Canon 7D Mark I

Started by Pelican, December 20, 2013, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danialdaneshmand

N/A

Has anyone ever used Digital Dolly successfully on 7d? When I have it enabled under MLV menu, it doesn't move at all in 5x view, and when it isn't enabled moving the joystick while recording crashes the camera and I get the following log-

ASSERT: !IS_ERROR( TryPostEvent( this->hTaskClass, this, EV_VD_INTR_LV, NULL, 0 ) )
at LVState.c:485, task ?
lv:1 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2015Jan29.7D203
Mercurial changeset   : 703ee626326d (unified) tip
Built on 2015-01-28 23:30:43 UTC by [email protected].
Free Memory  : 263K + 2568K
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

vettechjamie

want to know the dangers of using ML on my 7d?  has anyone had problems or bricked their camera?

Walter Schulz

See FAQ and disclaimer found in download page.

N/A

Quote from: N/A on January 29, 2015, 10:04:12 PM
Has anyone ever used Digital Dolly successfully on 7d? When I have it enabled under MLV menu, it doesn't move at all in 5x view, and when it isn't enabled moving the joystick while recording crashes the camera and I get the following log-

ASSERT: !IS_ERROR( TryPostEvent( this->hTaskClass, this, EV_VD_INTR_LV, NULL, 0 ) )
at LVState.c:485, task ?
lv:1 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2015Jan29.7D203
Mercurial changeset   : 703ee626326d (unified) tip
Built on 2015-01-28 23:30:43 UTC by [email protected].
Free Memory  : 263K + 2568K

Anybody want to double-check this for me so we can know it is an issue and not just my camera? If it is an issue I'll submit it to the bugs page.

Walter Schulz

Confirmed.

Tried with 2014Apr29, too. Dolly didn't work either but it won't crash when Digital Dolly is disabled and joystick is used.

EDIT: Last one not crashing in crop mode with Digital dolly = OFF and joystick used is Build #147 (21.06.2014 17:03:04).

Quote20.  5D3/5D2/50D/7D: refactored joystick menu navigation with GUI timers (and enabled it on 7D) (detail / bitbucket)
in #148 but IANAD

N/A

Ok, submitting bug data now

pkrskr

Hi!

I'm new to Magic Lantern and I'm most likely posting on the wrong thread. Please guide me to the correct one if so.

My question is about whether the Canon 7D Mark II camera is supported, or is it only for the 2009 basic Canon 7D that is being discussed here?

Thanks.

walter_schulz

7D as in "7D". 7D Mark II not supported at time of writing.

pSicadeLium

Had the same problem with the Digital Dolly and I (and another user) wrote here in August '14, nobody has replyed  :o
I'm happy that now someone else have also saw this bug.

jrlopes

So, I seem to have made a dumb mistake. I got asked to do some realestate video, and figured the HDR video function on Magic Lantern would be a great way to go about doing this. So I went out and bought a 7D.

Now it seems this is not possible with the current firmware. Woops. Does anybody know if this function will be added? Or should I just go ahead and try to trade it for a 60D. (7D vs 60D, what else should I know?)

Thanks!

Walter Schulz

Feature matrix

A detail not visible in that list: 50D and 7D are - at time of writing - not able to do Dual-ISO in video mode.

N/A

For the record, HDR video and Dual Iso video are two different features, HDR video uses 60p h264 video at alternating iso's. But neither are available for 7d.

Walter Schulz

Not sure if this one is reproduceable out there.

magiclantern-Nightly.2015Jan29.7D203
MLV_REC.mo is the only module loaded.
MLV 1920x960 and FPS override set to 24. (Actual 24.028)

Tried 2 runs and recording stopped after 9:17 both times.

Recorded <filename>.MLV - <filename>.M08 (10 files each set) with 39.9 MByte.

First set size:    42,888,790,016 Bytes
Second set size 42,862,936,064 Bytes

Stopped with message "Failed to open file. Card full?"
Will not shut down. Had to remove battery and modules won't load because of shutdown problem.
Card: Komputerbay 1066x 128 GByte

EDIT: Checked RAW_REC.mo and had no problem to fill the card.

Somebody out there having similiar issues? What is going on here?

dlrpgmsvc

How did you manage to load ml on a 128gb card with 7d? However kb cards are known to be slow and or defective in sone parts. A full scan of the card with verificatoon tools is recommended
If you think it's impossible, you have lost beforehand

Walter Schulz

Quote from: dlrpgmsvc on February 19, 2015, 08:39:45 PM
How did you manage to load ml on a 128gb card with 7d?

Why should there be a problem? This is not "stable" and nightly works just fine with bigger cards.

Quote from: dlrpgmsvc on February 19, 2015, 08:39:45 PMHowever kb cards are known to be slow and or defective in sone parts. A full scan of the card with verificatoon tools is recommended

The card is just fine. Tested with h2testw.

EDIT:
To all with a card 64 GByte (or bigger) and fast enough to write at least 30 MByte/s. Please select resolution and frame rate to adjust data rate above 25 MByte/s (or higher the better). If your MLV recording stops and message "Failed to open file. Card full?" is shown check file set size. Is it just 39.9 Gbyte?
And if recording doesn't stop before card is full: Please report back, too!

DeafEyeJedi

Did you set your card to eXFAT?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Walter Schulz

I would love to do but 7D doesn't support ExFAT.

Walter Schulz

Yes, that's it. This one surely flew under my radar.
Thanks!

Frank7D

I don't suppose you could make that change?

Walter Schulz

Audionut

Well the change itself is very easy.

But an more appropriate fix would be one where MAX_PRECREATE_FILES is defined based on card size.  This fix could then be included in the nightlies, rather then just defining some large number that is only appropriate for large card sizes.

I'm not sure how ML determines card size (if it even does), and I don't currently have the time for research.

arrinkiiii

It would be neet to have this solution   :o

Frank7D

"rather then just defining some large number that is only appropriate for large card sizes."

I think the large number is actually appropriate for all card sizes. At least, it won't do any harm to someone using a smaller card. Those files take up virtually no space until they are filled.