MlRawViewer 1.3.3 (CDNG/MLV/RAW Viewer & Encoder, Linux/Mac/Win)

Started by baldand, December 09, 2013, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NedB

@baldand: Windows 7, 64-bit. All .raw files and .mlv files I throw at 1.1.4 seem to play perfectly. Laptop with ATI/AMD Mobility Radeon HD4570. What could be causing @SoulChildPaul's problem with a black screen? Anything I could help test? Cheers and thanks so much for your really fantastic software.
550D - Kit Lens | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Zacuto Z-Finder Pro 2.5x | SanDisk ExtremePro 95mb/s | Tascam DR-100MkII

kontrakatze

So, if there is just a mismatch of ffmpeg put into the header, does apps like DaVinci actually use all bits given by the file?

nuke01

Hi,

using 1.1.4. I also have a blackscreen/seems to doesnt load at all. I can't verify playing sound because I recorded without sound.

I'm on a Windows 7x64, 16gb ram, i5-2500k.

Things is, it does this only with one file, which is rather huge (.MLV up to .M07). Could this be the problem. An other file which only goes to .M03 plays just fine.

Also this is a snippet from the log, this lines get repeat a lot:

MlRawViewer v1.1.4
(c) Andrew Baldwin & contributors 2013-2014
Using GLFW
wavnames []
wavfilename C:\Users\Joe\Work\movies\2014\ML Raw Test\M08-1426.WAV
Opening MLV file C:\Users\Joe\Work\movies\2014\ML Raw Test\M08-1426.MLV
Black level: 1791 White level: 15000
FPS: 25.0 (25000/1000)
Audio frame count 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Projects\mlrawviewer\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\GLComputeGLFW", line 283, in __draw
  File "<string>", line 755, in onDraw
  File "C:\Projects\mlrawviewer\build\mlrawviewer_win\out00-PYZ.pyz\GLComputeGLFW", line 234, in renderScenes
  File "<string>", line 414, in prepareToRender
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

Is the file corrupt or is it something with the player? When I convert it MLV Converter 1.9.2 it seems to only take the .MLV, but maybe that's just the converter.

ps.: thanks for your awesome work btw!

Frank7D

Quote from: nuke01 on April 08, 2014, 05:59:57 PM
Is the file corrupt or is it something with the player? When I convert it MLV Converter 1.9.2 it seems to only take the .MLV, but maybe that's just the converter.

When you convert with MLV Converter, do the DNGs total weight roughly equal the combined MLV-M07 file size? If so, it converted them all; if not, then not.

nuke01

EDIT: whitout compression, it's roughly the same size (36GB). so this means, it's not the data it's mlrawviewer? anything I can do to help?

Unfortunatly I used loseless compression, I don't know how much it is suppose to compress.

Anyway the DNG are 19.4GB, the combined MLV about 35GB. Does that help you. Should I try to convert it again without compression and get back to you?

baldand

Quote from: nuke01 on April 08, 2014, 05:59:57 PM

File "<string>", line 414, in prepareToRender
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

Thanks for the details. It's a bit mysterious. That line suggests the frame count for the set of files (made from summing the framecounts of the individual .M** files) is zero. That seems quite unlikely to me, so I'm not sure whats going on.

Has anyone else tried playing such large file sets with success or similar failure?

nuke01

Thank you for your quick response. Interessting fact: MLV Converter also says it has 0 frames. Maybe there is an Integer Overflow happening, how long is the frame count integer?

RAW

thanks for the fast reply. windows 7 64bit.
1.1.4 can't playback dir containing sequences of dng files.  I was able to in 1.1.3

Quote from: baldand on April 08, 2014, 06:01:09 AM
Nothing was removed from 1.1.4. MOV export should still work as in 1.1.3.

If it is not working for you, can you give details of your system (Windows or Mac) and the problem you see happening? Have you set an export target folder using W key?

pilgrim

Quote from: SoulChildPaul on April 08, 2014, 01:33:27 PM
On Windows 7 new 1.1.4 update only shows a black screen although audio can be heard. Checked same files on older version are viewable

This post reply some other similar problem with windows 7 64b. It's not a solving problem but maybe some trace of problem (for baldand).
I have similar problem, that version 1.1.4 doesn't work the output MOV file on my Win 7 64b. The 'W' key (destination folder) doesn't work either.
Some time the version 1.1.3 Win did similar thing, but the 1.1.3 on Mac/Maverick work nicely  :) :) :)

The same MLV file which have problem on Win (output MOV), if I send out DNG file work nicely. So, from the folder of that DNG I send out to MOV with this version 1.1.4 again and it's work.
Anyone of you who have the problem with MOV output can you try this ?

So, here are the notes :
1. Most MLV files which doesn't work : because the WAV file. Maybe because the length (video and audio) are different, this has an issue for some times. The MLV files of mine without audio work most of the time.
2. The mapping work not on the same level.
- The HDR work most of the time, and give very good image...  :)  thanks baldand, it's really great.
- The sRGB, 709 and log work also but less success than HDR. This is great for LUT and for more room of correction. But as the material RAW or MLV already rich in dynamic so HDR mapping is enough and very beautiful, even without grading (with lens Zeiss Planar 50mm/1.4).
3. The picker White balance working well. This is really time saving, especially for room with colorful lamp or colorful wall and spill the color the the environment. One white spot or shirt will save the whole image in short time.
4. On the landscape (outdoor), most of the time the color is good even without correction white balance. Of course, the white balance on the camera (cloudy, shade, sun, etc) should be correct. I think the metadata from camera is well translated by soft. Is it right ?

@ SoulChildPaul and others : Maybe some conversion has done well also. In my case, because button "W" version 1.1.4 which doesn't work, I use the older version, for example 1.1.2, to open the last folder with button "W" and... 'dang' ... I found on that folder some file which I thought doesn't work but already well converted. The program remember and keep the last folder for the next destination if we didn't change. So with this old version 1.1.2  I decide the present folder for the output and then I use 1.1.4 for converting and there the file arrive.
Maybe some of you who have the same problem can try which I have done : try change MOV and DNG, change mapping sRGB, 709, HDR, etc to confirm the problem.
By the way baldand, for ProRes : this program is the best out there  ;)

Danne

The whiteblance picker only work with mlv-files right? Couldn,t get it to work with raw

baldand

Quote from: Danne on April 09, 2014, 10:14:52 PM
The whiteblance picker only work with mlv-files right? Couldn,t get it to work with raw

You are right, sorry about that. It seems like the white balance picker was broken in 1.1.4 for both RAW and CDNG for different reasons. It will be fixed in the next release.

bluewater

Couldn't be better, Baland.

WB picker and MOV output works great. The only thing I hope is adding AdobeRGB mode.
(for taking RAW with Adobe RGB mode of 5D mark3.)
Do you think is it possible?

baldand

Quote from: bluewater on April 11, 2014, 04:29:52 PM
Couldn't be better, Baland.

WB picker and MOV output works great. The only thing I hope is adding AdobeRGB mode.
(for taking RAW with Adobe RGB mode of 5D mark3.)
Do you think is it possible?

Could you add that as an enhancement request on bitbucket (https://bitbucket.org/baldand/mlrawviewer/issues?status=new&status=open) with a bit more explanation of the workflow you want to achieve.

I'm a little surprised to hear a request for AdobeRGB in a video context. Also, it would be quite independent of any other camera mode settings since the data recorded is raw and does not contain any colour profile. It would just be a different colour matrix and gamma applied afterwards to the data.

baldand

Quote from: bluewater on April 12, 2014, 09:19:02 PM
You refered to sRGB as a gmma tone not as a color chromacity. right?
(sRGB and Rec.709 share the same chromaticities and White point chromaticitiy.)

Yes. In 1.1.4 the same colour matrix is used in all modes - it's applies the given camera matrix to convert to XYZ, and then the XYZ to sRGB colour.

The only difference between the sRGB and Rec.709 modes is the gamma function applied after that.

Danne

Hi! Created an issue report. Would like to see if more people have this problem?

Issue #62

Trouble with muxing audio from a 5d mark 3 exporting longer sequences of .MLV files. When previewing .mlv files it always creates a full wav audio file which contains the full audio. However when hitting export "E" converting to .mov, the then created wav file for muxing often is shorter missing a big portion of the audio. I had longer .mlv files (containing 3 files or more) that have half the clip muted. So, wav created in preview are fine. Wav created for export to .mov often shorter.

I,m on a macbook pro retina 15 inch, nvidia 750m graphic card. 5d mark 3

tonybeccar

Is it possible to get full quality realtime playback? I'm planning on buying a pc i7 3770k 3.9ghz with a geforce gtx 660 2gb gddr5... will it work?

baldand

Quote from: tonybeccar on April 17, 2014, 04:51:17 AM
Is it possible to get full quality realtime playback? I'm planning on buying a pc i7 3770k 3.9ghz with a geforce gtx 660 2gb gddr5... will it work?

No. High quality mode is currently CPU based, and too slow to be real time on most machines. Maybe a 12core MacPro could manage...

To be realtime, it should be on the GPU like the normal mode, but that would need quite some work.

tonybeccar

Ah alright.. I thought both were on GPU also.. would be so sweet. I can notice a huge difference on my big monitor.

Markus

I see that the program also supports cinema dng playback. Would it be possible so extend that support to regular dngs or is the 14bits a problem? Would be great to be able to preview the dng sequences in the same way as is possible with the mlv, raw and cdng-files.

baldand

Quote from: Markus on April 17, 2014, 01:27:33 PM
I see that the program also supports cinema dng playback. Would it be possible so extend that support to regular dngs or is the 14bits a problem? Would be great to be able to preview the dng sequences in the same way as is possible with the mlv, raw and cdng-files.

It should currently handle uncompressed 14bit or 16bit DNG sequences - "CinemaDNG" (e.g. few extra tags) are not a requirement. Certainly the output of raw2dng or mlv_dump should be playable as is.

What it won't handle yet is any kind of lossy or lossless compressed DNGs.

poromaa

Hi, just tried the latest version (1.1.4) - but if I do MOVs the files are created in an old directory (where i was using it the first time).
Is it possible to change output directory - or shouldn't it just save the output in the same directory as the source (if that is the case, I seem to have found a bug?) Anyway - great work! Use this alot!

OSX v.10.9.2
macbook air
tried several MLV files + MLVs from the latest nightly build

/J

baldand

Quote from: poromaa on April 20, 2014, 10:19:32 PM
Hi, just tried the latest version (1.1.4) - but if I do MOVs the files are created in an old directory (where i was using it the first time). N
Is it possible to change output directory - or shouldn't it just save the output in the same directory as the source (if that is the case, I seem to have found a bug?) Anyway - great work! Use this alot!

OSX v.10.9.2
macbook air
tried several MLV files + MLVs from the latest nightly build

/J

Press W to bring up the target directory selection dialog

poromaa