Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

QuoteThere is "logically" something wrong with how ML handles the info from this lens.

Probably ML is using some memory area that canon wants to use and some task/process hangs.

I'd say sure, use ANYTHING better and chuck it in the bin but this lens comes with a lot of EOS-Ms and/or costs like $150+.

AnthonyEngelken

Quote from: gary2013 on September 03, 2013, 10:27:54 PMthe forum is here for "all of us" to help fix and test things for ML. NOT to debate about who's lens is better. There are plenty of other forums to have those pissing contests.

Sorry, just got off topic; my apologies.

1%

Not sure, I can try to figure out the USB bug, maybe its related to the same thing. I had this on 6D where something wasn't patched right and wifi/usb would lock up on 112.

gravitatemediagroup

sorry if I missed this in a previous post,  am I supposed to delete another file when adding the DuelISO mod. 
I'm assuming it went in the mod folder, or does it go on the root? 

Malakai

Just had a thought. I never noticed the 18-55 efm shutter bug when i was loading the firmware via FW menu. Before the bootloading version. Perhaps there is something during bootloading that is causing the problem.
Hunting for that elusive EOS M shutterbug!!

nanomad

@1%: What boot method are you using on the M?
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Malakai

@1%
I just noticed in post #248 you managed to up a new autoexec file that fixed the bug for jupiter55. I tried that autoexec on the latest bootloading version but i just get flashing sd light and have to pull the battery to reset.

Canon eos m

Quote from: jerrykil on September 03, 2013, 02:31:59 AM
I hate to bother the devs with my trivial problems but I'm so excited to try dualiso that i had to post :P. I have the module working but im on a mac and the build of cr2hdr that i compiled from the ML source isn't working. I know 1% posted a windows binary, so I pulled it up in my wine, however, the dcraw 9.19 isn't running under wine. Is there a trick to compiling it correctly? Am I using the wrong source?

You guys rock

Edit: tried building form TL-6D tree, too. same error...

Edit: so i got it a dcraw.exe 9.19 (http://www.centrostudiprogressofotografico.it/en/dcraw/) working in wine, but i still get the same error as i would running the native built one: Interlacing method not supported

Hi, I downloaded dcraw 9.19 but did but no relief. The dual-ISO photo will not convert with cr2hdr.exe.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

Malakai

Can ML do HDR h.264 video? Ive been using the Film Picture style but if i could get HDR too that would be fantastic!

Edit: found it ;)

1%

Quote@1%: What boot method are you using on the M?

6D method. I have to double check restart address and the 2 locations but it looks right. It uses malloc for bvram but without it the kit lens still locks.

QuoteBefore the bootloading version.

It was still booting the same just exploiting the FW menu first to restart.

tetsu

A totally unrelated question. I´ve been using the EOS M for timelapses and the intervalometer is one of the best ML features for me.

Is there a way to disable the liveview while taking photos on the EOS M using the the intervalometer of ML? I cant find a way to turn the liveview off, and the screen drains the battery so fast specially when doing timelapses.

Canon eos m

Quote from: 1% on September 02, 2013, 07:24:52 PM
So maybe false alarm about the video:

9-2-CR2hdr-Raw2dng-EOSM.zip (72 KB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!5sRilQJb!bs1pIFbAFwxt7unCkIl3wm2VQbIyhn9fbXB_rsC-auQ

These are correctly built cr2hdr.exe and raw2dng.exe.. you need your own dcraw (9.19 is the latest) and exiftool.

Still says black subtraction failed but the files are coming out... I had lots of trouble using "other" versions. Dunno if you'll have all the libraries, built on mingw + mysys system win7x64.

Hi 1% please teach me to extract dual iso CR2's from the EOS M to dng.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

1%

I don't think you can disable the screen completely. Power save with the shortcut might black it out, just set a dim/off value too and then hit info.

Post a Cr2, the utility worked for me on both LV and photo.

Another attempt to fix the lens issue, change boot to copy and restart. It doesn't fix the USB but try with the kit lens:

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/EOSM-COPY.zip

tetsu

Quote from: 1% on September 04, 2013, 03:46:37 PM
I don't think you can disable the screen completely. Power save with the shortcut might black it out, just set a dim/off value too and then hit info.

Post a Cr2, the utility worked for me on both LV and photo.

Another attempt to fix the lens issue, change boot to copy and restart. It doesn't fix the USB but try with the kit lens:

https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/EOSM-COPY.zip

I´ve tried, it worked the fist time then after restarting the camera locks up i have to remove the battery to boot it again. Do i have to flash the firmware again? There´s a EOSM_202.sym on your zip file, I dont know if i have to change the extension to fir.

zuzukasuma

Quote from: tetsu on September 04, 2013, 08:13:20 PM
I´ve tried, it worked the fist time then after restarting the camera locks up i have to remove the battery to boot it again. Do i have to flash the firmware again? There´s a EOSM_202.sym on your zip file, I dont know if i have to change the extension to fir.

EOSM_202.sym' is for putting in to ML\modules folder

carl.
in a complicated relationship with eos m.

tetsu

Quote from: zuzukasuma on September 04, 2013, 08:15:54 PM
EOSM_202.sym' is for putting in to ML\modules folder

carl.

thanks, now i can´t shoot pictures even after turning it off then on quickly, reverting to previous version.

zuzukasuma

Quote from: tetsu on September 04, 2013, 08:38:39 PM
thanks, now i can´t shoot pictures even after turning it off then on quickly, reverting to previous version.

new version doesn't require such action like flash reboot.
in a complicated relationship with eos m.

1%

It didn't have any problems like that unless stuff is copied to wrong locations... but if the lens still doesn't work its not the boot method.

1%

So the boot method isn't the problem.. with copy and restart it lets you come back from that sensor cleaning but still not shut down... I'd log it but at that point logging doesn't work... you can't touch shoot mem or stack space and they are 0.

tetsu

Quote from: zuzukasuma on September 04, 2013, 08:42:58 PM
new version doesn't require such action like flash reboot.

i mean that the problem is still present, and even with this version i cant seem to shoot anything.