5D MKII no RAW capabilities!

Started by stephan.knight, December 18, 2013, 01:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephan.knight

Hello

Today I followed step by step the ML install process for ML V2.3 on my canon 5D MKII

-it had a full battery
-I used a USB 3 card reader to transfer all the files to the card
-using an 16GB sandisk extreme pro 90mbs
-canon firmware is 2.1.2 which is the correct firmware version as stated on the website.

Through out the installation process there are no problems, I receive the success page and I turn it off and wait several seconds the boot up.

But then when I hit the trash it does bring me ML however it looks very different to the ones on YouTube de mother users and I done have the modular tab either.

See the images that I've attached have few pictures I took.

What am I doing wrong?

Andy600

Go to the home page > download > nightly builds (or alpha builds if you prefer)

You have the last stable release (v2.3) installed. Look at the build date. It's nearly a year before raw became possible ;)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

Walter Schulz

Quote from: stephan.knight on December 18, 2013, 01:16:36 AMWhat am I doing wrong?

Nothing at all. You installed ML's stable version 2.3. If you want to use newer options and features you might first make yourself familiar with the concept of nightly builds (and their risks) and might want to install such a version. Or you might want to remain on the safer side of ML.

Top of page -> Downloads -> Browse nightly builds. If you want to go there you have to delete the old ML directory on your card and write all contents of the zip file to your card.

Ciao
Walter

RenatoPhoto

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

stephan.knight

Thank you for the replies guys.

Bad news, when installing the night build on to my CF it would not boot up my 5D2 I got bit scared so I thought it was the battery then I took the CF put a clean one in and had to wait 15 seconds or so and then it booted it up however every time I put the old CF that I tried putting ML on it it bricks the camera so I got a feeling I just lost a 16GB Sandisk extreme pro :(

Anybody come accross this problem?

tron

@stephan.knight:

Relax!

Just format the specific card again and then put on it (again!) a clean ML2.3 (the last year's stable version)

Then you can:

1. Try to Uninstall ML and see if camera returns to normal.

Or

2. Try again to boot ML2.3 and check its behavior.

Then put the card on PC again and copy (WITHOUT deleting the previous files - at least this is what I have done up to now with my 5D2) over then the 5D2 nightly build.

(Make sure that autoexec.bin is overridden by the new one and that there is the modules directory).

If ML remains installed just put the new card at your camera.

Otherwise you will have to install it again. I have not tried the later part because
all these months my 5D2 is constantly upgraded with no issues from ML2.3 up to Nov 20, 2013 just by copying the new files over the older ones.

Don't worry your camera is not damaged and I cannot see how your card can be as well. Let us know.

stephan.knight

Tron thank you so much it worked CF is back and then I followed your steps however all I get now is this image below when trying to put the nightly build.

Walter Schulz

Do you have copied the ML directory to the root of the card?

stephan.knight

I have fixed It I found the missing file :) thank you!