Canon 7D Mark I

Started by Pelican, December 20, 2013, 02:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ted ramasola

vyskocil, any update regarding your pull request and FPS override implementation?
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

vyskocil

Yes I updated the code yesterday and asked for a review. I hope it'll be ok this time. O

ted ramasola

Quote from: vyskocil on June 06, 2014, 09:51:36 PM
Yes I updated the code yesterday and asked for a review. I hope it'll be ok this time. O

That is good to know. Thank you for your contribution!
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

DrAlzheimer

Hi, I upgraded to the latest 7d nightly (Nightly.2014Jun09.7D203). When running burn in test, I got the following errors:

ASSERT: IsSuiteSignature( hSuite )
at PackMemory\PackMem.c:976, task run_test
lv:1 mode:2

ASSERT: IsChunkSignature( hPos )
at PackMemory\PackMem.c:1001, task run_test
lv:0 mode:2

Any need to worry about that? I don't want to brick my Cam. :)

a1ex

What burn-in test did you run, and starting from what mode (on the mode dial)?

Danialdaneshmand

Hello

Well i'm finally on my way to get a second hand 7D and the guy i'm getting it from is another city which i'm traveling into 2 days from now
and i'll stay there for 2 days which means i don't really have much time.

I have two questions:

-Beside general tips for buying second hand camera body is there anything that i should be concerned about ML working properly?
like the firmware version? i heard it's not possible to downgrade.

-When i got the camera what do you guys suggest i install to get good amount of features while preventing the camera from having problems (Nightly builds , the one in website , etc)
other than a nature problem of 7d working with ML like a problem that only 7D has with it , is there?

If someone has more information i would really appreciate it.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Danialdaneshmand on June 09, 2014, 01:24:25 PMi heard it's not possible to downgrade.
Nope, downgrade is possible

Quote from: Danialdaneshmand on June 09, 2014, 01:24:25 PM-When i got the camera what do you guys suggest i install to get good amount of features while preventing the camera from having problems (Nightly builds , the one in website , etc)
other than a nature problem of 7d working with ML like a problem that only 7D has with it , is there?

Either you want to use ML (for whatever reason) or you dont want to use ML. If you run into bugs: Please fill out a bug report. The only way to get better code is to try and test the one at hand.

Ciao
Walter

eskapeproduction

Really tempted to try ML but cannot afford to brick my camera until they release the successor.
It seems like the build has come really far, how often do people report permanent damage to the cam?

Pelican

Quote from: eskapeproduction on June 11, 2014, 04:08:28 AM
Really tempted to try ML but cannot afford to brick my camera until they release the successor.
Bad for you. We all are millionaires and brick a 7D on every other day.
EOS 7D Mark II, EOS 7D, EOS 5, EOS 100 + lenses (10mm to 300mm), 600EX, 550EX, YN600EX x 3
EOScard, EOS DSLR firmwares, ARMu, NiControl, etc.: http://pel.hu/down

plocploc

Hello

I'm new here but hope this is the good place to ask.

I wanted to try ML with my 7D so I've dowloaded the lastest version of the nightybuild. But I can't copy the ML files into my CF card. Each time i'm trying to do this, it's a crash : "The Finder can't complete the operation because some data can't be read or written.(Error code -36)"

I'm quite sure to follow the installation guide

The firmware of my 7D is 2,0,5 (and not 2,0,3)... does that matter ?

Thanks for your help

Walter Schulz

You have to downgrade cam firmware to 2.0.3.
Every ML version dedicated to a cam (aka: not unified) has a suffix showing the cam's proper firmware version.

If you google for
finder error 36
you will find the solution to your cf-card problem.
It's quite a common one ...

plocploc

Thanks Walter

I'll downgrade the firmware... as soon as I fix the error36
It's a common one, sure of that, but the usual solution (terminal > "dot_clean ") is not working
Still searching

primeone

Regarding buying a 7D (and assuming you haven't bought it yet), here's an excellent article about buying 2nd hand:
http://www.dpreview.com/articles/4701677448/how-to-inspect-a-used-canon-eos-7d

He even specifies which firmware versions you're looking for.

There in nothing specific you need to look for regarding Magic Lantern. If the 7D passes all your other tests then it will be ok for Magic Lantern (you might need to fiddle with the firmware, but that's all).

Enjoy!
Robert

7Dphotos

What would it take to get ML working with 2.0.5?

plocploc

I already have a 7D
I've downgraded the firmware to 2.0.3
But I can't copy ML files into my CF Card... Error -36... I've tried many ways (dot_clean etc...) but still doesn't work
So I'm stuck...
Thanks for helping

Walter Schulz

You were able to copy the firmware file to your CF card but unable to copy ML contents?

plocploc

No, I couldn't copy the firmwarre.
I changed it with Eos Utility...
Weird...

Walter Schulz

Suggestion: Try a different cardreader or update your cardreader firmware. Solved error -36 for some people.

plocploc

Thank you.
I'm afraid there's no driver for that reader...
I'll try an other one...
that's a little boring...

Walter Schulz

I'm not talking about a driver. I'm talking about uploading the newest firmware to your cardreader. Yes, a cardreader has something like that. Don't know if there is an update for your cardreader, though.

plocploc

I didn't know about firmware... Can't find that for my card reader...
Thanks

a1ex

Quote from: ted ramasola on June 06, 2014, 09:46:07 PM
vyskocil, any update regarding your pull request and FPS override implementation?

Quote from: vyskocil on June 06, 2014, 09:51:36 PM
Yes I updated the code yesterday and asked for a review. I hope it'll be ok this time.

Sort of. I had to do some significant cleanup (that's why it took a bit longer), but now it passes my sanity tests (there was a memory leak) and it also passes the menu usability guidelines.

You may try it in the current nightly.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: a1ex on June 16, 2014, 10:14:20 AMbut now it passes my sanity tests

FPS is coming home, FPS is coming home ...

jayzed

Thanks so much everyone. FPS override, will test as soon as it's up.

arrinkiiii

Thanks A1ex and Vyskocil  8)