Fixing Focus Dots from Canon 5D Mark III & How To Avoid This Issue In The Future

Started by PaulHarwood856, October 12, 2019, 11:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

PaulHarwood856

Hey Danne,

I did some tests today but couldn't replicate the artifacts. I saw 3-4 dead pixels when recording all bit depths and even with vertical band fixing on there were still vertical bands. I think it's best to apply vertical bands correction only on clips that need it (unless there is a setting I don't know about). The dead pixels were there even though I had Bad Pixel Fix on and Aggressive. However, after my tests I read your recent response. I was using Crop Rec Module and Raw Video. Only using the Raw Video Tab, 3.5K raw is still possible with 1.63 crop. When turning off Crop Rec Module and just using the Raw Video Tab, I was able to record 10 bit lossless for a long time. 12 bit lossless wasn't as long as a record time as I had on the Experimental Build July 22nd on the Experimental Builds page. So, for my next testing, I am going to record 14 bit at 2:35.1 (1920x818), then when shooting 3.5K, will still use 2:35.1 (3520x1320) but with 10 bit lossless. I will report back here with the results. Hoping to work around this issue! Any additional feedback would be great. Thanks.

- Paul

Danne

Hard to follow here but I think like this. Once you manage tp record any setting reproducing those dead pixels switch to 14bit and try to reproduce. You mention 12bit and iso 1600 so work from that. Maybe you can find scene which reproduces the issue every time.

PaulHarwood856

Hello Danne,

Ok I understand. I'm hoping this new way will avoid the artifacts. I will report back if the artifacts are in the clips or not. Will record at ISO 1600 and not crop mode. If I get a chance, I'll try recording 14 bit as well as 12 bit lossless for the same scene. I might try 14 bit lossless too since 14 bit does take a lot of card space.

- Paul

PaulHarwood856

Hello everyone,

There's an odd spot between 23 seconds and 24 seconds of this clip. I've noticed it some of my footage. It might be sensor dust but I'm not sure. Is there anyway someone can take a look? The reason I'm posting it the same topic is it could be an artifact. Any help would be great. Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IPdeTM5KP-Qq0G8yITDN8fhL6pzvmGZO

- Paul

Danne

In your first posts you seemed to be using mv1080p 12bit. For this test just keep to that. Some scenery should be able to safely reproduce the issue. If not it's interesting to know what triggers the issue...