Will discrete mono for external audio input in both channels (L/R) be possible?

Started by donse, March 31, 2014, 04:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donse

I've searched the forum for posts regarding the posibility of descrete mono input for external audio in both channels (L/R). Sorry for any inconvenience caused if this is already covered, but i have not been able to come across any discussion regarding this?

With my 5DmkII and v.2.3 i'm able to have one channel of discrete mono-in. But at the same time i have to accept the internal mic as input-source on the remaing mono-input channel.

I can avoid the internal mic by choosing external stereo audio input - but then it is not w. discrete input (i.e. the stero channels are not fully separated in discrete L/R - instead both channels are then present in either channel L/R).

It would be great with discrete external mon input in both channels; then i could have i.e. a microport in Left and a (camera mounted) shotgun on Right channel?

Thx for the great work with Magic Lantern :)

Frank7D

Quote from: donse on March 31, 2014, 04:50:16 PM
I can avoid the internal mic by choosing external stereo audio input - but then it is not w. discrete input (i.e. the stero channels are not fully separated in discrete L/R - instead both channels are then present in either channel L/R).

External stereo seems as though it should be discrete L/R channels; otherwise it's not stereo, right?

chmee

do you want separated wav-files or what? reality is, you've got two asymmetrical mono inputs via this 3.5mm jack. you can use them as you want.
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

kitor

At least in my 550d when stereo is set, I got the same sound but 10db more silent on other channel. Seems that they are not separated properly.
But I use this to recover sound in case of overdrive.
Too many Canon cameras.
If you have a dead R, RP, 250D mainboard (e.g. after camera repair) and want to donate for experiments, I'll cover shipping costs.