Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

Quoteyou add 1410

Didn't we try this res and it was bad?

That FPS behavior makes sense... but what is FPS in photo mode? It should show you in the override menu I guess.

teo770

Quote from: 1% on May 18, 2013, 06:41:34 PM
That FPS behavior makes sense... but what is FPS in photo mode? It should show you in the override menu I guess.

Same in photo and video modes.

But i just discovered a new thing....
I make all my tests in a personnal mode C2, which is a copy of the M mode in my cam.
Both in photo & video mode, if i use liveview inside with bulb lighting, C2 and M are not acting the same at all !

In C2, liveview seems 24 or 25p, clean image, in M liveview is running at 30p (can see light waves) !
In M mode FPS override tells it's 24p but i can see the liveview is in 30p !
So... using personal modes... we wouldn't need FPS override to get real 24p ?
My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

1%

So I guess does lots of  weird stuff in pal mode? I always use C1p, C2m or something like that for safety. Zoom and photo is always 30P for me set to NTSC.

teo770

Perhaps you sould try C2m in PAL to see if it's acting the same as mine ?
Diferently than M mode i mean.

Perhaps it's only a LV shooting convenience only.... showing 25p, but ML recording 30p. That's possible ? No IMO cause you are recording liveview frames... at liveview's fps.
My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

1%

Look at what the timers say in FPS override I guess.

teo770

Mode C2m
Photo mode: timer A 532 (-14) timer B 2005 (+49)
Video mode: the same

Mode M: same timers
Photo mode: timer A 532 timer B 2005
Video mode: timer A 532 timer B 2005

It's chinese to me
Don't want to bother, just whiling to see if it could help in devs.
If it's just a weird acting due to PAL, forget that.

1%

Override it and it will say xxfps out of XX fps.

ManixLiquid

Ok. I'm kinda lost to how to update to 113.

I currently have the developer firmware (1.1.2) and ML firmware (6D-112.fir) installed. To upgrade to 113, I upgrade to camera to 1.1.3 (developer). Now is there a ML 6D-113.fir or I simply reinstall 6D-112.fir?

Once I upgraded ML, there is a lot of files on bitbuckets. Do I update each files one by one (or all together?)
BlackMagic Camera & Canon EOS 6D w/ Zeiss Distagon 35mm & 50mm, Sigma 10mm-20mm.

1%

Once you have the bootflag set on 112 and you're using ML you can just put 113 file on the card and upgrade. Then when its done turn off the camera and get the latest 113 bin to make ML work again.

ManixLiquid

Quote from: 1% on May 18, 2013, 07:53:39 PM
Once you have the bootflag set on 112 and you're using ML you can just put 113 file on the card and upgrade. Then when its done turn off the camera and get the latest 113 bin to make ML work again.

Ok. Sorry to bother you again but...

1) Which 113/113 bin files precisely? I look at bitbucket and theres like 50 files on it.

2) Where do I put the RAW files on the card? Root?  On Modules? Or ML?
BlackMagic Camera & Canon EOS 6D w/ Zeiss Distagon 35mm & 50mm, Sigma 10mm-20mm.

1%

Latest is greatest in theory.

113/112/developer fir are all fir files.

ManixLiquid

I updated the camera. Just a few problems. One, display infos (iso, aperture, grid, picstyle) doesnt come up in normal mode. I have to use ML to see them.

Second, I have RAW files missing when I tried to loads the modules (raw_lv_disable. raw_set_geometry)

1%

Info's come up from the info button. You can either have ML or info... H/s is set to block canon drawing by design.

Raw files missing? Its in movie tab: raw video.

ManixLiquid

I get a tcc: error: underfined symbol (all the raw stuff: raw_force_aspect_ratio, raw_info. etc) with [E] failed to link modules.

Yeah, I press info but noting comes up.

1%

You need to make sure MAGIC.SYM and autoexec.bin version match.

ManixLiquid

Ok. Nice. It worked. The only thing is I have a blue sky like bar at the bottom of the screen that wont go away. Something called kel? And I can't record more then 4 seconds in normal mode.

Now, how do I record RAW? I put up ML, then LV, and record?

teo770

Go in ML menus, M choice, then Load modules now
Then ML Movie menu, last choice, RAW video, btn SET
Btn Q to set a width and height dipending of your SD card speed, try 1360x580 first
Quit ML menu then hit Start/stop recording as usual

sparedog

Quote from: teo770 on May 18, 2013, 11:33:39 PM
Go in ML menus, M choice, then Load modules now
Then ML Movie menu, last choice, RAW video, btn SET
Btn Q to set a width and height dipending of your SD card speed, try 1360x580 first
Quit ML menu then hit Start/stop recording as usual

I seem to have to do this after every power down. Is this how it works at the moment?

1%

You can set the modules to load at startup.

benratner

Can someone please tell me where I can download the 6D 1.1.2 firmware?  I'm on 1.1.3 and want to downgrade so I can install ML. Thanks.

noisyboy

Quote from: benratner on May 19, 2013, 02:57:32 AM
Can someone please tell me where I can download the 6D 1.1.2 firmware?  I'm on 1.1.3 and want to downgrade so I can install ML. Thanks.

Hey man, if you (and anyone else who wants this) can hold out 'til later on tomorrow bro then I'll be uploading everything you need in a zip and a simple to follow guide for those who don't know where to start with this. Best this way so the Devs can carry in kicking some Magic Lantern Ass :) Just need to test my own guide a few times to make sure I don't ruin anyone's day. Just hold tight a little longer bud :)

Peace!

benratner

Quote from: noisyboy on May 19, 2013, 05:01:53 AM
Hey man, if you (and anyone else who wants this) can hold out 'til later on tomorrow bro then I'll be uploading everything you need in a zip and a simple to follow guide for those who don't know where to start with this. Best this way so the Devs can carry in kicking some Magic Lantern Ass :) Just need to test my own guide a few times to make sure I don't ruin anyone's day. Just hold tight a little longer bud :)

Peace!

Thanks dude!

RYAN2310

Quote from: noisyboy on May 19, 2013, 05:01:53 AM

Peace!

Thank you so much :'(

Versus

can you guys help me out? where can i get the build for the 6d?

Virindi

It took me one hour to figure out how to install with 113, I switched between 112 and 113 at least 3 times trying to figure out if I had to do something in a particular order, that and the EOScard thing, formatting etc... I'm still not 100% sure how I did it but it works.

If someone can make a zip with everything included and a quick step by step guide it will help a lot of people. Then updating the modules and bin is very easy.

Thanks to everyone working on this, you're doing an amazing work.