[WINDOWS] simple right clic menu mlv dump batch

Started by piloui, February 17, 2014, 12:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

I see what I can do about darkframe automation. With imagemagick(convert) it should be possible to fully automate the processing as in cr2hdr.app only I suck at dos scripting so I will start off rather simple.
There is tc in the dng file. Starts at 00.00.00.00.
Cool that it works in resolve. Metadata in wav file exists thanks to bouncyball.

Danne

New version
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/batch_mlv/downloads/batch_mlv.zip

- Darkframe automation added
- Minor fixes

Fiddled around with commands and glued together a darkframe automation workflow in batch_mlv.cmd
code
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/batch_mlv/src/a051f82a362599e5519d13457e9ab7249997e64b/batch_mlv.cmd?at=batch_mlv_darkframes&fileviewer=file-view-default

Howto
As Before it´s all a matter of double clicking the batch_mlv.cmd file. If you leave darkframes folder empty or erase it batch_mlv.cmd will work just as before and simply process MLV footage into folders with dng files.
If you want to start working with darkframes it works as follows:
1 - Record darkframe sequences(about 1-5 second clips with your lens cap on) and put them all inside your darkframes folder

2 - Include MLV footage recorded outside the darkframes folder

3 - Double click batch_mlv.cmd and the script will first average your darkframe files then check for matching features between footage in darkframes folder and your regular MLV footage. If matching it will apply darkframe subtraction or else process your files as usual. In the process your darkframes will be renamed and prefixed with avg_

The philosophy around this is to build upon your darkframes folder to create a full storage with averaged darkframe files for your camera. You can at any time add new MLV darkframes as it will average and rename your darkframes with the prefix avg_ and use them whenever there is a match.

Kharak

Cant wait to try this out!

Thank you, Danne!
once you go raw you never go back

pc_bel

Hi Danne,
I'm using your batch file following your instructions. I add the mlv file in the same directory where the batch file is and then double clicking in it. It creates two new folders, one named ORIGINALS where I can find the original mlv file and another with a long name where dng's is supposed to be, but this folder is empty. I can't convert to dng's.
I'm using the last 4k crop rec (jun19) for 5Dmk3 1.1.3 and the file is recorded in 1920x960 50p 3x3.
Thanks.

Danne

Hi pc_bel. Let's see if we can narrow down the issue.
You also have the bin folder in there? That is where mlv_dump lies. If so I would like to know what the command prompt is saying. Do following.
1 - open up batch_mlv.cmd file by right clicking it and select edit.
2 - at the bottom of the script write the word pause. This will make the command prompt hang. Copy the output and paste it here.

Oh yea. Don't forget to double click with the troubling file inside :).

You can also test to enable the --relaxed setting inside the script. Write --relaxed right after the word --dng.

*UPDATE

Added --relaxed mode as default in the script for footage that otherwise might not be working with mlv_dump.

pc_bel

Thnks for your interest Danne,

The out put:
MLV Dumper
-----------------

Mode of operation:
   - Input MLV file: 'M25-2023.MLV'
   - Decompressing before writing DNG
   - Enforcing 14bpp for DNG output
   - Convert to DNG frames
   - Output into 'M25-2023_1_2017-06-25_0001_C0000\M25-2023_1_2017-06-25_0001_C0000_'
File M25-2023.MLV opened
File M25-2023.M00 not existing.
Processing...
[ERROR]     LJ92: Failed (-1)
Processed 0 video frames at 50.00 FPS (0.00 s)
Done

Finally I have been able to convert the mlv to dng with a older version of mlv_dump and the first frame is corrupted. Maybe this is the problem...

Danne

Can you download batch_mlv again. I added the setting --relaxed. Should fix your issue.

From answer above

*UPDATE

Added --relaxed mode as default in the script for footage that otherwise might not be working with mlv_dump.

pc_bel

Danne

No problem. And thank g3gg0 Who implemented the --relaxed  8) mode :)

Danne

New version of batch_mlv

Code
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/batch_mlv/src/3f76a61ebf930872906b517dba36698d207cb7f2/batch_mlv.cmd?at=batch_mlv_menu_selector&fileviewer=file-view-default

This thing kind of took off and I spent a few hours building a menu selection script to be used with mlv_dump. It´s rudimentary but also fast and flexible. You don´t wanna miss out on -c compression or being able to set bits or chroma smooth if that´s needed. Usage is easy. As before, double click the batch_mlv.cmd file and out pops the menu. If you see something you like add it. If you want to undo just reselect the parameter in question. Or select (E) to erase all parameters. When done or if you want to skip changing of parameters simply select (R) to start processing.

Hit (R) when ready to roll.

I started out with a ml-dng mlv_dump version I use in cr2hdr.app but then I thought of why not use mlv_dump for steroids by Bouncyball so here we go. The best from a1ex, g3gg0, dmilligan, put together by  Bouncyball presented in this little dos script.
Since I don´t work on a windows machine myself it would be nice to hear about what works or not.

Menu

Kharak

Been awhile.

I can not get the Automation to work, I added Vanilla MLV's and Compressed MLV's to the Darkframes folder, but neither of them work for me. When I use the versions that are supposed to do DarkFrame Automation, they make the new avg_... Darkframes but after that it just outputs empty folders.

This is with the Version before Menu and with Menu.

Maybe you need more information on what exactly I am doing, so far I have not tested extensively what might be wrong. I also had this random issue where if .MRX files were in the same folder as the MLV's, then MLV_dump/batch script would crash completely. Removed the MRX files and it worked again, tried to replicate and could not ??

With the Menu version, sometimes, it seems MLV_dump either "sees" the same file it is converting "again" or it does duplicate it, cause in the CMD window I get a few reports here and there "duplicate file found etc.." think it says something about moving the file or something, not a big deal, it goes on, but it does seems to freeze up for quite awhile while this is going on, so long I almost quit it yesterday but it just started before I hit X.

Please let me know if I can do more testing and stuff, got a bit more time for this stuff again now.

Danne

Add only darkframes into darkframes folder. The other footage outside the darkframes folder.
Not certain darkframe averaging works with compressed footage. If not you need to decompress footage first.
Darkframes folder works with latest version.
mrx files. Sure it wasn't idx files?

About the hanging issue. Try running the latest version and see if the problem goes away.

Kharak

Ah yes, probably was idx files.

Can i batch decompress with your latest version. There is a 'compress' field if memory serves me right, the 2nd or 3rd option in the menu, i beleive it was.I am not at home at the moment, so running from memory, could that do the trick for me?

Danne

Only compressing atm. It needs some some roundtripping here. Creating a new mlv file and so on. Can you try with compressed first. Maybe it works :)

Kharak

Might be that I had the wrong frame size of the Darkframes, I have Darkframe MLV's for 3x3 1080p, 1280p, 800p(60p). Think I mixed up the size.

I'll let you know when I've tried with decompressed,uncompressed and compressed etc..

Danne

canneloni

When i process 10Bit MLV files from my 100D i get wrong blacklevels on the output DNG files. If i use dark frames, the blacklevel is correct, but there are other artifacts and stripes present. Is there any way to avoid this? I tried both the provided mlv_dump and mlv_dump on steroids.

Should i upload my MLV file and/or the DNGs ?

Edit: I use the January 100D experimental build from nikfreak
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

Danne

Did you try setting levels through the menu?
Always good with uploaded files so upload if you can.

DeafEyeJedi

Any particular reason why you are using the Jan build instead of the latest from experimental page for the 100D @canneloni?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

canneloni

@Danne: I tried to set blacklevel to 2048 trough the menu but it did not help. Honestly i'm not sure wich levels are correct for the 100D in 10 Bit. I'll upload my file later.

@DeadEyeJedi: As far as i've read, the latest build from the experimantal page has problems with live view freezing due to CONFIG_EDMAC_RAW_SLURP not beeing configured right? Didn't try it yet though.
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

reddeercity

@ cannelloni  have you tried MLVProducer yet ?
black level @ 10bit should be around 111 at least on my 5D2 & 12bit is 448 for black level --2048 is for 5d3 @ 14bit
mlvproducer can adjust black levels on the fly export cdng's , ffmpeg prores in fact you can process raw just like A.E. ACR
only thing that's no supported is Compressed Raw from the 5D3 --all other bit rates & cams are supported ,  look at the left hand side of the image below
for black level info .

Old-ML-Core10bit_black level 111
by RedDeerCityTV, on Flickr

Danne

@canneloni
If you can upload the file it would help, or even just dng file. If the file is corrupt we will probably find out looking at the dng.

canneloni

@reddeercity: Yes I tried MLVProducer but i alway get some greent lines at the bottom of the image. Also most of the time the exposure is way down, i'm not sure why. But I will give it another try and reply in the right thread when i have further qustions, thank you ! :)

@Danne: I uploaded the MLV File and here the outcome DNG

Danne

The file seems corrupt. I´d say it´s something with recording (mlv_rec, or elsewhere) in camera that needs checking. Is it happening to all 10bit files? Is 12bit 14bit working?
I think @Nikfreak should take a look.

canneloni

It happened to all 10Bit files i recorded so far, as long as i don't use darkframe substruction. 12 and 14 Bit work perfectly with and without darkframes.