Canon 5D mark iii / Still photography problem

Started by mahmutakay, October 12, 2015, 01:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahmutakay

Since installing the latest Nightly Magic Lantern build, the stills photography for my 5D mark iii has been having problems.

I have the dial on M, (have tried JPEG and RAW image processing, it's the same results for both) and every time I take a photo - the LCD screen flashes and doesn't allow me to take another photo or adjust settings (shutter, iso etc). Here's a screenshot of the LCD screen below.

Does anyone know why?

Walter Schulz

Delete ML directory and Autoexec.bin. Copy extracted nightly build contents to card. Retry and report back.

mahmutakay

Hey Walter,

I tried your suggestion. It now takes photos one after the after no problem - however I still can't change ISO/shutter/aperture or any other setting after taking the first photo. I can change the settings before taking the photo, however not after - unless I restart the camera.

The LCD screen looks the same as the photo. The exposure info and the 3 rectangles on the right side start flashing after I take the first photo.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Walter Schulz

Reset cam to factory defaults. Don't forget to reset C.Fn settings, too.
Reset ML settings. Shutdown cam and wait about 5 seconds after LED stopped blinking before removing battery.
Insert battery, startup cam, retry and report back. If the problem occurs try using C1-C3 mode.

mahmutakay

Hey Walter.

For setting to factory defaults, so I'll uninstall Magic Lantern? What do you mean by resetting C.Fn settings? Do you mean I should format the compact flash card?

And then install ML back again, shut down camera for 5 seconds after the blinking stops, remove battery.

Insert battery and give you an update. Is that correct?

Walter Schulz

No, do not uninstall ML and do not format card but consult your manual:
1) Getting started -> Before you start -> Reverting the Camera to the Default Settings
13) Customizing the Camera -> [Camera] 4: Clear

mahmutakay

Walter, you really are a hero member! It worked!!

I'm guessing it was the problem with my Camera settings that caused it. Much appreciated man.

Walter Schulz

Good for you!
If you come across the setting causing this glitch: Please report back so devs can take a look at it and - maybe - fix it for other users, too.

mahmutakay