Can’t reach continous recording on my 7d needs help pls

Started by Brawl, November 03, 2019, 03:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawl

Hi I have a fast enough sandisk cf (the faster model) and the latest nightly built installed on my canon 7d and I'm trying to record at non crop sensor (max resolution), but after one minute the recording stops automatically. So I turned off global draws and the recording time increased to one minute and 20 seconds.
I wish to record longer footage in raw I need it for a documentary I'm trying to shoot with no budget. Can you give me an advice about which option can I try to tweak other than "global draw" turned off please? Is it theoretically possible to obtains what I'm trying to reach? (did you reached continuous recording at default full sensor non crop resolution?)
Thx

Walter Schulz

First do sanity checks for your card:
Use a decent cardreader and benchmark tools like CrystalDiskMark (Windows) or Blackmagic Disk Speed Test (macOS) to check sequential write speed matches card's spec. Flash fraud is quite common!

If card works fine you may want to reduce processor overhead by switching to greyscale LV. Not loading additional modules is recommended.
Which module do you use? mlv_lite or mlv_rec?