Can't install on 60d (previous ML user on a T3)

Started by YogSothoth, December 26, 2013, 01:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YogSothoth

Hey all,

I did a search on this subject first and found a previous post with this title, so I reused it for others with potentially the same problem.

I've previously run ML successfully on an 1100d (T3).

I changed to a 60d a couple of months ago, and I'm now used to the 60d enough to consider adding ML with wider ML feature set for the 60d.

Camera f/w ver. is 1.1.1 as required.

Formatted a 16gb SD in camera and copied ML (current) v2.3 to card & extracted.

The install instructions are currently incorrect as using >Extract Here on a linux system will put everything into a ~/folder called ~/magiclantern-v2.3.550D.60D.600D.50D.500D.5D2, not into root so no firmware upgrade file is visible.

So I moved the folder called /ML to root and then moved  the two files autoexec.bin and  60d-111.fir to root also.

autoexec.bin is 1.7mb. 60d-111.fir is 65.9 kB.

Launching a firmware update at this stage however will result in the "update file error please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again" error. After rebooting and checking the SD card, both autoexec.bin & 60d-111.fir will be 0kb size, I don't know if that means anything.

Walter Schulz

The installation documents are not always as elaborate as expected. It reads "Unzip all of the files from Magic Lantern zip archive to the root of your card." and doesn't say to copy the zip file itself onto the card as you did.
Please redo as described and follow instructions to the letter.

Ciao
Walter

YogSothoth

Thanks very much, sorry for the waste of time. And yes your advice worked.