Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1%

Turn one off in the module menu. One outputs MLV, the other outputs normal RAW files.

Canon eos m

mlv = magic lantern video format developed by g3gg0 and alex. Alternate to RAW, smaller files, faster. Requires mlv2dng.exe to convert mlv frames into dng frames.
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

Canon eos m

Quote from: 1% on September 14, 2013, 05:23:44 PM
Loaded both raw_rec and mlv_rec?

Hi 1%. I have loaded both mlv_rec.mo and raw_rec.mo.
raw_rec working fine (with mlv_rec disabled)
mlv_rec not working (with rec_rec disabled)

What am I going wrong?
Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

1%

It should work with raw rec disabled... what's it doing?

FYI MLV isn't faster.

Canon eos m

Quote from: gary2013 on September 14, 2013, 07:49:51 PM
Canon eos m
thank you. does it work using the M camera? any specific write speed for the memory card? I so, I will try it out.

gary

It is supposed to work now. I cannot get it working. When you load the latest modules two files give you the ability to record raw video (I) mlv_rec.mo & (II) raw_rec.mo.

When you are using one 'off' the other in the module activation menu. Then poweroff and poweron your camera. This should get you started.

MLV boosts camera speed. You should be able to record bigger frames with MLV activated.

Canon eos m

Quote from: 1% on September 14, 2013, 07:51:10 PM

FYI MLV isn't faster.

Sorry, thought it was in the sense of the 5DM3 giving the camera the ability to harness both the SD and CF cards and producing speeds in excess of 110mb/s. Thought this is what it does to the M too.

I have the raw_rec disabled. But no action on pressing the REC or Menu buttons. Camera does nothing.

1%

Strange... I did test it on M and 6D. Do you have SD and CF on eosM? Only 5DIII benefits from that. This module needs an update anyway, its not in the ML repo and g3ggo made some changes... I see commits from last few days.

Canon eos m

Quote from: 1% on September 14, 2013, 07:51:10 PM

FYI MLV isn't faster.

Do the mlv files show up as *.MOV files?

1%

Its probably recording H264 if you're getting mov files... same for the lag. Maybe something is messed up in what was compiled.

1%

You probably need a newer built MLV rec. Its triggering H264 + raw or just H264 and the one on my camera isn't.

1%

You'd have to build it, I didn't put one up yet and it really should get the updated stuff from g3gg0's repo.

1%

I wouldn't really worry about it at this point as its

A. Slower
B. Only real benefit is meta data right now.

Canon eos m

Quote from: 1% on September 14, 2013, 08:51:11 PM
I wouldn't really worry about it at this point as its

A. Slower
B. Only real benefit is meta data right now.

gary2013 - I agree that raw_rec.mo is solid enough for now. It gives you ability to record RAW and should meet all your requirements in post processing video. Good luck using ML!

feureau

Quote from: gary2013 on September 14, 2013, 11:39:01 PM
Canon eos m,
Thank you, but no thanks. I am done with ML. Good luck "trying" to use ML. I prefer to work with professional people who understand respect. Do not take this personally, I am not talking about you.

Gary

Good bye! :D Don't come back!