beta on the 550d when that came out.) I wanted to say thank you to Nanomad and A1ex for devoting their time to such a worthwhile effort. Also thanks to blade, breaker, baga and all the testers for putting your cameras on the frontline to help with dev. I think that the final ML release for t4i is going to be a game-changer, just like it was for the 550d/MarkII back in the day.

Really excited for this Alpha!
"You're all freaks, sir. But you always have been freaks. Life is a freak. That's its hope and glory."  - The Robot Bartender

aguden

Just a thank you for the work you all have been doing.  I've used ML on my T2i for a good while and just received my new T4i.  I waited for ML to be close before I ordered it.  Again.  Thanks for the great upgrade to the firmware Canon provides.  It really makes these cameras so much easier to use and adds so much functionality.  I'm still not sure how I ever did anything with my old SLRs - Minolta SRT-101 and -102!  Long time ago. Whole different world.  I like today's world better in most way!
Al Guden
Canon Rebel T4i

buckbullstallion

Hey hey, just chiming in again, loving the progress so far, just wish I knew where to get that pre-alpha, but from the looks of it will not have to search as an Alpha is on the Horizon. A big thank you for the Devs working tirelessly on this Port. an all the testers testing. I have my virgin Camera here ready to slap some ML love in it. thanks again.

Lucas_W

I've compiled myself a magiclantern.bin and autoexec.bin but I'm not sure how to compile the .fir or whatever else I need.

EDIT: I've tried doing "make" in the install/650D folder and it's giving errors that I don't quite understand.  I'll post a link to a log as soon as I can get it out of the VM.

EDIT: Is it acceptable to use 650D-bootfix.fir with a compiled autoexec.bin and ML?

EDIT:
I took the plunge and it worked out-of-the-box when I inserted my card and turned on. (I think I had set my camera's bootflag on a previous experiment).
Canon EOS 650D + Kit lens, EF 50mm 1.8 and 52mm polariser.