Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

It generates a generic 0x54 event so pretty useless.

QuoteSo no dual iso? Ever?

Every cam I have, there are only a few values for iso and the extra channels are missing. I'll of course try some more but I don't have high hopes.

csoller

Hi folks, this may be a tad a off... I read the topic on a daily basis, but have not found any news about 1.1.3 bootability recently.

Is this something impossible to do right now? Is there a chance that 1.1.4 or whatever comes next will be fully compatible with ML and we wont need to use 1.1.2 to make our cards bootable?

Thanks! :)

ilguercio

I am on 1.1.3...
You just need 1.1.2 to set the bootflag, once you've done that (one single time) there is no difference.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.
Proud supporter of Magic Lantern.

Virindi

Please don't hit me if my idea is stupid: how about faking a dual iso with 2 quick liveview captures, each one at different iso.

kgv5

For this You have HDR mode, it alternates iso values, say one frame iso 100, next iso 1600, can be very useful but produces some motion artifacts. It is great though, i've been using it a lot.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

Virindi

Yes, I understand, but you could capture just only 2 frames as fast as possible to make it more like a photo.
I will do one test tomorow with highest HDR RAW video resolution and highest framerate, and combine the first 2 DNGs.

1%

You can already do that with photo HDR or video HDR. Dual ISO is I think 2 isos in 1 exposure.

noisyboy

What's good 6Dizzle peeps!? Been out the game working away for a while so god knows what's happened the last few weeks (that's a lot of board to read in 3/4 weeks). Anything new that needs help testing?

8)

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: noisyboy on August 03, 2013, 02:28:26 AM
What's good 6Dizzle peeps!? Been out the game working away for a while so god knows what's happened the last few weeks (that's a lot of board to read in 3/4 weeks). Anything new that needs help testing?

8)

Well did you hear about the dual iso?

noisyboy

Yeah I kept an eye on it as much as I could! Seriously cool work but not holding out much hope for my trusty 6D. Might breath a little life back into my old 7D yet though eh! Saw that A1ex had located the raw buffers :) Nice work all round! Standard procedure  8)

xNiNELiVES

Yeah I sold my 6D for a 5D2. I can record 1880x940 continuous but I can't set a minimum shutter speed (yet) for photos! Well at least the pros outweigh the cons...

Virindi

Quote from: 1% on August 03, 2013, 12:03:21 AM
You can already do that with photo HDR or video HDR. Dual ISO is I think 2 isos in 1 exposure.
Yes of course, but I mean a real HDR photo it's not as quick as 2 captures from LV, which is not as quick as the real dual ISO... oh well.. I guess it was a silly idea, it doesn't work with a slow shutter speed anyway. hehe.

Virindi

So here is my test of a fake an "instant" HDR photo using 2 RAW HDR video frames at maximum resolution and FPS. iso 100 / 1600
Handheld with a 100mm lens.

oscaroo

Hey 1% n co.
I was out travelling with the fam these last few days and have experienced a few crashes.
Logs are at:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/syogzdreypjre2f/rbMS0D3eDQ

I'll have them there for a week or three.

In one instance, I took a photo and started an audio tag. Then I stopped the audio tag and it started playing back, but, I didn't want it to play back so I wanted to shut it up prematurely. So I switched off the camera and the audio that was playing became chipmunk, ended, and the camera crashed.

Another time where it crashed, I was trying to do a video and it crashed. I think it was cos I accidentally had it set to record wav separate to vid and it wouldn't end recording a video - instead it would crash. It also crashed later doing a second video with normal wav recording - ie not separate.

*shrug

Thanks nonethless, i'm still a happy customer.

1%

I see some memory errors which I haven't before, have to figure out how to reproduce them.

Then a bunch of times it couldn't create the wav file.

Try latest build thats up and see if there is a consistent way to crash out.

These are the interesting ones. From task manager? Some property? NPE?

ASSERT: IS_ERROR( Err ) == FALSE
at ./Multicast/PropertyMgr.c:50, task AeWb
lv:1 mode:3

ASSERT: IS_ERROR( Err ) == FALSE
at ./Multicast/PropertyMgr.c:50, task clock_task
lv:1 mode:0

oscaroo

Gday.

I'll update once I'm home. I won't update to the new version while on hols in case it regresses.
Once I'm home i'll have another mini holiday two weeks later, so i'll work the 6d hard again.

1%

electrichobo

so the shoot is over from last weekend, we weren't shooting raw, a few issues, but ill credit that mostly to the shitty cards the producers bought.

* Could not get guide track audio to record on the clip.  in Normal or Separate WAV settings - clearly I was doing something wrong, but Id like to know what.  the guide track was to help the editor sync in addition to the slate.  he said that occasionally there would be the wav files on the card (separate wav setting) yet they all read 6mins :15 seconds and were blank/empty

* the framerate override didn't work, or appear to do anything (which is fine, we just did a base canon OS 60fps) but I'm probably using this wrong as well - is there a hidden step im missing other then enabling & setting the rate and whatnot within the submenu?

[6D] ADTG Shutter build.

1%

The wav should work, you see the file name on the screen when it records. External mic or internal mic? I just recorded 2 of them and I used the sound recorder to do adr with an external.

Also should note, one problem I had was the mono jack I was using kept disconnecting and causing blank/empty wavs. I could easily see it until I played back the sound files and killed the meters.

FPS should also change the FPS, it does here. Look at the top right corner you should see fps.

ilguercio

If you play the WAV from camera everything is good.
If you play it on the computer they all have a lenght of 6 min and 15 sec and if you try and scroll further to the end you get an error.
I don't understand it :/
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.
Sigma 70-200 EX OS HSM, Sigma 70-200 Apo EX HSM, Samyang 14 2.8, Samyang 35 1.4, Samyang 85 1.4.

1%

Hmm.. open it with audacity (or sound forge, sonar, pro-tools?) and re-save first.

The header is static so the real length isn't in there and may confuse plain old wav players.

ilguercio

Quote from: 1% on August 06, 2013, 03:12:51 AM
Hmm.. open it with audacity (or sound forge, sonar, pro-tools?) and re-save first.

The header is static so the real length isn't in there and may confuse plain old wav players.
Cool, i didn't know this.
Canon EOS 6D, 60D, 50D.

electrichobo

right, but recording seperate is another step for our editor/assist editor - all Im looking for is the audio married to the video track, not separate so that its a quicker sync to the externaly recorded audio.  the internal mic is fine as its mostly there to just hear the slate.

1%

You can't do flush rate or gop + embedded audio, nor fps override. Otherwise its should work from canon menus as normal (even at like 120Mb/s +). To get those 3 I have to figure out how to patch the audio so the sync functions don't crash the camera.

The begining of the wavs should be in sync with the start of the video clip. After a while they seem to drift someone said that it was in sync with 25P and 600D TL1 working with all audio functions in 25p seems to support that. Alternately I think you can change the wav length to like 103%... if you beep 2 separate times throughout the clip you can probably get figure out the stretch/skew, it should be the same every time.

I also can't just turn on embedded audio for like 3 seconds and turn it off, same crash issue. I can mute it but it will keep writing a blank stream/or crashing.

P.S. this isn't a 6D exclusive issue.. every camera looks affected by it.

fauxtographer

Hey, does anyone know how to make a custom version of ML? I will explain.

I don't have a use for RAW in my professional life, or intervalometer or anything other than Focus Peaking and On screen audio meters.

Is there are way I can get someone to help me just narrow ML down to those features? Or is it an all or nothing thing.
6D | 24-105 f/4 | 70-200 f/4 | 28 - 35 - 50 - 50 - 135 |