Tragic Lantern for EOS M

Started by coutts, April 17, 2013, 01:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BernardDigital

No it dose not take pictures using the intervalometer with the m18-55 lens... It seems to be acting the way it was with the other build I was using... When the countdown gets to zero the camera locks and you have to remove the battery to get control back...

I have been running through the menu's on the m22 and everything seems to work :)

Again many thanks 1% (really cool name btw)

1%

Do any other IS lenses have similar issues? I have nothing with IS to check.

Here is a bin that doesn't use the malloc memory area, still the same?

http://www.filedropper.com/eosmnomalloc

zuzukasuma

Quote from: 1% on September 01, 2013, 12:30:06 AM

I have EF-S 18-55 IS II from 550D kit and it seems to work fine, in fact I'm shooting my all timelapses with it, but I'm using lens twist method after setting up all settings. maybe I'm not experiencing any problems due to that.
in a complicated relationship with eos m.

1%

It will let you take a photo normally though?

zuzukasuma

Quote from: 1% on September 01, 2013, 12:46:55 AM
It will let you take a photo normally though?

yeah, no problem at all. maybe they're trying to take photos on video mode. I'm not able to take photos on video mode

BernardDigital

1%

So IS works, just this one lens... The only other thing that blocks shutter is having crop mode on.

1%

I guess we'll have to keep looking.

Malakai

Quote from: 1% on September 01, 2013, 12:30:06 AM

Here is a bin that doesn't use the malloc memory area, still the same?

http://www.filedropper.com/eosmnomalloc

Yeah still no shutter activation using 18-55
Hunting for that elusive EOS M shutterbug!!

1%

With intervalometer too? AF off/on? Dummy mode/photo mode/movie?

mdwhaley

I too had the no shutter issue with the 18-55, but may have a fix. I uninstalled ML with the lens on and fired the shutter with no ML installed but still on the card. Then installed ML with that lens on the camera. The shutter worked. I switched lenses, shutter worked. Put the 18-55 M back on, still worked.

Try that and see if it helps.

kaos42ze

Does anyone have the camera freeze with ML when going to a picture and trying to get to apply the Creative Filters ?

1%

Its working here. Any more specifics?

dube

Could someone upload UpDaterM.fir to a site other than qfpost.com? That site is down.  Thanks!

Malakai

Quote from: mdwhaley on September 01, 2013, 03:44:42 AM
I too had the no shutter issue with the 18-55, but may have a fix. I uninstalled ML with the lens on and fired the shutter with no ML installed but still on the card. Then installed ML with that lens on the camera. The shutter worked. I switched lenses, shutter worked. Put the 18-55 M back on, still worked.

Try that and see if it helps.

This didnt work for me. :(

gmueller41

switch camera on without lens. Then mount 18-55 and you can make pictures.

sorry for my verry bad english
EOS 650D, EOS-M

zuzukasuma

Quote from: gary2013 on September 01, 2013, 04:34:38 PM
How can we turn the camera on without ML installing, yet keeping the files intact on the memory card? I have tried holding the set button down when turning the camera on, but ML still installs.

Gary

use firmware update to remove ML from camera, files will be stay on the card until you format. check faq for removal instructions

Carl.

1%

QuoteI heard it was bad to switch lenses with the camera turned on.

Maybe not good repeatedly but as a test (and accident) I've done it and nothing happened.

mdwhaley

I had it again. After i shot some RAW video in crop mode the shutter on the 18-55 ef-m would not fire again. With the camera on I removed the lens not even all the way and put it back on and it fires again.

Malakai

Quote from: gary2013 on September 01, 2013, 06:39:16 PM
I just tried it and it works now. But how can we avoid this? what is happening when we do this lens off and on with the camera powered on?
BTW, I am back one version of ML. The one "without" the headphone tab top left.

gary

So with your camera off you powered it up, then connected the lens and then you could shoot. What happens when you power off then back on again? Does the shutter activate still or do you have take the lens off and put it back on to get it to work? If so then id rather just power off and back on within a second to be able to use this lens for now until a fix is found.