Canon 500DAV/TV/ISO ect modes while recording video with ML? module?

Started by realflow100, June 15, 2021, 05:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realflow100

Is there any available modules I can get that will allow some kind of functionality like that?

The auto exposure module does not work in video mode. so I can't even use that to try to get it to behave how I want.

Is there any hope?

or should I try to buy a new camera that will have AV/TV/iso ect modes while recording video? I dont have thousands to spend. I bought my 500D for only 100$ used on amazon and I dont have much more than that to spend on a new camera.

All I'm able to do right now is slap an ND filter on while in bright conditions if I want a wider aperture. but that defeats the entire point. I want a higher shutter speed with less motion blur in bright light and wider aperture.

canon makes the aperture ridiculously tiny in bright daylight or outdoors. like F16 and even smaller. especially at long focal lengths with zoom lenses. Even on a cloudy day.
The diffraction causes so much blurryness especially when at long focal lengths!

If im using a tripod I can unscrew the lens slightly which forces the aperture wider. but then I dont have any image stabilization anymore. and no chance of autofocus either.
Too many compromises.