Tragic Lantern for 6D

Started by 1%, December 24, 2012, 07:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

Can you send me one corrupted video? A small one (30MB or so) should be enough.

kgv5

1504x640,  I tested this and some frame skipping can happen. should be good for slower action though, it gives continous recording so might be usable I think.
Card sandisk extreme 64gb 45mb/s
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

noisyboy

Quote from: a1ex on May 14, 2013, 09:58:47 PM

I have 2 levels of fucked up files at the moment. Openable but scrambled as above or completely unopenable (cannot pars file).

I'll send you a file you can open first.

1%

Ok, so this is whats up with 64 bit.. ie over 4gb.

%d will only print integers so it ends up printing file size over all the integers.

%llu is supposed to work in this application but we don't have that macro. So I'm at a loss as to how to print everything w/ 4gb limit... the only other option is to just disable the limit and let the numbers max out after 4gb.

Ok, so I patched it to reset every 4gb but still continue. Still writes footer to the correct spot it seems. Now just need to recompile binaries for windows.

noisyboy

Quote from: a1ex on May 14, 2013, 09:58:47 PM

a1ex: http://ge.tt/4ro6teg/v/0?c

noisyboy

They look almost like the zoom did before you fixed it with this:

Quote from: a1ex on May 09, 2013, 09:53:18 PM
Ah, FPS_TIMER_A_MIN or FPS_TIMER_B_MIN is too low.

Prob has sod all to do with it though.

1%

Incorrect pitch/horizontal resolution.

DTSET123

1504x640 no good on Sandisk Extreme 128Gb 45MB- skips

noisyboy

Quote from: 1% on May 14, 2013, 10:39:47 PM
Incorrect pitch/horizontal resolution.

Cool! Okay - so just to clarify, for now this is what we are calling a fucked resolution?  :)

1%

Frame skips are OK.. .busted frames like what you showed are not OK. So those come out.

Can you bench the 128GB card... I've wanted one for a while and seems like sandisk is the winner here.  Wonder about patriot EP pro but the price isn't nice. So far regular EP and Samsung are duds.

noisyboy

kgv5

Damn, almost the same as 45mb/s  :(

Checked mine 45 again with LV photo this time:

best write speed  was 38,6 for buffer=16384.

teo770

Carreful, bench values are different when in video mode. Don't know why.
And for now, frame skipping is ok but i shot threes in the wind this afternoon and..... i think you won't find it ok anymore !

Alex, 1%, what is the frame buffer size when recording raw video please ?
My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

a1ex

Select some huge resolution to find out.

teo770

OK, "threes in the wind": http://ge.tt/2UsyIfg/v/0?c
1504x600, just autoWB modification

The problem is in the lower right part. I don't think it's a macro block issue, rather too many skipped frames. Cause it happends on a regular basis. No ?
And in the center of the frame, i think it's a nice aliasing issue in the three ?
No problem with leafs at least !
My gear: CANON 6D / 40mm f2.8 STM / 20mm f2.8 / 24-105 f4 IS / Flash 90EX / Grip BG-E13

1%

I've had some luck using 720P buffer with override. I can record higher verticals with it. Its less crop too but I dunno how bad the moire gets on the raw.

So 1504 is hit or miss? The 1440 works... back to the days of HDV :)

noisyboy

Quote from: 1% on May 15, 2013, 12:11:33 AM
I've had some luck using 720P buffer with override. I can record higher verticals with it. Its less crop too but I dunno how bad the moire gets on the raw.

So 1504 is hit or miss? The 1440 works... back to the days of HDV :)

Nice work. please share your wisdom oh mighty sage :)

1504x600 works perfectly for me. As in no frame skips, continuous recording with no tearing up to the 4GB limit.

noisyboy

Just to summarize my findings so far as it all got a bit lost in the thread:

*all based on tests with global draw off (for what it counts).

1540 = good (with no skipping up to and including 600(h)
1280 = good
1738 = bad (fucked image)
1644 = bad (fucked image)

Back on the testing now anyway (sorry, had to spend a couple hours with my girlfreind before she thinks I'm running off with a load of dudes on a forum).

Gonna try 1598(w) again now as had mixed results.

noisyboy

Quote from: teo770 on May 15, 2013, 12:01:38 AM
OK, "threes in the wind": http://ge.tt/2UsyIfg/v/0?c
1504x600, just autoWB modification

The problem is in the lower right part. I don't think it's a macro block issue, rather too many skipped frames. Cause it happends on a regular basis. No ?
And in the center of the frame, i think it's a nice aliasing issue in the three ?
No problem with leafs at least !

Great test dude :)

For me (and I'm probably just being picky here) I can see a lot of discoloration from aliasing artifacts particularly in the middle tree (with no leaves). Maybe it was bought out more in my own test by motion from the dolly pan I did?

Again - probably just bein' picky but I'm still convinced (if only a little) that the artifacts appear worse from RAW data. Probably because it's cleaner though and has lost no detail from the compression which would make it appear softer.

On the other hand, Amazing to see how much detail can be retained though :)

noisyboy

Anyone here with a Mac and Final Cut care to give this free anti-moire plugin a try? If it works (apparently it's rather good) I might look into reproducing the same results in AE. Guess it's just chromatic blur or something right? Might save a lot of our poor 6D footage.

The only time I wish I have a Mac :P

http://colorbyjorg.wordpress.com/plugins/

1%

You don't need a mac... just put OSX on your PC.

My wisdom is I bought a crappy card and wondering if I should return it and just buy the sandisk... that extra 10MB really hurts.

kgv5

Quote from: 1% on May 15, 2013, 01:36:33 AM
You don't need a mac... just put OSX on your PC.

My wisdom is I bought a crappy card and wondering if I should return it and just buy the sandisk... that extra 10MB really hurts.

So take sandisk 95, you will have possibility to test it with 6d and 600d, who knows, maybe you will find some way to put more data through SD controller...

1%

The sandisk 95 isn't going to gain anything over the sandisk 45 here... maybe on the "8D" or some future camera that supports UHS-208mhz. I can probably get 2 64gb cards or the 128 for the price of a 32gb "pro". At that patriot's 50MB/s card seems worth trying... it would be like 45MB I guess... seems with these manufacturers its like take off 5 or 10 MB from the rating.