Features that are NOT possible - please don't request them

Started by a1ex, May 24, 2012, 02:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noisyboy

Quote from: a1ex on May 24, 2012, 02:02:23 PM
Real-time video processing (e.g. stabilization, sharpness algorithm)
We can't program the image processor. These things can only be done if the functionality is already in Canon firmware (i.e. some parameters that can be tweaked - like in the Image Effects menu).

About that stabilization :) Now that we have cropping and panning the sensor would this be possible with a motion target algorithm?

*you can thank coutts for me annoying you with this  ;)

1%

There is a motion manager in canon fw... maybe it outputs how much the boat is rockin? who knows.

squig

Quote from: a1ex on May 24, 2012, 02:02:23 PM
Features copied from another Canon camera (crop mode recording, clean HDMI out...)
Copying Canon code or functionality may carry legal risk for us. We do respect the Canon company and love their products and we are strict about staying on the right side of the law.

1080p 60fps, 2K, 4K, RAW video...
The best we could do was 1080p 35fps on 60D and 600D. If you request this, you are a 4K troll ;)

Ahh c'mon, surely you can do RAW video...  ;D

Rhinomcgill

Stupid question here... Been reading info like crazy and glued to all the progress you guys have done on the5d mrk iii. I was wondering if it is possible for you guys to encapsulate the raw footage to prores? Or push raw signal out Hdmi? Please don't shoot me! Lol! As being able to capture to a hard drive  externally would be amazing!!! I understand if not possible. Just a question from a big fan and clueless guy with camera that does not know code!

matttes

Its possible to make the HD video about 3K right now, right? Would it not be possible to raise the 720p mode resolution to something near HD while keeping the 50P? (50i HD would be even more difficoult I guess...) Ill donate as hell if 50p will be achieved! :)

budafilms

Could Raw not to be magenta and have the kelvin like you are setting in live view?

squig

Quote from: budafilms on May 26, 2013, 10:24:13 AM
Could Raw not to be magenta and have the kelvin like you are setting in live view?

The devs are aware of the magenta tint. Canon cameras are known to have a magenta tint. I shot some daylight stuff yesterday and I did a -10 tint in ACR which worked pretty well.

budafilms

One more: in Canon Menu - 5D mark III - exist the option to change RAW foto to JPG. Can we do this with RAW video and not wait to do in post?

ajay

Is it possible to add a feature to format cards in-camera using exFAT? (I've been formatting my cards this way in the pc to remove the 4GB file limitation.)

Thanks again for all that you guys have accomplished!

AJ

that1guyy

It says dont' request for 60p 1080p but that was written a while ago right? What was the limiting factor? Processor speed? The 70D has a Digic 5+ processor so is it possible to shoot 60p at 1080p? I'm not even asking for RAW.

blainesuque

How about some sort of synced audio file in RAW? or simotaniously audio recording in camera?

arrinkiiii

I think that is already working, at least in the 5DIII

donjames150

HDR video for the 7D? Sorry if this has already been answered. I did try and find it in other threads.
EOS 760D + 55-250mm + Tokina 11-16mm

1%

I don't know if it will be fast enough to do HDR from slave.

lukan

budafilms

It's time to get Monitoring from 5d Mark III in the veiwfinder and HDMI connected!
Last firmware can do that!

gary2013

Quote from: sfmurph on February 26, 2013, 10:57:00 PM

For video, it might be interesting to allow for loading on-card .pf2 files, but I doubt this would happen.
I was just going to ask this same question. I usually leave the doubt part off and hope for positive. :)

Gary

gary2013

Quote from: blainesuque on September 26, 2013, 08:37:49 AM
How about some sort of synced audio file in RAW? or simotaniously audio recording in camera?

Thejungle

dubzeebass

Did you just post that because you have some sort of limited capacity to read and learn? If so, I understand. If not, maybe you should RTFM.

Audionut

H.264 is performed by a dedicated chip, so no, there will be no H.265.

okuri71

1%

Yea, if you turn down the digital ISO it should be possible now.

a1ex