What features work in still photo?

Started by wildbill001, January 03, 2014, 06:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildbill001

Just got a T3i/600D so I'm a total noob when it comes to DSLR (however, I shot A LOT of film back in the '80s) as well as ML.

My plan is to start out doing stills until I get the hang of the system and then move into video.  I've got several M42 lens (with appropriate adapters) that I'm working with and this Focus Peak feature looks like it would be a god-send to my aging eyes.

So, does Focus Peaks work in still mode or is it for video only?  Do all the features work in still mode?  If not, is there a table or chart that lists what does or does not? 

TIA

Bill W

Walter Schulz

http://www.magiclantern.fm/ -> Photo -> Live View Overlays

Some restrictions with manual lenses in some modes (No focus stacking, ...).

wildbill001

Reading between the lines it seems that you are saying that I WILL run into some issues with manual lenses and some of the functions.  Is that a correct statement?  If so, I am aware of that.  I just didn't want to be banging my head on the desk trying to get something to work that was never going to work in still photography.

Looking like I may need to start my own documentation effort....

Bill W

Walter Schulz

Quote from: wildbill001 on January 03, 2014, 09:15:16 PM
Reading between the lines it seems that you are saying that I WILL run into some issues with manual lenses and some of the functions.  Is that a correct statement?

No, I thought I was quite open about issues with manual lenses. No reading between the lines needed.

Ciao
Walter