600d Not allowing Resolution change...

Started by Rshred, January 04, 2014, 11:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rshred

I have the nightly build magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Dec26.600D102 installed on my camera. It worked fine for a while but now I can't change the resolution settings either in ML or in the custom canon menu... :'(

I have tried changing the firmware to the stable v2.3 build, a tragic lantern build and uninstalling the firmware, but the resolution setting stays showing the fine symbol and nothing else in terms of resolution settings. If I try to access the 'quality' tab through the canon menu it says quality at the top, then a pink box with '[     ]' then an orange box underneath that... there are no options at all...

I think about a week ago I set the resolution in the ML menu to sRaw if that means anything...

I tried changing the settings through live view. In live view I can see the different settings, large, raw, etc... but it won't let me select any of them.

Please If anyone has any ideas, it would be great. I am kinda freaking out... :'(

Thanks for the help,
Rob

1%

Load the previous version and change away from SRAW through ML. You can't get out of with via canon.

Rshred

I loaded the newMem version of tragic lantern, changed the resolution in the ML menu to Largefine and now the resolution is changing in Movie mode =) I will manual mode now...

Now it works...

Thanks 1%! You saved me from a big head-ache...

Thank you again, =)
Robby

1%

Yep, and once you get it out of sraw you can load whatever ML/TL/nothing you want

Rshred

Just another question, does sRaw do anything for raw video/ mlv anymore?
Now I'm afraid of using it... ;D

1%

Sraw makes kinda wonky sraw files on the 600D and gives you a bunch more free memory since some photo related things get shut off. You're afraid of it because canon 1/2 assed the implementation and so they left it out of the UI, etc.