ISO 100
MLV APP:
- Reinhard/Alexa LOG C Wide Gamut
- Clarity -50, sharpness 100
- Aliasing [1 Pass Smooth - very slow export for 134 clips :( ]

SD Card Used: LEXAR PRO 1000X 128GB
EOS M

masc

Very nice and clear shots! Love the bokeh and the colors.
Quote from: ZEEK on December 01, 2019, 09:16:22 AM
MLV APP:
- Clarity -50, sharpness 100
- Aliasing [1 Pass Smooth - very slow export for 134 clips :( ]
The anitaliasing option you've chosen is indeed very slow and just works for clips with very slight movement. For clips with more than a slight movement you'll get ghosting, because this algorithm works based on optical flow. So for clips without movement the algorithm won't change the result.
On the other side, you'll amplify moiree and artifacts using the sharpness slider. As a tip: sharpen as very last step between NLE export and Youtube upload, or at least after upscaling the footage.
Have you tried the new "CA Desaturate Threshold" slider? This also often removes the color moiree artifacts like in 2:02 in the foreground (with some luck).
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ZEEK

Thanks masc! ;)
Quote from: masc on December 01, 2019, 01:04:28 PM
The anitaliasing option you've chosen is indeed very slow and just works for clips with very slight movement. For clips with more than a slight movement you'll get ghosting
Yes, probably the last time I'll use it, although it works rather nicely especially for 30fps. Yeah I read in the description section after I exported the clips the ghosting effects would take place, a little like HDR Export.

Quote from: masc on December 01, 2019, 01:04:28 PM
Have you tried the new "CA Desaturate Threshold" slider? This also often removes the color moiree artifacts like in 2:02 in the foreground (with some luck).
I haven't tried it yet although I have seen Dannes samples. Looks like it works wonders, although I'm yet to give it a go. As for the color Moiree, you're right I should probably use the CA Desaturate. These days I can barely see a thing on my 720p screen MacBook. I'm always missing some error that could have been fixed, example clipped highlights.
Thanks for the insight, appreciate it! 8)
EOS M

KirbyLikes525

the more I see the EOS M raw the more I love it's color tones. Great looking video! Warm and vibrant grading
5D Mark II
10 bit 12 bit Experimental Build

ZEEK

Thanks for the comment 😊. Each day I'm more and more amazed of its capabilities. ML Team have done a great job! I still need to work on a few areas, but overall great camera for the price! 😎👍
EOS M

LittleBig M

ZEEK

EOS M

IDA_ML

Hey Zeek,

Beautiful work, nice shots, wonderful colors!  The only thing I would do differently would be to use the anamorphic 1736x2180 resolution at 18 fps, (continuous recording possible at 12-bit lossless).  You will get a much better resolution of the finest detail in the wide angle landscape shots and get rid of the nasty aliasing.  Applying optical flow (enhanced better) interpolation to 24 fps in Resolve will give you very smooth and clean footage because the anglular rate of the moving objects in the scene is fairly low, even at 18 fps.  Please give it a try next time.  You  will be amazed how well it works for wide angle landscape videography, especially when viewed on a large high-resolution screen. 

I would even try 1736x2928 resolution at 16 fps, no continuous recording though but a few seconds/clip are possible.  This would give you enough vertical resolution for Dual ISO shots.  In my opinion, using such low frame rates, whenever possible, is not a bad thing.  Earlier film cameras were filming at 18 fps and noone complained about choppy videos. 

Kharak

Quote from: IDA_ML on December 06, 2019, 09:53:50 AM
Earlier film cameras were filming at 18 fps and noone complained about choppy videos. 

No offence, but not just earlier, more like 100 years ago. :)
once you go raw you never go back

ZEEK

Quote from: IDA_ML on December 06, 2019, 09:53:50 AM
Please give it a try next time. You will be amazed how well it works for wide angle landscape videography, especially when viewed on a large high-resolution screen. 
Thanks, I'll test it out and see how I like it. I'm personally not a fan of 18fps having tested it in the past in anamorphic mode, but ill give it another go and try to do things differently this time. Thanks for the input 8)
EOS M