Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravitatemediagroup

Quote from: ManixLiquid on February 28, 2013, 11:17:58 PM
Are you guys saying the 95mb sandisk is useless with the 6D? How its possible to record a120mbps video on a 35mb card!!??

I have to question this as well.  At the same time, I have had issue after issue with a extreme pro, and have questioned if it may be the root of some of my issues.

1%

Bits vs bytes.

From what sparedog found, the 208mhz cards perform poorly at 95mhz. On digic IV the UHS cards still worked well at non UHS speeds. Not the case anymore, seem optimized for highest speed and nothing else.

DTSET123

I looked at bunch of cards and non of the manufactures specify mhz. How can I make sure that my next card is 95mhz? Is that what UHS stands for 208mhz?

1%

You want UHS 50 not UHS ~100. So basically anything that only does around 50 write.. means no 90MB/s cards. Go for SDR50, DDR50 but no UHS-104.

https://www.sdcard.org/developers/overview/bus_speed/

Need to find out what chip is doing the card writing like I did on digic IV. Then we can see if 208mhz can be hacked in but not too likely.

Warren

Quote from: 1% on February 28, 2013, 04:28:35 PM
In the actual version, are those features working ?
-peaking (I read it flickers) - It flickered for one guy, doesn't flicker for me. Blinking dots is supposed to blink.
-magic zoom - Works, had problems going back and forth while we were killing canon dialogs for 2 versions.
-zebra - Never had a problem.
-HDR video - Extended with shutter + iso is broken by new menus on all cameras. Regular works fine.

Last time I checked (I don't have my T3i handy, it's with a friend right now), focus peaking with blinky dots worked.

The thing is, it DOES work for me, but not in a normal way.

Live view ML menus *only* show up if I am in the ML menu and hit the Live View button. (And then it is glitchy, jumping between the menu and live view periodically)

On the T3i, If I boot the camera and go into LV, the focus peaking still shows up if I had it enabled last time I turned on the camera. Edit: To clarify, the ML LV overlays in general only show up if I used the Erase button to bring up the configuration menu, and then hit LV from there. If I hit LV from normal shooting mode, ML is not enabled.

1%

Global draw is on for all modes? It should be showing up.

I dunno if its set to on by default.

DTSET123

QuoteYou want UHS 50 not UHS ~100. So basically anything that only does around 50 write.. means no 90MB/s cards. Go for SDR50, DDR50 but no UHS-104.

I suppose the next best thing would be one of these cards: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/839982-REG/SanDisk_SDSDRX3_064G_A21_64GB_SDXC_Memory_Card.html

can someone (who has one of these 45BM/s cards) run this through benchmarks and report.

1%

That will work, so will patriot EP (20 bux cheaper), pny pro elite is UHS-50 as well... I was going to get the 128gb card.

BTW, fixed cache hack boot, we gain a little bit of memory and its a better way to start up.

DTSET123

QuoteBTW, fixed cache hack boot, we gain a little bit of memory and its a better way to start up
Sweet..!

Warren

1%: Yup, global is turned on for all modes.

If you have a complete filesystem tree w/configs you want me to drop on and see if there's an issue with my install, I can give that a shot.

1%

Ok: https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/My-ML-Folder-6D.zip

This is what's on the non-uhs test card right now. Exactly as I finished up with it last night minus my pics and some log files.

I can't reproduce menus not showing up unless I turn global draw to play mode only.

Warren

Thanks, I'm going to have to dig in on this more later, because I'm still not seeing menus with your settings.

This is a UHS card. Does that make a difference?

1%

Not really, might want to not override the bit rate down.

Try hitting info... are any canon dialogs on the screen?

Warren

If I toggle through the various info modes, all the canon menus show as usual, and one blank screen, where I presume ML should appear.

Do I need to (ergh...) reset the camera settings to default and try that?

Francis

Quote from: Warren on March 01, 2013, 06:28:34 PM
If I toggle through the various info modes, all the canon menus show as usual, and one blank screen, where I presume ML should appear.

Do I need to (ergh...) reset the camera settings to default and try that?

You are in liveview correct? The blank screen as in the liveview display with no overlays, or blank as in turned off?

Warren

Sorry, yes. Liveview with no overlays.

1%

Weird because nobody else has had this problem, if you're using the same bin as me then I'm confused.

teo770

Perhaps your firmware version.

On my 6D, I had to apply again the original Canon firmware 1.1.2 before ML can work....
(i was already in 1.1.2, from factory)

Hope that helps
My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

Warren

Hm. Interesting. Let me give that a go. I am also running 1.1.2 from the factory.

Thanks!

Edit: Unfortunately, no, that wasn't it.

a1ex

Warren: when Canon overlays are disabled, do you get any warning messages in ML menu at the bottom?

1%: try creating a test bin that prints the value of zebra_should_run() => this should return 1. If it doesn't, see which component returns zero. There are lots of them, if you break down those functions, but here are some likely candidates:
- DISPLAY_IS_ON
- LiveViewShutterApp_handler (maybe sometimes there's other app at the top of the dialog stack?)
- lv_disp_mode (has problems on M)

Warren

To make sure I'm not making an ID10T error, when you say "Canon overlays are disabled" do you mean by way of using Info to switch them on/off, or is there a menu setting to completely disable them that I missed?

(But no, no warnings that I have seen as currently configured)

fotojohni

Quote from: gravitatemediagroup on February 28, 2013, 09:39:49 PM
what are your video settings set to?  because I still have issues.

I set it to all-I 24 fps, it does seems to be a bit more finicky when set to IPB.  I have no idea why this is.

fotojohni

Quote from: ManixLiquid on February 28, 2013, 11:17:58 PM
Are you guys saying the 95mb sandisk is useless with the 6D? How its possible to record a120mbps video on a 35mb card!!??

because 35 MB is 8 times more than 35 Mb, sorry for the megabyte, megabit thing. 

1%

Here is asif improperly stopping:

[ASIF] StopASIFDMADAC :  EV_STOP_DMA_DAC (time out)
[ASIF] StopASIFDMADAC Err END
[ASIF] asifEventDispatch : (ST=1, EV=0, P=0x101)
[ASIF] asifAStopDmaDac
[ASIF] asifEventDispatch : (ST=0, EV=2, P=0xd09358)
[ASIF] asifAFuncIgnore : Give FuncSync
[ASIF] asifEventDispatch : (ST=0, EV=2, P=0xd09358)
[ASIF] StopASIFDMADAC END

For the overlays they are drawing in every mode I went through them, zebras, peaking histogram, whatever, appear to be working properly. Bulb mode photo LV isn't working today, looking to see if cache hack or left wifi on or some other reason.

This is the error(s) I get

ASSERT: 0
at ./LvCommon/LvSaturateController.c:130, task Evf
lv:1 mode:4

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2013Mar01.6D112
Mercurial changeset   : 4e7d166f0bfe+ (unified) tip
Built on 2013-03-02 04:43:50 by user@D610.
Free Memory  : 450K + 1979K

ASSERT: ControlIso <= LVGAIN_MAX_ISO
at ./LvCommon/LvGainController.c:837, task Evf
lv:1 mode:4

Magic Lantern version : v2.3.NEXT.2013Mar01.6D112
Mercurial changeset   : 4e7d166f0bfe+ (unified) tip
Built on 2013-03-02 04:43:50 by user@D610.
Free Memory  : 450K + 3004K

Ok, this is from expo sim being on + expo override being auto.

Turns into error 80 so might be related to tethering, phone app still froze but seemed to last longer.  Problem on 5d3 too?

Warren

Aha! Your last comment was the key. Wifi was on. As soon as I turned that off, menus came back.

Somehow through the course of reading the entire thread I must have missed that detail.

Thank you!

So, now that I've got it working... :)

Seeing something I don't remember from  the T3i build.

In focus peaking, there are marching ants at the top and bottom of the screen, as if it is doing detection on the screen edges. Also, the framerate seems much lower than I recall. Could these things be related?

Edit: I realized I'm using your preset with alpha blending instead of blinking dots. Don't know if the question is still relevant since the description notes that it lags. :P