Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malakai

bummer, its a pita to use that lens having to powercycle just to get shots. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Thanks for all your help 1%

Edit:

I was hoping that the log would show the difference between the shutter not activating and activating when using the cycle/remove lens trick too.
Hunting for that elusive EOS M shutterbug!!

a1ex

Does the lens problem happen without ML?

If not, it's easy to troubleshoot: just disable ML components one by one (or all of them, then enable one by one).

Malakai

lens is fine without ML, ive not tried disabling components one at a time though. Ill try it now.

Malakai

ive just tried it with everything off including modules and with just the modules loaded and its still not activating the shutter.

1%

I think you'd have to take features out 1 by one and recompile.

Malakai

that sounds like a lot of work. shame the logs we posted cant narrow it down a little.

Malakai

where can i get the updated modules, im getting v2.0 expected v3.0
ETTR.MO
FILE_MAN.MO
PIC_VIEW.MO
RAW_REC.MO

1%

Maybe its related to the USB problem where the camera goes freezy when you pull usb.

Malakai

1% Is it just you working on this version of ML?

1%

See for me connecting to my linux pc it doesn't do the cleaning message... and I got LV on with cache hacks while USB is connected. Dunno what the EOS utility will do now, have to try it. Won't let you access the currently used folder.

tetsu

Quote from: 1% on September 03, 2013, 04:20:28 PM
I looked and still can't find anything that's actually an error. I dunno whats up with just this particular lens.

I´ve been having this problem also, the strange thing is when I installed ML everything worked fine, after a day of use the problem started (unable to shoot a picture using the 18-55 kit lens), the only way to overcome the bug is to turn the camera off then turn it on in less than 2 seconds, sometimes this does not work and you have to repeat the process several times in order to shoot some pictures, its extremely annoying. I´m getting an adapter and I will try to reproduce this error with EF lenses.

But all of this is normal given this is alpha software! Thanks for the great work 1%!

1%

I used the adapter and wasn't able to reproduce it with lenses other than this one. Above even IS lenses were used and working so its just something this lens does special.

tetsu

Quote from: 1% on September 03, 2013, 09:06:53 PM
I used the adapter and wasn't able to reproduce it with lenses other than this one. Above even IS lenses were used and working so its just something this lens does special.

perhaps its something related to the fact that this lens have focus and IS that are enabled or disabled electronically, unlike other EF or EF-S lenses.

zuzukasuma

hey folks, I'm sure you all have ef/ef-s to ef-m adapter, if you don't have it'll be 50$ on ebay (chinese copy) and many of you have other crop sensor canon cameras, 550D, 600D, 60D, use a normal EF-S 18-55 IS II (which costs $50 to $100, new STM is $150 I think).

there is obviously something wrong with EF-M 18-55 IS STM.
in a complicated relationship with eos m.

AnthonyEngelken

Quote from: zuzukasuma on September 03, 2013, 10:04:42 PMthere is obviously something wrong with EF-M 18-55 IS STM.

It's a super dark lens, to boot; f/3.5 maximum? No thanks.

zuzukasuma

Quote from: AnthonyEngelken on September 03, 2013, 10:08:41 PM
It's a super dark lens, to boot; f/3.5 maximum? No thanks.

do you know what I'm talking about? check older posts about that 18-55 STM EF-M lens.
in a complicated relationship with eos m.

AnthonyEngelken

Quote from: zuzukasuma on September 03, 2013, 10:09:39 PMdo you know what I'm talking about? check older posts about that 18-55 STM EF-M lens.

I've never owned that lens, myself. Wasn't interested, just bought the body and an ef adapter.