Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.1.3

Started by a1ex, March 10, 2015, 11:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeafEyeJedi

@goldenchild9to5:

Sure, you can by using the Shutter fine-tuning ( in ML menu: Movie > image Fine-tuning > Shutter fine-tuning > I set mine to +0.84 to get close to 1/48 ) and it actually shows 1/48.015 (+46 units).
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

goldenchild9to5

@DeafEyeJedi Thank you  ;D you are the man... been looking for days.  Doing my happy dance right about now Yeah!!!

QuickHitRecord

I'm glad to see that 1.13 is still being supported!

It seemed that the nightly builds lapsed after August 7th of last year, but I see that they are being generated again (though I am not sure when this started, since I stopped looking after a while). Have there been any significant improvements/refinements?
5DmIII | January 27 2017 Nightly Build (Firmware: 1.23) | KomputerBay 256GB CF Cards (1066x & 1200x)

abuethe

I happened to buy a 5D3 wich was (as I figured by now) having ML installed and removed w/o the bootflag being disabled. Now I upgraded to 1.33 and can´t seem to remove the bootflag now. Thus I can´t run an Eyefi Card in my cam :(

Any ideas how I could remove the bootflag?

Thx in advance, Arndt

EDIT: ok, I figured it out by now, you can use EOS Utility to downgrade to 1.23, then use ML to disable the bootflag.

samacochan

I have just bought a new 5D3 with firmware V1.3.3. How do I downgrade to V1.2.3 please. Where can I find the firmware ?

Walter Schulz

Firmware: First page, first post.
Downgrade: EOS Utility. Newest version may not do the job (unconfirmed). In case download EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 29.0A.

wookeydude

IM an idiot! just bought a 5D mark iii and immediately upgraded my firmware to 1.3.3 and now i cant run ML.  downgrading sounds easy but it looks like canon has taken down their earlier firmware versions. does anyone know where I can get 1.2.3???

Walter Schulz

jafa

Have down'd  firmware from 123-113 and have been able to record 2560x1090 at 24p MLV raw+audio for min 14secs to a maximum of 27 secs using card spanning (KMB 64gb 1000x & Lexar sd 32gb 666) and have converted to MOV using latest version mirawviewer  , so far after about 25 test shots I have had no pink frames and only one dropped frame right at the beginning of one of the shots.
Its very hit and miss between record times (14-27secs) no mater what settings are turned on or off , but at the mo 15 secs is almost bankable .

Cheers
Jafa.

RTI

Hi,
I'm not sure if it's related directly to a bug in ML or in a raw video module. After recording some raw video, the camera says "busy". I've searched the topic, there seemed to be at least one person who experienced this issue, though noone answered. I'm running the latest nightly build "magiclantern-Nightly.2015Jun23.5D3113"
Canon 5DIII| Sigma 35/1.4|T 24-70/2.8 VC| Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC USD

Danne

I,m having this issue a lot. I always have to restart the camera(5d mark 3) to get rid of the busy signal. I didn,t take the time to narrow it down but when googling it it could be the sd card, auto-focus, lens related. I,d suggest trying only m-mode with the lens, check without sd card if using one, and report back if that works.

RTI

I've tried different settings and several CF cards, and I can't reproduce the issue it seems...
Canon 5DIII| Sigma 35/1.4|T 24-70/2.8 VC| Tamron 70-200/2.8 VC USD

Danne

You mean there is nu "busy" signal anymore?

a1ex

Sounds like this one: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13706

(I couldn't reproduce it back then, but didn't try too hard)

DeafEyeJedi

I've seen this myself on several occasions and still am trying to narrow down this so called bug as well...

It may have to do with how I use back focus button that I have set in custom controls via Canon's settings.

I just take the battery out and put back in but we shouldn't have to constantly do that... Which build are you guys using?

Danne

I was thinking of the focus button myself. Then it should be af related. Will stay of that button for a while and see if it stops.

Danne

Posted one situation with "busy" state happening today here
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13706.msg150144#msg150144

I suggest starting filming without SRM set to on and see if that will make any difference and take it from there and also start posting findings on when "busy" state occurs in the thread Alex referred to here. http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13706

If any suggestions on what to try more please tell.

DeafEyeJedi

Bringing my 5D3 with me to work to test this bug out. Will confirm this asap, guys!

tpurifoy

Hey guys, I am new to the forum, and new to ML.  My camera was running 1.3.3 firmware, so I downgraded to 1.1.3 so I could install ML.  Everything went fine during the install, but now it seems that the camera will NOT turn on if I have an SD card in the slot?  I have to take the SD card out, remove the battery, and put the CF card back in to get it to turn on.

Is it a matter of ORDER that the cards or read?  Should I have done the install from the SD card rather than the CF card?  Bottom line is that right now I can't use both cards in the camera.

Thanks!

Walter Schulz

Format cards in cardreader, then format cards in cam.
Copy extracted nightly build contents to SD-card and run cam's firmware update.
Report results.

tpurifoy

Ok...I think the issue is the Bootflag thing.  My SD card is bootable, so I think it is doing exactly what the USERGUIDE explains will happen.

Formatting the card on the computer is fine, but putting it in the camera will not allow camera to come on.

I thought maybe I might be able to switch off the bootflag in order to use the card.  Specifically, it is an Eye-Fi card.  If there is an easy way to switch back and forth, I am willing to try it.  But we do have a need to use that card quite frequently.  I found a few discussions about a way to toggle it, but they didn't work for the 5D Mark III.

Walter Schulz

It doesn't matter if card is bootable or not. Problem will occur because cam with bootflag set will read card. 
You can reset cam's bootflag. Just reinstall ML and wait for timeout to set in.

Frank7D

If the card is not bootable, then the cam will not try to boot from it, regardless of bootflag being set.
Problem occurs if all three of these are true:
1 the card is bootable
2 cam's bootflag is set
3 there is no ml on the card

Walter Schulz

That's what I thought, too. But 2) is sufficient to make Eye-Fi cards unusable.
Cam will read card but Eye-Fi's firmware is messed up. It doesn't matter if card is bootable or not.
Older cards may work, though.

Frank7D

Ah, I missed that one; thanks, Walter.
For some reason eye-fi cards are a special case.