500d strange startup problems

Started by Kinay, December 29, 2013, 07:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kinay

Hi everyone,

I've got a problem with my 500d + ML, didn't find anything similar in other threads of FAQ, so started a new one.

About 1,5 year ago I installed ML on my camera (it probaly wasnt 2.3 but ealier version), and it worked prefect for about a year, but one day it just started without ML and unfortunatly my friend didnt noticed and formatted the card (and because there was no ml in camera all files were erased). So I downloaded latest version and installed it once again, and problems started.

For this moment you never know how long will camera work, sometimes its working fine for two weeks, sometimes two days, and then it's dead. It's not turning on at all, sometimes after 30s AF starts to work, but not always. And it's really hard to get camera working again, at first I changed files on card with fresh ones (in case one of them was damaged) - no efect; card format, bootflag in EosCard, new files - still dead; format again, bootflag, and files that were on the card (backup was first thing I did ;) ) - no efect; once again format, bootflag, new files - camera working normaly.

After every crash I have to do some of the steps above, sometimes camera starts after 2 try, sometimes I need to try it several times :/ also sometimes camera starts with ML, sometimes without!

last thing is battery draining, especialy if left on movie mode (it can eat whole battery during night). I know it can happen if you take card too fast from camera, but I always wait for led blink, and even a little longer.

Things I tried:
- diffrent cards - no efect
- firmware uptade - no efect
- leaving camera with startup problem and without battery for some time - no efect

Any ideas? ;)

Or mayby someone can tell me where to find older versions of ML? I couldnt find any reliable source.

mino.rimada

Where you able to solve your problem?...I think I have something similar happening with my 5D M2