CANON 5D MARK II HDMI OUTPUT TO MONITOR + LIVE VIEW CANON 5D MARK II

Started by MichaelxBarakat, September 17, 2023, 07:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelxBarakat

CANON 5D MARK II HDMI OUTPUT TO MONITOR + LIVE VIEW FOR CANON 5D MARK II

I am using an external monitor with my Canon 5D Mark II and it outputs to the field monitor, however, doesn't output to Canon 5D mark ii liveview.

NEEDS TO BE CODED FOR 5DM2 Users Who can help develop this?

This was fixed in the canon 5D mark 3 with output hdmi to monitor + liveview, who can help

Coding HDMI Output Module
If hdmi output goes to external monitor, output to liveview as well
{
(Vk_HDMIOutput)
}

Walter Schulz

It was fixed by Canon with firmware update 1.2.x and required a major firmware redesign. ML was not involved.
ATM ML can nothing do about it.

MichaelxBarakat

Yes, but that is only on Canon 5D Mark III

I am trying to get output monitoring to external monitor + live view so I can focus and frame right on camera,

My set up external monitor is on a C Stand or support with hdmi cable running to camera...

Might just have to buy the Mark III?

names_are_hard

Yup - this is not a feature that ML devs think is practical to add to the 5D2.  May not even be possible, depends on the camera internals.  Since it doesn't have an articulated screen, a monitor from HDMI is useful anyway, lots of people do that.

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

reddeercity

The way i used my 5D2 to get properly framing , was to use the Zacutro  Z-Finder Pro 3X , that passes thought to my
Atomos Ninja Hard drive recorder(which can be a monitor as well) . The Zacutro has different framing guide lines plus does
Anamorphic ,  be on that I my be the only left here that did research on the 5D2 Rom , the possibility exists but highly unlikely .
Its a matter of mirroring the liveview but the big differences here on the 5D2 you have 2 different Image streams
1 is set to 3x4 aspect ratio (HDMI with black pillar blocks) & the other (Video) is 16x9 or(1.85x9)
Now if we could get rid of the pillar blocks on the side , that would be 1 step closer to mirroring .
The graphic has to be redraw on both screen at the same time and i don't the D4  5D2 has a fast enough image processor .
I've done a lot Hdmi research about 5-6 years ago but ran in to a lot of brick walls .

The easiest way is to buy 5D3 , or the way i describe on my 5D2 .