Autolandscape Bracketing Image

Started by garry23, November 20, 2016, 07:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry23

Some may be interested in the latest image I captured with my Lua Auto Landscape bracketing script:http://photography.grayheron.net/2016/11/one-of-uks-jewels.html

dfort

Nice!

So your script makes a 3-exposure bracket at 3 focus points and you are combining these 9 images in post?

Just wondering if your script also works for the EOSM when using EF-M lenses. Seems that last time I checked lua wasn't moving the focus on EF-M lenses though it worked fine with EF lenses through the adapter.

garry23

Sorry: doesn't work on the EOSM - not until Lua can move the lens.

The script allows for four bracketing options, including the script deciding on the number of brackets, which in this case was three.

I processed for a slightly over-saturated look in this image.

Cheers

Garry

dfort

Quote from: garry23 on November 21, 2016, 12:48:48 AM
Sorry: doesn't work on the EOSM - not until Lua can move the lens.

It can move the lens. At least the lua_fix and focus branches can. I've been trying to help a1ex get the fine focus adjustments working on EOSM.

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-requests/748/focus-backend-updates-precise-focus/diff

Try your script with the custom_lens_name build I posted and an EF lens mounted via an active EOSM adapter and I'll bet it works.

garry23

@dfort

I may well do that, once I return from vacation  ;)

Cheers

Garry

Bindass Bro

I know this is an old thread! I am a magic lantern noob, and totally intrigued by it!

I just have two questions (for Garry and others) - 1) the lua script is still valid for Canon EOS-M and 6D cameras? 2) Do Canon M mount lenses work now?

I am really interested in this automated process of landscape photography i.e. automated focus points settings (like fore, middle and background), and 3 to 5 exposure bracketed shots at each focus points.

Thanks in advance for the responses!   :) :) :)

Jamesonn

Nice photo Garry, I really like how everything is combined in the picture