Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

I've only had it 5d3 raw type, no af_raw or anything and af_raw. I guess next thing to try would be marking the "bad" pixels and doing it that way.

qsara

well, I've tried all the combinations, permutations etc. but no luck for higher cache on EOS M. still recording good RAW video though. I'll record more tomorrow.

gamentine

Fiddling with the intervalometer and I have a question,

Is there a way to force the screen off while it takes pictures?
I have the intervalometer set to 10 seconds start at 30 seconds
powersave lcd and global draw off after 5 seconds

Canon menu lcd powersave at 15 seconds
and Canon power off at 5 minutes.

The lcd turns off after 5 seconds, and then powers up to take a picture, and repeats.

vstrglv

Quote from: gamentine link=topic=3648.msg51131#msg51131 date=

Wit
h the latest update, my EOS M does not have the 18-55mm lens lockup.
Please upload your autoexec.bin and Modules dir somewhere. I got an error for updating
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

a1ex

gamentine: this was fixed a few days ago: the display turns on, takes the picture, then turns off right away. Image review should be off.

Can you upload a video?

vstrglv

Today ML for EOSM updated successfully on WIN7. Will test.
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

1%

I'll have to test the dot remover in the other thread an then maybe we can have no raw type or anything again and remove dots that way. Also might work to mark them bad in raw file since there is supposed to be a mechanism, raw2dng might take them out automatically then.

a1ex

Set them as 0 in the raw data, this means "bad pixel".

1%

Yup, need to make the list like on 650D or just use 650D list because the sensors appear to be the same.

jerrykil

I am really enjoying HDR video right now w/ a ffmpeg + enfuse workflow. 720p/60hz with 3.5x CBR seems pretty stable and looks great IMO. I haven't worked out a workflow for raw yet, but the menu says 1152x400 will shoot continuous at 23MB/s at ~29.9FPS on my class 10 UHC 1 95MB/s card.

Overall this is totally usable and enjoyable, but ML menu shuts down randomly and canon LV sprites pop up while in ML menu, particularly the EV meter graphic.

I am very grateful for the work you guys have put into this. My HDR videos look phenomenal!

1%

Yea, the sprites draw on the menu sometimes. Canon really made this camera annoying.

Before the menu was disabled while recording even.

qsara

anyway to keep ML menu open longer? it takes sometimes 3-5sec to go live-view, I'm no longer able to use screenshot for settings, using my other camera to capture the setting I'm recording on.

qsara

noticed something yesterday, recovering from low-lights can be really noisy even at ISO100, have we changed anything on the code :\

RAW Frame

Result

1%

I think ML menu times out with the canon dialog, I'll have to check. Nothing changed in regard to noise... its all the camera.

qsara

I see, I've tried both photo & video mode, its all noisy. try to capture scenes with more light from now on. thanks.

feureau

Hi everyone!

So, I just got an EOS M and read this entire thread, but I got a bit confused. Basically, I want to try the latest ML for EOS-M.

I tried downloading the alpha 1 and overwrite some files from: https://bitbucket.org/OtherOnePercent/tragic-lantern-6d/downloads/[EOSM]%20Check%20unsquee.zip

But the camera wouldn't recognize the .fir

I think I'm doing it wrong. Is the alpha 1 the latest ML? (if not where can I find it? It doesn't seem to be on the nightly, do I need to compile my own?)

Thanks in advance

1%

Boot flag it with alpha 1 first to where that boots and then replace files.

So where do I mark the pixels as bad?

ifd1[BADPIXEL_OPCODE_INDEX].type &= ~T_SKIP;
        // Set CFAPattern value
        switch (camera_sensor.cfa_pattern)
        {
        case 0x02010100:
            badpixel_opcode[BADPIX_CFA_INDEX] = BE(1);              // BayerPhase = 1 (top left pixel is green in a green/red row)
            break;
        case 0x01020001:
            badpixel_opcode[BADPIX_CFA_INDEX] = BE(0);              // BayerPhase = 0 (top left pixel is red)
            break;
        case 0x01000201:
            badpixel_opcode[BADPIX_CFA_INDEX] = BE(3);              // BayerPhase = 3 (top left pixel is blue)
            break;
        case 0x00010102:
            badpixel_opcode[BADPIX_CFA_INDEX] = BE(2);              // BayerPhase = 2 (top left pixel is green in a green/blue row)
            break;
        }

Here?

Any way to get them by color instead of listing them all?

Also no bad pixels in zoom mode... I'll add an enter zoom mode button to force it.. but preview is missing display filter sync so its lacking.

nanomad

Quote from: 1% on June 19, 2013, 04:11:21 PM
Any way to get them by color instead of listing them all?

That would be a really bad idea. Altough you can hack the bad pixels check to support it
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Canon eos m

Can anyone please tell me how to change the aperture directly from the camera when the camera is in M mode. Can only manage to change using the ML menu. Making me mad.

Is there any way to override the ML menu?

How do I get to record at 4000-8000 fps on the EOS M?

Responses appreciated.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

feureau

Quote from: 1% on June 19, 2013, 04:11:21 PM
Boot flag it with alpha 1 first to where that boots and then replace files.

Hmm... I think I did something stupid.

I used EOScard to bootflag the card, and copied Alpha 1 to it. Then I pop the card to my camera, and update firmware. It loads up and says it's bootflagged and I can turn off the camera. I turn it off, and it loads up just fine, but no ML. (two finger tapped)

I then copied the check unsquee.zip files in and my camera wouldn't power up now even with a different card. The green light blinks repeatedly. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's back alive and running alpha 1! :D Thanks for the instructions

qsara

I don't know if you're following other threads like me or not but someone actually partitioned the buffer of 550D and made it capable of recording more frames with same resolution, here is the post;

Quote from: xaint on June 19, 2013, 04:34:39 PM

To be honest :), I also thought, that the more buffers are better, even if the overall size isn't bigger, I don't know why I haven't tried so far: D, but here it is:

Some really quick test results here, on 550D with SanDisk ExtremePro 16GB, 1280x426 @ 24fps:

SortingBuffers                                               FramesSeconds
asc8Mb+31Mb+31Mb317~13
desc16Mb+16Mb+15Mb+15Mb+8Mb1326~55
asc8Mb+15Mb+15Mb+16Mb+16Mb1395~58
none15Mb+15Mb+16Mb+16Mb+8Mb1326~55

Try and let me know:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rkq9kh63po8xxg4/ML_550D_Xaint.rar

Great findings by the way a1ex, I'm still experimenting with this, and with your speedsym.py script.. looks like it worth the try :) thanks!

EDIT (9 x 8Mb):

SortingBuffers                                                                         FramesSeconds
-8Mb+8Mb+8Mb+8Mb+8Mb+8Mb+8Mb+8Mb+8Mb1565~65

do you think it is possible on EOS M?

1%

I already sort the buffers... I dunno how he cut them up, will check. I think it works opposite for us, larger is better, but needs more testing.

If I can split them up I'll try some diff configs.

qsara

@%1, according to your post about 50D, maybe it fell on EOS M too. worth to try though.

GizmoWu

I just bought the EOS M and looking forward to some great hacks on this. I have ML and donated for usage on my 550D in the past and loved it.

I wonder if there will be hack to increase the autobracketing feature from 3 frames up to 5 or 7?