Canon 1100D / T3

Started by a1ex, June 14, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrax

Quote from: ubbut on November 22, 2012, 11:47:02 AM
Next thing I will do is to set up a proper test pattern which covers all the eventualities, test AA on icons and waveform, vectorscope and histogram.
Until then you can switch AA on and off using the 'Audio Meters' on/off selector. (just in case you havn't seen it...)
From the code i supposed that but I see no differences, will check it again later.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

snakesanti

Hi!
I see that forum is freezing...is the project being considered ended?
Will you still work on 1100D and may we hope you could guive us puntual medition or something else?
Anyway, thank all of you for your work and time. People like you make the internet greater!

a1ex

It's cold outside, so... yes, it's freezing.

Please remember that developers do this in their spare time.

snakesanti

::) Yes it's cold outside!
And of course, I know they do that big big job FREE and in their free time...just asked...

nanomad

Since the 1100D is MY camera (as opposed to the 650D lent me by the team) I'll keep providing updates and fixes (although most of them come from the main ML tree since the 1100D is now officially supported)

I'm also looking for co-developers on this camera, so feel free to step in ;)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

feureau

Quote from: nanomad on December 02, 2012, 11:04:45 PM

I'm also looking for co-developers on this camera, so feel free to step in ;)

Out of curiosity: What sort of skills/qualifications does one need to develop for ML?

nanomad

Well, if you're interested in developing new features, I'd say at least knowledge of ARM assembly, C and some free time to invest in the project.

If you simply want to iron out bugs and such, C is usually enough
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

gettyfv

Hi,

Good day... I'm interested installing ML in my 1100d.

Can you assist me on this matter...

Thank you

Getty

nanomad

Download the latest nightly build and follow the installed instructions contained in the latest ML 2.3 release.

ans86

Hello!
I wrote times ago about the AF light as Nikon.
Have you got news about it?
Can I help you to add this feature?

Thans a lot! :)

nanomad

I did look into it but it looks like we can't control the AF light with ML

ans86

ColdFlo

Hello,  this probably has been asked before(to death).  But, is it possible to unlock other video modes in the 1100d from my cursory hardware knowledge it seems very possible.  Can you tell me how its not? or has there been any thoughts work in this direction?  If its standard I apologize.  I don't yet have the camera fedex has it. Thank you for porting this by the way......

nanomad

It may be possible in the future, but it requires a bigger reverse engineering effort (I'll go back to it after I make the 650D port stable)

snakesanti

Nanomad, I dind't want to look like anxious...just tought the project were past for you (I see you seem to be working on 650D).
I dont have idea about programming, if I could...surely will be helping...Anyway, you have done a great job at the moment, you surely have lost a lot of slleping hours programming and testing the soft into my camera, so THANK YOU VERY MUCH. My english is not very good, and dont know how to explain I thanks the job, and didnt want to push...only asking...

CheddarSombrero

The READ ME and INSTALL .pdf's aren't opening for me.. Adobe Reader XI says it may be damaged.. I've downloaded it multiple times and its just not working for me. Does anyone wanna send me those .pdfs? I'd be very thankful

nanomad

Download MagicLantern 2.3, the documentation is the same  ;)

CheddarSombrero

CheddarSombrero

I have another question.. In live view on film mode, the ISO keeps adjusting itself. Is there a way I can force an ISO setting? (100-1600)

Francis

I believe that you must enable Exp. Override and set the ISO, shutter, and aperture through the ML Expo menu.

CheddarSombrero

Ok thanks, I'll try that!

yanmurmel

Well well, the build of December 10 give me a error. When I start to record a movie, bingo. It crashed. Here we go the crash report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2cscunx1axw3pst/CRASH01.LOG. Sorry of poor english!

yanmurmel

Quote from: yanmurmel on December 11, 2012, 03:08:33 AM
Well well, the build of December 10 give me a error. When I start to record a movie, bingo. It crashed. Here we go the crash report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2cscunx1axw3pst/CRASH01.LOG. Sorry of poor english!

And the cause of this is the Manual Expo, the Exp Override option. Is this an knowed issue?

a1ex

I've got a similar report (same message) from a 60D, with 2.3 stable.

Can you reproduce it somehow? if yes, post your config file.

yanmurmel

Quote from: a1ex on December 11, 2012, 10:03:58 AM
I've got a similar report (same message) from a 60D, with 2.3 stable.

Can you reproduce it somehow? if yes, post your config file.

I managed to enable the manual exposure setting configuration of Override Exp in Auto (ON). It worked for me, I can change all exposure settings, such as white balance, iso, aperture and shutter. I don't know what that means Auto, since it works just like the option ON.