Nightly Builds - try the very latest stuff here

Started by a1ex, October 11, 2012, 01:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuyGT

I'm using the newest Nightly Build for my 600D and I had no problem installing it, but as I keep my camera on within just a few minutes the internal temp goes up to 60 degrees Celsius/140 Fahrenheit. Did I do something wrong to have that happen? I've never had any other problems.

deletedAcc.0021

QuoteI'm using the newest Nightly Build for my 600D and I had no problem installing it, but as I keep my camera on within just a few minutes the internal temp goes up to 60 degrees Celsius/140 Fahrenheit. Did I do something wrong to have that happen? I've never had any other problems.

I noticed the exact same thing on a recent shoot.  So I reverted back to a 5-30 build,  prior to the new memory and new layout, no more problems.  I think they are pushing the 600D a little too hard.

5D3shooter

Can it hurt the camera to enable bootflag more than once?  Or will it just not affect anything?

With all the bootflag discussion going on I realized that I've done the procedure like 3 times when preparing a new card when I only needed to prepare the card on its own.  Cam is working fine but I just wanted to know if it could be bad for it technically.

Thanks

Mav

I installed the Nightly Build from the archive called: "magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Nov06.550D109.zip" on my 550d. Looking at the feature comparison matrix I should be able to use Double ISO, but I don't have the option in the settings. Some ideas what I could have done wrong?

tron

Quote from: Mav on November 06, 2013, 09:11:31 PM
I installed the Nightly Build from the archive called: "magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Nov06.550D109.zip" on my 550d. Looking at the feature comparison matrix I should be able to use Double ISO, but I don't have the option in the settings. Some ideas what I could have done wrong?
IF under ML\modules directory there is a file named dual_iso.mo check that you have enabled the loading of modules at your camera...

Mav

Awesome, thank you! That was the problem. A little bit silly to not check that out, so sorry for bugging you guys... Pretty silly.

thba74

Since the couple of the last nightlies the time indicator (all kinds of modes) where not displayed in liveview and in hdmi mode on the 550D. The nightly from the 2013-09-20 displays the indicator only when audio is disabled from canon menu.

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issue/1710/time-indicator-lower-upper-infobars
550D // Canon 1.8 50 //Tamron 2.8 17-50 // Tamron 70-300 // Lilliput 596GL-50NP/HO/Y // Rode VideoMic // AD 160 ENG Mixer // Some M42's

ToniX

Quote from: dslrrookie on November 05, 2013, 08:41:22 PM
I noticed the exact same thing on a recent shoot.  So I reverted back to a 5-30 build,  prior to the new memory and new layout, no more problems.  I think they are pushing the 600D a little too hard.

Same here:-) what is the max safe temperature?

600D - EFs18-55 ISII

deletedAcc.0021

Quote from: ToniX on November 07, 2013, 06:58:39 PM
Same here:-) what is the max safe temperature?

One of the devs said its most likely a coding issue.  The temp read out may be off.  If your not getting the Canon overheat warning, you should be ok.

I use my cameras commercially, so I can't take any chances. I went back to an earlier build where this wasn't an issue.

eikerir

Hi, i just started using the latest build for the T3i, it's the first time i'm using the updated ML look and overall i really like it.

A couple of things:

- I don't see the Time Indicator anywhere on Live View, so i have no idea how long my shot has been or how long i have until it cuts off. Any help? Is there something i need to do for it to show?

- Can the audio meters be on screen even with the "Override audio settings" set to OFF? I can only see them if this it's turned ON and sometimes i would like to use the simpler Canon Audio controls but still keep the meters on screen.

- This is the first time i'm using ML audio controls on the 600D, can anyone explain me the difference between Analog Gain and Mic Boost?

Thanks for any help, cheers!

Egg101

I'm looking to use ML for my 1100D / T3 however all the builds from 10/21/2013 onward say "This Build Failed!"
How can I get a nightly build? Should I use the 10/20/13 one which is the latest one that works?

Wlad81

Still there's NO firmware for 100D.

The shortest question to be followed:

WHEN?
Canon EOS 5D Mk III + Canon 24-105 F/4 L IS USM + SanDisk Exreme Pro 64 GB (SD, ML Nightly.2021Feb07.5D3113) + SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 GB (CF).

Egg101

Alright thanks for the answer guys. Anyone know of any alternative firmware that can enable changing exposure (aperture) in video mode? That's all I need because unfortunately the 1100d/T3 can't do that for whatever reason.
Thanks

dmilligan

Quote from: Egg101 on November 12, 2013, 03:40:41 PM
I'm looking to use ML for my 1100D / T3 however all the builds from 10/21/2013 onward say "This Build Failed!"
How can I get a nightly build? Should I use the 10/20/13 one which is the latest one that works?
Someone commited a change that broke the 1100D build. I submitted a fix, but it never got merged, probably b/c a1ex was busy with other things, now it appears he's going to be MIA for a while, so it probably wont get fixed anytime soon.

Short Answer: Just use the one from 10/20, there's nothing new since then anyway.

Quote from: Egg101 on November 13, 2013, 02:27:41 PM
Alright thanks for the answer guys. Anyone know of any alternative firmware that can enable changing exposure (aperture) in video mode? That's all I need because unfortunately the 1100d/T3 can't do that for whatever reason.
Thanks
Enable expo override and you can change Av in video mode on 1100D from the ML menu. I use this all the time.

eikerir

Any help/comments about the Time Indicator not showing? I'm using a T3i, i don't know if it's the same for other cameras:

ultimatemale

Can someone pls upload the link to the latest working build for 5D3 as the last one i can see is August 21st

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: ultimatemale on November 17, 2013, 04:33:26 AM
Can someone pls upload the link to the latest working build for 5D3 as the last one i can see is August 21st

I'm assuming you're trying to bleed on the edge with most of us by using nightly builds, if so...

http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/ and be sure you choose the platform to 5D3.

Otherwise - you can just get the latest Alpha version from here https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/downloads/magiclantern-5D3.113.Alpha3.zip

Enjoy!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

dickson

dickson

Well that's weird - I tried a different computer and the links came up.

Tongotongo

Hola, si tienes Windows 8 o 8.1 o mejor dicho el explorer 11 hace eso mismo , lo que tenes que hacer es tecla f12 y donde dice modo documento elegir elegís el 10 o 9 y listo ahí se puede ver perfecto. Saludos ,Gerardo.

Hello, if you have Windows 8 ,11 explorer does just that, what you have to do is key f12 and choose which way you choose document says 10 or 9 and go there you can see perfect. Regards, Gerardo.
Canon 650d Tamron 17-50 mm 2.8 canon 50 mm fijo 1.8 magic lantern

dickson

Thanks, Gerardo, got it.

Now a new problem - loaded the latest build into my 5d3, clicked the modules I wanted, rebooted the camera (I assume that just means turn it off) - but the modules didn't load. They're there, with the green lights lit, saying they'll load, but they don't.

dickson

Whoops, figured it out - 'disable all modules' was engaged.

apefos

I am getting 67 Celsius in latest 600D build with RED warning (11/22/2013 buildfor 600D)... this build is working fine for dual iso in h264 recording so I would like to know if this issue will be fixed or if someone could point me to the most recent previous build without this overheating issue...

thanks

Tongotongo

Bueno que te ayudo , cada ves que instalar un build nueva las opciones se desactivan , asi que activas las que necesitas reinicias y ya debería andar. Saludos

Well that'll help, every time I install a new build options are disabled, so you need to restart active and it should go. Regards

PS: I would love to have that machine
Canon 650d Tamron 17-50 mm 2.8 canon 50 mm fijo 1.8 magic lantern