[SOLVED] Display Mask while shooting in RAW

Started by Aarkon, January 10, 2014, 05:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aarkon

Hey guys!

My first post here! \o/ And sorry if this has been asked before, I used both the forum search and google thoroughly, I still might have not used the right keywords. If this is the case, I am happy with a closed thread and a link to the first thread with the question. ;)

I got a fast SDHC card recently to shoot in RAW with my 550D and a quite new Nightly Build, which works quite well so far if I reduce the resolution. My problem is that the display gets cropped around the center and the part where I usually have the histogram displayed is blackened out. The (in RAW mode useless) audio meter at the top still works, so I guess it's not a matter of computing speed, but of the crop overlay.

Has anyone experienced something similar and got around it? I went through all the menues countless times now and I can't find a corresponding option. I would be happy to find an option for maybe transparency of the crop overlay, or even better to bring the histogram back on top of it.

Or maybe this is solved in a later Nightly Build?

Thanks in advance.

ozcancelik

+1

I can record 1080, so it's not problem for me but my friend has a slower card and he asked me that problem.  Is it possible to see 720(or any size smaller than 1080) stretch to full LiveView while recording?

Thank you.

1%

hmm.. on 550D you can shoot any decent size with GD on?

QuoteThe (in RAW mode useless) audio meter at the top still works, so I guess it's not a matter of computing speed, but of the crop overlay.

Not so much anymore on some cams.

ML preview mode should show you your whole image area but its CPU intensive. On my raw_rec I can do full time color preview even. If your camera doesn't support display filters though, you are out of luck.

dmilligan

Quote from: Aarkon on January 10, 2014, 05:56:37 PM
My problem is that the display gets cropped around the center and the part where I usually have the histogram displayed is blackened out.

ML Menu -> Overlay -> Histogram -> Use RAW histogram -> change it from "Simplified HistoBar" to "On"

Quote from: ozcancelik on January 15, 2014, 10:13:03 PM
Is it possible to see 720(or any size smaller than 1080) stretch to full LiveView while recording?

No. Or don't you think they would have already done it?

Aarkon

Quote from: dmilligan on January 15, 2014, 11:00:33 PM
ML Menu -> Overlay -> Histogram -> Use RAW histogram -> change it from "Simplified HistoBar" to "On"

That was just what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

Decent resolution? Well, kind of: 1280*544, but after some time I get dropped frames. Haven't done enough testing though to see if it is significant. 10 dropped frames don't do much in my opinion on a 15 second (?) clip.