5D mark iii + 50fps = mixed results

Started by mahmutakay, December 12, 2015, 03:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahmutakay

Not sure if it's my settings, though recently I filmed with the ML hack at 50fps (to convert later for slow motion, which I've done many times before).

The first time, although the DNG resolution came out at 1920 x 648 as it always does for 50fps - RAWMagic Lite kept registering it as 25fps, no matter how many times I tried.

I shot at 50fps once again yesterday and this time it wielded different results. When I dragged the raw into RAWMagic Lite, it registered 50fps - all good. However, after converting to DNGs, they appeared as 24fps in DaVinci Resolve. When I transcoded them to QuickTimes, they came out in slow motion (yes that is what I set out to do, albeit I didn't want them in 24fps).

Anyone know why this has happened?

mahmutakay

Hi Walter. Just read the thread you posted. So RAWMagic have capitalised on your codes and offered no recognition to where they took it from, what a shame.

So what other software you would you recommend I use to transcode the RAW into DNGs (or any other files?). I'm not tech-savy when it comes to codes at all, couldn't work out how to use 'Cr2hdr-r'.

I'm assuming the problems I mentioned in the post are related to RAWMagic then.

DeafEyeJedi

Why couldn't you figure out how to use cr2hdr-r (now known as MLP) and it is by far one of the easiest converter apps out there... Just simply ask one of us for help.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

dfort

Maybe it is your project settings? According to the DaVinci Resolve user manual when you add media you have the option of changing the project settings but once clips have been imported the frame rate cannot be changed again.

I'm not very familiar with DaVinci Resolve but with Adobe Premiere you can "interpret footage" to change the frame rate.

mahmutakay

@DeafEyeJedi - Hey buddy. I couldn't figure it out. I tried to convert my RAW files and I just got 'cube' folders. Could you tell me the process please?

@dfort - I've always used this method and never encountered this problem with DaVinci, though I'll look into that, thanks man.

mahmutakay

So I've just tried it out with MLP and the odd 24fps and 25fps results still came out, despite filming in 50fps (it had nothing to do with MagicRaw).

Has this happened to anyone else?

DeafEyeJedi

PM me your original MLV's if possible and I'll a dive into them to see what's it doing on my end here, if you want?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109