5D MK II Bricked?

Started by URFIR3D, January 03, 2017, 06:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

URFIR3D

I just installed Magic Lantern on my 5D Mk II, it said to restart the camera, which I did. Then I shut it off and took out the memory card and dragged the backup ROM files to a safe spot in the computer. I put the card back in and tried to boot and nothing happens. It's like a dead battery, but I know that my battery isn't dead cause it was running a second ago. I tried 2 other batteries as well. None of the LEDs light up or anything.

I read in other posts and attempted removing the Lens/Battery/Card and booting but I still get absolutely nothing.  I tried downloading the diagnostic autoexec.bin files and they don't do anything either.  I tried booting on each mode.

I have not attempted to format the card yet, and it's the only CF card I have. I did make a full copy of all the files on the card (simply by dragging them out to a folder on my PC).

Pretty worried at the moment, could really use some help.

Update: After reconnecting my grip (which was used during the install), I am able to get the camera to boot by ensuring there is no card in the camera, the card door is closed, and removing and inserting the batteries. Not sure if I should just format my CF card or not. I know if I try to turn on the camera with the card in, nothing works.

Walter Schulz

Copy extracted nightly build contents to card and retry to startup cam with card inserted.
If it fails: Format card using cardreader and format in cam a second time in cam.