Weirdness with wired remote

Started by samcomer, December 21, 2013, 03:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samcomer

Hello, new here, but I've been using ML on my T2i and T3i for a couple of years, I guess. I decided I need to be able to start video recording remotely because I use the camera on a jib from time to time. Stinks having to walk back and forth from back of the jib to the camera to start and stop.

I got a remote setup with an IR transmitter that transmits to an IR receiver fixed with an input jack for the wired remote socket. My assumption was that I should be able to set ML to make it start and stop recording via pressing the shutter button halfway, just like using a wired remote. This worked ... sort of. It would start recording, but then the camera basically locks up. I can't stop recording, either with the remote or on the camera. I can't change any settings on the camera at all. Once I unplug the remote cable, everything goes back to normal and all the functions I had pushed buttons for activate - like they're catching up. This happens on both the T2i and T3i, both with the July build.

Any thoughts?