Canon 550D with ML , won't turn on!!! HELP!!

Started by nikhild1980, September 13, 2014, 05:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikhild1980

I have had ML on my canon 550d for about 4 months now, but I had not used all the features till now.

Today I set my camera to do a Time Lapse shoot, and used the intervalometer. The camera took some 47 shots and then just stopped.
Initially I thought my battery had died. So i fully recharged my battery and tried to start the camera, but its just not coming on. No sounds, no lights, no display...NOTHING !!

Please tell me there is a way to get it working again!!

HELP !
Modify message

dmilligan

DO NOT DOUBLE POST!!!! It will not get you're problem answered any sooner, it will just make the people who could help you angry.

nikhild1980

sorry i thought i posted in the wrong section the first time! apologies!

dmilligan

nikhild1980

Thanks!

But I really can't figure out how the diagnostic tool works. As in is there a tutorial anywhere where it explains how to go about it step by step ?

dmilligan

So, none of the stuff from the first link worked?
You tried removing/reinserting a fully charged battery and starting the camera with no card in at all?
Do you see any LED blinks when you open and close the card/battery door, or try to turn the camera on?
Have you tried a new battery? (your battery could be completely dead)

To use the diagnostic tools, you simply download the linked "autoexec.bin" file and place it on your card that had ML on it (overwriting the existing autoexec.bin).

If there is still no signs of life at all, I suspect you have a hardware issue/failure. Check the battery contacts and pins for damage.

nikhild1980

it was a hardware issue, finally had to give it to canon, and it seems there was some liquid damage!

thanks for your help.