Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

QuoteAre custom focus patterns available in this version of ML?

Not yet, they break af when i tiried to use them.

Quoteafter 5-10 seconds, ML menu becomes unusable

i see the af points go on top and you can't work the menu. half shutter fixes it though, at least temporarily.

QuoteDefishing and anamorphic dont draw correctly

Same as the new peaking. they are drawn the same so the same bug.
Ghost image looks fine to me at first, then bottom bar draws over it and takes a line out. i tried a video and a raw

lol, it looks like we have some drawing bugs.

seems if you do the gradual expo it changes the aperture first then goes back to gradual expo o the frame gets dark for a sec and then starts the gradual expo sequence. most visible on the bottom. heh, i should make a list of these and what I've attempted to do to fix them. all seem related to canon drawing fighting with ml actions and drawing

ManixLiquid

Ok. ML works on my SanDisk 64GB SDXC extreme card. I followed sparedog instruction. It seems ML was installed on my camera all this time but it wouldn't boot from my 32GB card where I make installed 6D 112 fir, eoscard boot flag, etc.

Now I just need to find how to select resolution (1080p) and record display (record notification and time.
BlackMagic Camera & Canon EOS 6D w/ Zeiss Distagon 35mm & 50mm, Sigma 10mm-20mm.

1%

I looked into the gradual ISO bug... it is present on all cameras. There is no aperture handling in the gradual iso code. it only does shutter and iso. it flashes on my 600d too.

*Its stuck on now forever. I went to the store and played with a 650D, the servo af is just a toggle in the menu. When I turned it on and moved the camera, the af didn't move. I couldn't record as they had no cards in the cameras. So same behavior as 6D. I don't know how to use this fucking thing.

*Here is ghost Image and how it looks for me with a raw pic queued up.

a1ex

Gradual exposure should handle ISO, shutter and aperture changes (all 3). If it doesn't, check FRAME_BV (it should react to all 3 parameters, Bv = Tv + Av - Sv). It's also nice to have CONFIG_FRAME_SHUTTER_OVERRIDE, helps with reducing pink highlights.

When you change aperture, it's normal to flicker, because aperture is some slow mechanical device.

1%

I thought frame BV could be wrong, it has to be checked. I will try the frame shutter override. It was in 5d3 internals.h and didn't know I could turn it on.

*ok, slightly less flickery. will look at BV, its the same as the one displayed, right?

BV seems to match the math. It can be negative, right?

Canon keep overriding the 1/8000 shutter when I use it, I can only get it on for a short while even with override. But all shutter values between 1/4k and 1/8k change the LV.

1%

Here is a vid of the anamorphic/new peaking drawing bug. This is without redirect display buffer easily. Otherwise you see nothing:

Probably related to the info screens not drawing on the photo display too.

a1ex

Can't watch, I only get a ton of ads and popups (both ff and chrome).

You need to define CONFIG_CAN_REDIRECT_DISPLAY_BUFFER_EASILY and make sure you can redirect the display buffer by changing YUV422_LV_BUFFER_DISPLAY_ADDR. This trick only works when called from display state object, from the right spot.

e.g. this will work (and will display gibberish):

stateobj_spy()
    if (self == DISPLAY_STATE && input == INPUT_ENABLE_IMAGE_PHYSICAL_SCREEN_PARAMETER)
         YUV422_LV_BUFFER_DISPLAY_ADDR = rand();

but this will not work (maybe just occasional flicker when it catches the right moment):

run_test()
{
    while(1) { YUV422_LV_BUFFER_DISPLAY_ADDR = rand(); msleep(10); }
}

If you don't define CONFIG_CAN_REDIRECT_DISPLAY_BUFFER_EASILY, it will probably flicker a lot. You will have to find some other hack for changing the liveview image address. See display_filter_lv_vsync and display_filter_get_buffers - those two should work in pairs, one does the hack and redirect the buffers, and the other one tells the buffers that should be used - source and destination image.

1%

Nothing is displayed if I enable redirection. The new peaking overlays do end up in photo review after I take a picture. I'm pulling the LV address from the register and I think it goes into LV buffer 1 per the code. I think the redirection part is what doesn't work except for photo review.

Should I try to find actual BV like it is on 60D? Found frame shutter timer in 600D (ext HDR works). Seems not many cameras have frame bv location and just do subtraction.

I am looking for a video host now that doesn't need a signup and will actually upload. I'm on wifi so the uploads like to time out.

Also its hard to see but flexinfo actually draws over LV and you can see LV moving in the transparencies. On the photo screen it still has LV artefacts in the transparency and never draws what it actually is supposed to. So our LV buffers are switched or wrong order? Or the register returns the wrong thing?

sparedog

Quote from: 1% on January 27, 2013, 10:33:28 PM

I am looking for a video host now that doesn't need a signup and will actually upload. I'm on wifi so the uploads like to time out.

You could sign up to hushmail, and use that to sign up to vimeo. Its a bit of a tedious solution process, but at least that way your normal email addresses wont be flooded with spam. I´m pretty sure someone else can come up with a better solution =D

sparedog

Is it possible to make an option to set the LumaFast zebras´ alpha?

I like to shoot with the monochrome picture style on the LV whilst recording in a color picture style.
So I think I could get away with setting the alpha of lumafast zabras very low, maybe as low as 20%, as it would be the only color on the screen (except when using focus peaking, etc)

DTSET123

Sparedog why would you want to see in monochrome while recording color? Just curious, what's a benefit of that?

scrax

Quote from: DTSET123 on January 28, 2013, 02:43:56 AM
Sparedog why would you want to see in monochrome while recording color? Just curious, what's a benefit of that?
I do that with RAW pic to have a better control of forms, framing etc. without colors distraction
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

sparedog

Quote from: scrax on January 28, 2013, 10:22:21 AM
I do that with RAW pic to have a better control of forms, framing etc. without colors distraction
Its a throwback from shooting with television. Older tv cameras often had a monochrome electronic viewfinder, and as scrax says, some people find it much easier to control focus, framing, exposure etc. I scan the scene for color with my naked eye.
Once you hit record on the camera, ML automatically changes the picture style to the chosen color one, so whilst recording the viewfinder is in color. It´s only during setup and framing, but I still find it suits my working style better.

1%

Zebras got turned into zebras in latest commit. I have to see how it looks. This would apply to all cameras not jut 6Db

*made the bin... i think it does more of what you want. The blinking dots peaking is a little less all over the place too. if you turn on grayscale image only zebras and peaking will show up.

sparedog

Quote from: 1% on January 28, 2013, 06:31:02 PM
Zebras got turned into zebras in latest commit. I have to see how it looks. This would apply to all cameras not jut 6Db

*made the bin... i think it does more of what you want. The blinking dots peaking is a little less all over the place too. if you turn on grayscale image only zebras and peaking will show up.

I like the zebras much better in this new version.

Also on FastLuma Zebras, would it be possible to put in an option to show both highlight and lowlight at the same time, instead of the display flickering between the 2?

1%

I think that was done for CPU reasons. they do look more classy now :)

sparedog

I cant seem to get the Arrow / Set shortcuts to work, but that might be my own user error. The buttons just move the focus box around, and dont change the white balance

DTSET123

So yesterday I was checking out the .ini files and I got RC (no modification) to record stable at 75bm/s (average) in IPB compression on my Patrion LX card, but cant determine if it is any better then regular All-I. My settings were:
Bit Rate: 8
InitQP: 15
Autoload: on
Config Loaded: yes
Config select: Rate Control

When I tried to lower QP some other values would work but as soon as you start moving the camera it would crash. I guess its because of the nature of IPB and the way it compresses frame to frame. Did anyone tried this and did you see any visual benefits?

1%

QuoteBit Rate: 8
InitQP: 15

don't set these from the menu for rate control or vbr or it will record at fixed qp. initqp and bitrate shouldn't actually be set unless you do autoload override though so you kinda lucked out, changing these should have done nothing. :)

hehe, another bug too, lv power save key puts the display to sleep and it wakes up right away.

I think i have an idea on why peaking won't draw.

canon changed the buffer override function to SetImageOverrideParameter

it used to be EnableImagePhysicalScreenParameter

how do i find out what INPUT_ENABLE_IMAGE_PHYSICAL_SCREEN_PARAMETER should now be?

zhound

I finally got ML installed on my 6D last night with your new autoexec.bin from yesterday. Great work so far.

Remote shooting via WIFI(Using the smartphone) crashes the camera hard. This is repeatable.

Also I noticed that Zebras and focus peaks don't work in LV if  WIFI is turned on.

DTSET123

Lol... Thank you for clarifying that! I spent two hours outside trying to figure it out lol... at least I got a nice tan :)

In theory thou, shouldn't IPB at higher bit rates compress better then All-I? YES, NO or MAYBE?

1%

yea, all I is kinda disappointing. IPB at the higer rate should get you better quality according to h.264 theory.

i have to try out the wifi again with my phone and see what happens with those crashes. It turns off movie mode, it may do other funky stuff.

hmmm.. none of the overlays work when wifi is enabled
but new peaking is fixed

sparedog

Quote from: 1% on January 28, 2013, 10:01:58 PM
yea, all I is kinda disappointing. IPB at the higer rate should get you better quality according to h.264 theory.

I don´t know, I am liking All-I. I like the grain, so long as there are no visible compression artifacts.
I´m going to experiment with intraframe for a while.

I know nothing about how compression works. With the .ini files that you have provided, is there a way for me to mess about with All-I to get a higher bitrate?

1%

Set the camera to ALL-I and it will shoot all I. you can use the configs for both.

I tried doing fa_movie with wifi on, i can probably kill the dialog and got the rec button back already I think. It switches out of movie mode or something expsim went to off or to photo. Neither the rec button nor FA movie actually started a movie. Or maybe not enough dmas to send to the phone and record? i have to see why its turning off global draw.

dm.log
https://mega.co.nz/#!x4QViQzB!F9Agtl4dmQQqDS11SklHd33cXf9uJ9FCLYIRkyp2pcc

sparedog

Quote from: 1% on January 29, 2013, 03:24:21 AM
Set the camera to ALL-I and it will shoot all I. you can use the configs for both.
Sorry with the ini files, which one would I change? They all look the same =D
And which bit do I change, or do you mean the options in the ML menu?