Is T3i/600d nightly build from ML or TragicLantern?

Started by l_d_allan, December 16, 2013, 03:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l_d_allan

I'm fuzzy on whether the Nightly Build for the T3i/600d is ML or TL. Or some hybrid?

I've got ML Nightly Builds on both my 5d2 and 600d, updating perhaps weekly or so. I use the 5d2 much more than the 600d, but I've found the 600d with ML to be stable and reliable. I've encountered some glitches, but never had a camera with ML become a brick.

I'm hoping the ML for the 600d has a LOT of TL in it ... I think that would interest my confidence to install TL on my recently purchased 6d. So far, I'm being cautious, and holding off on using TL.

dmilligan

The builds from http://builds.magiclantern.fm/ are built from the main ML repo. If you got your build from somewhere else there's no telling.

1%

Nightly should be from main and right now is more updated than the TL 600D binary.

I kinda liked the nighties for the other cams as reference and they were a good check on whether I'd screwed something up or if it was a general bug. Also it says TL in the version string and help tab is gone if you need another way to tell.

Luiz Roberto dos Santos

Quote from: 1% on December 17, 2013, 12:35:16 AM
Nightly should be from main and right now is more updated than the TL 600D binary.

I kinda liked the nighties for the other cams as reference and they were a good check on whether I'd screwed something up or if it was a general bug. Also it says TL in the version string and help tab is gone if you need another way to tell.

Any chance from new compile up-to-date of TL?
In my tests, TL dont give more speed/memory, or something like that, but I like so much of the controls for H.264 video (overbitrate, GOP, Slice, etc.). I, and certainly a lot other peaples, will like so much that  ;D

l_d_allan

Thanks for clearing this up.

FWIW: in the past, on two separate FOSS projects, I did "lone ranger" forks on mature projects, with what I thought at the time were justifiable and compelling reasons. In the longer term, I regret doing that.