Magic Lantern Raw on Canon 6D stops recording after a few seconds?

Started by razza503, December 08, 2015, 11:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

razza503

I have a Canon 6D, and I installed Magic Lantern on it, with the aim of shooting at 60fps hoping to get better slow mo footage than the 720p without raw. After setting it all up and pressing record, it stopped after 7 seconds, and kept coming up with error messages.

I originally had it installed on a  64gb 45mb/s card and video would last 3 seconds before stopping. I then bought a 64gb 150mb/s card, and it stops after 7 seconds.

What is the problem? Is it the 6d?

razza503

Thanks, but I'm new to this and unsure what i'm looking at. I'm shooting (trying to shoot!) at 50fps and 1728x584.

vertigopix

The max speed of the SD interface is 40 MB/s so you can't go higher even with a fast card.

Take a look at the bottom of the screen when you select resolution in the MLV module, it will tell you wath is possible. (green or yellow text)

razza503

It says 84.1mb/s at 50.000p. What does that mean? That I need a camera that can handle 84mb/s?

Walter Schulz

This number is the storage interface bandwidth needed for this resolution and frame rate. It means you will not get continuous recording.