550D partialy working, card unreadable

Started by Kardanas, September 23, 2014, 02:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kardanas

Hello dear fellas, I have tried searching but http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=2221.0 none of it working. Couldnt find help.

So here is problem:

After changing sd cards (one with ML, one without) and batteries. My camera became almost brick - PC cannot find it. I can turn it on, it would focus, use flash and see some info in viewfinted. But nothing else. No of the button works in any shooting mode. I have tried with both - regular and ML card.

And here is even bigger problem: inserting ML card in PC - it wont show any signs. And it contains photos from my 10 days for photography dedicated trip in Goergia mauntains!!! I just cannot, cannot loose those photos.. it is just not an option!

Any ideas, info to get me out of this problem will be thankfull for life. It sounds desparate but If someone could help me get out of this situation I promise to contribute via PayPal for you time helping me!

walter_schulz

Visit the card manufacturer's site to look for a recovery tool and let it run. Repost if you don't find a solution and your files.

Kardanas

Downloaded kingston mediaRCOVERY tool but no use from it, because windows cannot see card.
When I insert into card reader I hear that "bad-dum" sound, so I think that means card is alive. But I cannot see it even in Disk managment.

Still open for any suggestions..

Edit: somehow battery/sd card changing with usb plugging/unpluging and turning on/off camera made my camera work again with regular SD card. But the one with ML bricked it again. Somehow reapeating similar dance again fixed camera again. So now I have working camera and ruined card. Any ideas? ABout card?

2nd Edit: After ****loads  of time spent found out it has nothing to do with ML - changing battery with camera turned on fried my SD card. Card unreadable, even experts couldnt restore data. Life gave me lemons...