MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baldand

Quote from: AMPhoto on December 08, 2014, 02:53:33 AM
Hi everybody, this is my first post on ML community  :)
Thanks for developing this useful and amazing software. I've discovered it today and decided to try it.
I'm a professional photographer and I'm almost new to video RAW (of course I understand the basics of this)
I've recorded a MLV file with my 5D Mark II.
Installed MLRawViewer in a folder and I succesfully open the MLV file. It plays very smooth on my HP Elitebook (i5, 8Gb DDR3, AMD HD6470, SSD+Hitach 7k RPM 2,5 1tb, Windows 8.1 x64). But I can't export anything.
I've set IN and OUT marks, I've set a location for exporting in MOV with W key. But the browser windows looks not clear to me. I've folders, and it's okay, but how to confirm I want to export to the current directory? Enter key enters the directory, ESC close the software. I can click just the cross near the path, top left of the window.
And, most important, I can't export anything. I press the E key and nothing happens.Sometimes appears the text of the exporting process but it does nothing and keep at 0.00%.

Here is a screenshot of the window and the log file to debug.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjw28gby6vqzko9/mlrawviewer.log?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhd0ommot4vwu2e/mlrawviewer.JPG?dl=0

Thanks in advance for the help :)

Hi!

Thanks for the detailed bug report. I think this again due to the problems with audio file names introduced in 1.4.2.

Since 1.4.2 is actually the development/testing version with new features and bugs, I would recommend to you to start with the stable series, e.g. 1.3.4. You may need to delete all the generated .MRX files next to the raw files, and the $HOME/.mlrawviewer directory to be on the safe side.

Hopefully export should be working ok with that version.

budafilms

@Baldand I need your help.

I get in 4 shots around ten WHITE dots in the image (5D Mark III)

I found it after export from MLRaw to DNG

I deleted the RAW files, so I have only DNGs.

Can you help me?

I use OS X, so I have ACR, Resolve, Final Cut X and your software.

I tried to do a tracking movement in resolve and I made me crazy for nights.

Thank you.

baldand

Quote from: budafilms on December 08, 2014, 08:10:21 AM
@Baldand I need your help.

I get in 4 shots around ten WHITE dots in the image (5D Mark III)

I found it after export from MLRaw to DNG

I deleted the RAW files, so I have only DNGs.

Can you help me?

I use OS X, so I have ACR, Resolve, Final Cut X and your software.

I tried to do a tracking movement in resolve and I made me crazy for nights.

Thank you.

I don't immediately see how I can help.

In the case MlRawViewer caused the dots when converting from raw to dng, then I doubt it can be undone from just the DNGs.

AMPhoto

Quote from: baldand on December 08, 2014, 06:33:51 AM
Hi!

Thanks for the detailed bug report. I think this again due to the problems with audio file names introduced in 1.4.2.

Since 1.4.2 is actually the development/testing version with new features and bugs, I would recommend to you to start with the stable series, e.g. 1.3.4. You may need to delete all the generated .MRX files next to the raw files, and the $HOME/.mlrawviewer directory to be on the safe side.

Hopefully export should be working ok with that version.

I hope my bug report will help you in developing future versions. If you need any further help for testing this version (and future) feel free to ask :)
Thanks for the fast support and reply.
Using the 1.3.4 version, as you suggested, everything works as expected.
Again, very nice tool!

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on December 08, 2014, 03:36:44 AM
If that doesn't work -- Maybe try pressing Y to 'unpause' it somehow?

Results?

Of course I did try it before. But everything wasn't working correctly.
Now when I press the E button, with the 1.3.4, it starts immediately to export.
The browser windows, furthermore, weren't the windows standard, but they were skinned like the rest of the program interface.
But there wasn't any OK button or anything to confirm the export path, for example.
I could click only on the cross or exit the program with ESC key.
Now with 1.3.2 it's all okay.
If you need a screenshot of the window I was talking about feel free to ask, I'll post it here.

DeafEyeJedi

You can press Backspace button instead of Esc to get Out of the window without closing down the app...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

rgilman

@Baldand, switching to 1.3.4 also solved my problem with export on OSX (see previous posts). I hope you can find the no-export bug in the 1.4 version. I couldn't export in either 1.4.1 or 1.4.2 so I doubt the no-export bug was introduced in 1.4.2. Thanks again for your good work on this.

eld3rs

MLRawViewer seems to be working well, i just have two more issues.

1. The video is playing but it is duotoned and not in full color

2. I cant get to export, how does i followed this order from the control list
W - File dialog to choose the export directory
D - Choose export type, MOV or DNG
E - Add marked range to the export queue. Will use the source name with ".MOV" or "_DNG" appended.
C - Export all files in the current directory using the current settings
Y - Start processing, or pause processing of the export queue

but there's no progress after pressing the E key.

i have tried on versions 1.3.3 and 1.4.2

goran

Hi Baldand,

In my case deleting the .mrx files didn't work. That was the first thing I tried. Still no luck at exporting with either of 1.4 versions.
Staying with 1.3.4 meanwhile as it's working just fine.

Keep up the good work!

Goran

P.S. Why can't I quote other people's responses?

ricbi1

Just wanted to thank you for an awesome and now key workflow element! This is brilliant.

R4dev

Hi there,

I tried to open a .RAW file with both versions 1.3.3 and 1.4.2 and the program closes immediately.  Checked the log file, it reads:

WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x00000008

I have an EOS-M with the lates nightly build, and tried it on my rather old Dell laptop Core Duo with Win 7.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? The program sounds awesome and I'd really like to give it a try. Sorry if I'm not posting this where I should, it seams like the proper place.

baldand

Quote from: R4dev on December 09, 2014, 10:08:35 PM
Hi there,

I tried to open a .RAW file with both versions 1.3.3 and 1.4.2 and the program closes immediately.  Checked the log file, it reads:

WindowsError: exception: access violation reading 0x00000008

I have an EOS-M with the lates nightly build, and tried it on my rather old Dell laptop Core Duo with Win 7.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? The program sounds awesome and I'd really like to give it a try. Sorry if I'm not posting this where I should, it seams like the proper place.

Unless you have a discrete (Nvidia or AMD) GPU in that, you may be out of luck. If you do, make sure you have the latest graphics drivers.

csound

baldand

baldand

1.4.3 now available

From the usual place: https://bitbucket.org/baldand/mlrawviewer/downloads

This is identical to 1.4.2, but it fixes one bug which caused exporting from clips without audio to fail. I suspect this is the bug that was causing many people export problems in 1.4.2.

If you could not export with 1.4.2, please try 1.4.3 and let me know if it is now working for you, or not.

If you still have problems with 1.4.3, please include the $HOME/.mlrawviewer/mlrawviewer.log file when reporting those so that I can investigate them.

Francis Frenkel

Hello,

I notice 2 things :
A got a Europeen keyboard, then, the keys are not working !
I must use the correspondance between US and French Keybord... for exemple "W" is "Z" for me !
No trick to fix that ?

How could I choose or select a group / list of Raw files to convert ?
I've found that "W" is the key to choose the export directory, but what is the key to select several RAW files to convert / extract (from one directory or different directories) ?

Francis
Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com

SpirITzzz

Hello! I test 1.4.3 version and see this bugs:
1. When I trying export all videos in my folder (press C button), program window is freezing.
2. Don't work LUTs presets, i choose C-Log, but my DNG look like default camera settings.
3. "A - Toggle anamorphic aspect to take into account the 1.4x squeeze from shooting 50p/60p"
This work for only for preview, may be you can add resize option for export?

baldand

Quote from: SpirITzzz on December 12, 2014, 02:30:08 PM
Hello! I test 1.4.3 version and see this bugs:
1. When I trying export all videos in my folder (press C button), program window is freezing.
2. Don't work LUTs presets, i choose C-Log, but my DNG look like default camera settings.
3. "A - Toggle anamorphic aspect to take into account the 1.4x squeeze from shooting 50p/60p"
This work for only for preview, may be you can add resize option for export?

Thanks for the report. I managed to reproduce 1 -> It looks like the C button is still broken in 1.4.3.

Re 2 (not a change in 1.4.3, feature request), LUTs are not applied to DNGs because DNGs are the original raw data as-is. Only the stripe/hot-pixel correction is applied to DNGs if you enable that. If you have SW that can handle DNGs, it should be fully capable of handling the full raw dynamic range and applying any LUTs you wish. The MlRawViewer LUT support is only for preview, and MOV encoding where the dynamic range that can be stored is reduced.

Re 3 (not a change in 1.4.3, feature request), it's been asked before but I'm not keen on supporting any resize that loses resolution data. That's why the stretches/squeezes are only for preview at the moment.

baldand

Quote from: Francis Frenkel on December 12, 2014, 09:24:11 AM
Hello,

I notice 2 things :
A got a Europeen keyboard, then, the keys are not working !
I must use the correspondance between US and French Keybord... for exemple "W" is "Z" for me !
No trick to fix that ?

How could I choose or select a group / list of Raw files to convert ?
I've found that "W" is the key to choose the export directory, but what is the key to select several RAW files to convert / extract (from one directory or different directories) ?

Francis

You didn't say what OS you are using. This sounds like a mistake in keyboard mapping but it's hard to say what the cause is. Do characters appear correctly for you in all other apps?

Re multi exports, just open each file in turn and press E to add it to the export queue. Alternatively, C should export all files from the same directory as the current file, however, it seems like that feature is still broken in 1.4.3.

Francis Frenkel

QuoteA got a Europeen keyboard, then, the keys are not working !
No trick to fix that ?

Quote from: baldand on December 12, 2014, 03:30:58 PM
You didn't say what OS you are using. This sounds like a mistake in keyboard mapping but it's hard to say what the cause is. Do characters appear correctly for you in all other apps?

Windows 7 Pro - MLRaw viewer 1.3.3

Francis
Francis Frenkel
www.ffrenkel.com

togg

Still no love with 1.4.3. It creates empty folders.
Here it is the log, https://www.mediafire.com/?thvad88n73xlhc0

(macbook pro retina 15, 10.9.5, 2.3 ghz i7, 8gb ram, nvidia graphic etc)

budafilms

I ask you before how to repare hot pixels, it's good to add an option to repare this in the software.
ACR detect this pixels and create one from the pixels around.

In DaVInci Resolve, I had to create manually one node with shapes and apply blur.

Hot pixels it's very common Cmos problem and a lot of users don't know they have dozens of that, probably for the size of the videos in regular LCD or Led. But when you put your video in a projector or big TV are very visibles.

I think it's a very good idea to add.

I deleted RAW files for the size - 5 TB - so I don't have other solution that create a manually shapes.

Thanks

dmilligan

togg

There's a pass that remove hot pixel here, the problem is that Resolve doesn't seem to recognize the data of this process. It's not burned in apparently.

baldand

Quote from: togg on December 14, 2014, 02:16:59 AM
There's a pass that remove hot pixel here, the problem is that Resolve doesn't seem to recognize the data of this process. It's not burned in apparently.

That's not correct.

If you enable the stripe correction, that also includes the hot pixel detection algo. However, it will only become useful after a few frames of training, and it is not usable for tripod based scenes.

That pass does modify the pixel data in the DNGs, so it is not possible for resolve "not to recognise" this. How well the detection works is another question. I think currently it is tuned only to suppress very strong hot pixels. It may well be less effective at high ISO.