New server - Please report any problems with the site here

Started by escho, October 11, 2016, 11:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agentirons

I'm not sure if it's a problem or intentional, but I can't find any way to be notified of new posts in threads I've participated in. (I only use the forum through a web browser, not the Tapatalk app)

I can see the notifications tab in the modify profile page, and I've turned notifications on, but the section for "Current Topic Notifications" is blank. The SMF help pages suggest that I can click a Notify button on any thread I want, but it doesn't appear to be visible anywhere on the Magic Lantern forums.

Second 'problem' - are profile pictures limited to Hero users? I've tried adding a link through modify profile before but it never actually saves.

a1ex

Just noticed the link to IRC chat (#magiclantern) somehow disappeared; added it back.

g3gg0

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

DeafEyeJedi

Not sure if this is the right spot to report but for awhile whenever we paste Vimeo URL links (without the s in https://) and not need of inserting proper embed links to make it appear doesn't seem to work anymore which then would require us to use proper embed links such as '
'?

However, there's also another annoying issue when it comes to using Tapatalk apps via iOS devices -- has anyone notice when using proper URL embeds it doesn't show the vimeo player upon using the app unless we either go into 'Webview mode' via Safari or just simply paste the normal vimeo URL without the embed link (really frustrating for our reading experience) so not sure if this has anything to do with the new server that you guys currently use to host this forum site?

Because in the past it was all working fine like normal in 3-ways like literally. This very issue also applies to normal OS X viewing (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) if I were to use a normal vimeo URL which would then usually show up as a video player (like as if I had used an embed URL when not needed) as this also no longer works hence the above reports -- could these issues be related altogether at the very least?

Because in the past it was so easy just to copy the normal vimeo URL (only required to eliminate the 'S' in https://) which was not only much easier to copy/paste and it also worked like wonders when it comes to viewing online whether it's on Mac OS X via Safari or iDevices iOS via Tapatalk, etc so something must have changed in between, hmm?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

karimlo

I have purchased a used Canon EOS 50D, I want to install Magic Lantern, but I am not able to download the nightly build. The site is throwing an error.
Does someone have the ML file backed up on a Google Drive or something?

This is the page I am not able to download from

https://builds.magiclantern.fm/50D-109.html

Thanks for helping.

Walter Schulz

Retry several times. Got an 502 gateway error, too. Another try was successful.

g3gg0

magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

nikfreak

[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

ArcziPL

M50.110 [main cam] | G7X III [pocket cam] | 70D.112 [gathers dust] | M.202 [gathers dust] | waiting for M5II

Walter Schulz

reddeercity

I see the forum is back up , I can't get access to "www.magiclantern.fm" No matter what browser or OS I was getting a "your connection to this site is not secure"
screen shot from my iPhone

g3gg0

Walter Schulz

No, happened to me yesterday: https connection dead but http working. Then both off. Then back to normal.

Danne

I´m having issues like follows all the time now since two/three days ago. I am working through a proxy right now since I keep getting dabase server erros otherwise. Any ideas?

reddeercity

Danne

My issue above seems related to my cell phone connection. Both on my phone and when I connect to my computer. Anything I can do here?
All works when connected at work.

andy kh

Quote from: Danne on April 22, 2018, 09:19:38 PM
I´m having issues like follows all the time now since two/three days ago. I am working through a proxy right now since I keep getting dabase server erros otherwise. Any ideas?

same problem til yesterday. today its working fine
5D Mark III - 70D

Danne

masc

Since february I don't get any notification from ML forum. Before it was working just fine. My spam folder is empty. Any idea's? Someone else has this problem?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

a1ex

Looking into it. On March 19, I've switched the e-mail provider from Gmail to ProtonMail; maybe it's that.

FWIW, I do receive these notifications (via Gmail).

edit: appears to work now :)

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

a1ex

Notifications for new replies should be working again. Hopefully I didn't break too much stuff when fixing them :D

Danne

Cannot reach inbox/messages from my samsung anymore. Anybody else having issues? From pc works as before.

EDIT: Disregard above. Didn't see the symbol on top. Nice addon.

Kharak

I have iphone and since yesterday the forum is all screwed up. Looks like it is trying to display in desktop mode, but the format doesn't fit.

Did I click something by accident or has something been changed?
once you go raw you never go back

Danne