Canada Day fireworks, Time Lapse 1080p

Started by kevinottawa, July 03, 2012, 04:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinottawa

Canada Day fireworks. Using 5fps 360 shutter thanks for Magic Lantern

The focus is a bit soft due to the old m42 lens I was using, but it's the only 1.8 I have right now.

kevinottawa

Sorry, there is no sound, just compressed it a little and didn't take the time to find an music for it.

bart

It's a nice example. And it is pretty soft. In my experience the crop zoom requires a very sharp lens. I use crop zoom with macro lens only. Besides that softness comes from the video mode. If you do this with photo timelapse and resize it properly you get better quality and resolution.

Legushka

kevinottawa, share what settings you used in the camera, the video or photo taymlaps (followed by gluing pictures)?

sorry for the fractured English.
thank you
Canon eos 60d, firmware 1.1.1/sigma 10-20 + ML v2.3.RC2 + Nodal Ninja NN4

kevinottawa

Quote from: Legushka on July 04, 2012, 09:05:58 AM
kevinottawa, share what settings you used in the camera, the video or photo taymlaps (followed by gluing pictures)?

sorry for the fractured English.
thank you

I used the video mode. Magic lantern FPS Override at 5fps.. shutter set to 360 degrees
1.8 55mm lens open all the way, I forget the iso, I think it was 800 or 1600.... Didn't want or need to go too high... as is, I think I may be a tad too bright.

Compressed the video down for vimeo upload, 24.0 fps playback speed.

kevinottawa

Quote from: b4rt on July 03, 2012, 11:10:39 PM
It's a nice example. And it is pretty soft. In my experience the crop zoom requires a very sharp lens. I use crop zoom with macro lens only. Besides that softness comes from the video mode. If you do this with photo timelapse and resize it properly you get better quality and resolution.

I'm more a video guy than stills guy. This is was first time with a time lapse with a weird frame rate (ie not recorded at 30fps and just played back faster)  Didn't want to risk flickering and messing around too much with stills... plus I have a fear of killing my camera sooner by using it for time lapse.

Legushka

Quote from: kevinottawa on July 04, 2012, 09:32:46 AM
I used the video mode. Magic lantern FPS Override at 5fps.. shutter set to 360 degrees
1.8 55mm lens open all the way, I forget the iso, I think it was 800 or 1600.... Didn't want or need to go too high... as is, I think I may be a tad too bright.

Compressed the video down for vimeo upload, 24.0 fps playback speed.
You have very nice work)
Thank you very much for the information.
Canon eos 60d, firmware 1.1.1/sigma 10-20 + ML v2.3.RC2 + Nodal Ninja NN4

Mirazimov

Mirazimov Photographer http://www.mirazimov.com
Canon RebelT2i, Canon 6D and a lot of optics.