raw2dng can't convert over 4gigs of raw

Started by rebelx2010, December 04, 2013, 03:42:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebelx2010

Hello everyone,

Been reading this thread about 50d raw recording. I am able to get continues recording on my komputerbay
32 gigs cf card 1000x over 4 gigs (4.19gigs to be exact). Tried to convert to dng files using raw2dng but it can't.
Does anyone have this problem too? Is there another app that can convert raw over 4 gigs? Haven't tried rawanizer yet. I'm on windows os. Thank you in advance.

rebelx2010

Thank you. I already downloaded file joiner/splitter last night. Now all I have to do is rename the files
and merge them and convert them to dng. Thanks again.

Midphase

Does anyone ever bother to read anything around here or do they just hit the "Create Topic" button within the first two seconds of arriving here?

Walter Schulz

Ranting about this is useless because the people you're addressing have to read your advice *before* posting their question.

bnvm

The point is that this question has been asked a thousand times already, a quick search and you would have found your answer with no need to post it again. I mean just google "magiclantern raw 4 gb" and the first hit would have led you straight to the answer.

Walter Schulz

And in which way does this obvious solution help us to avoid postings like the one starting this thread?

bnvm

Quote from: Walter Schulz on December 04, 2013, 06:38:54 PM
Ranting about this is useless because the people you're addressing have to read your advice *before* posting their question.

My bad I was not paying enough attention, I had though this was posted by the O.P. I know what you mean but maybe a newcomer will see one of these rants before making their first post. Wishful thinking I know.

Midphase

I still vote to put new registrants on a probationary period before they're allowed to actually start new thread...as you said though, wishful thinking

a1ex

Proposal (for moderators and veteran users):

- when a duplicate question is asked, just answer with a link to the original thread, and continue the discussion there
- after 2-3 days (maybe more, maybe less), move the duplicate thread to a separate forum area (say Duplicate Questions)
- apply the same cleanup to the existing duplicate threads, or merge threads where there is useful discussion in both of them
- after a while, the Duplicate Questions area should be a very good starting point for creating or updating a FAQ (since you will effectively have a clear list of what is asked often).
- same for feature requests
- users should report duplicate threads to moderator (maybe with a link to the original thread, to make moderator's job easier)

bnvm

That sounds like a good idea, at least its away to get something useful out if it.

Midphase

Can someone make me a moderator? Seriously, I don't know if it's my OCD, but a messy redundant forum drives me nuts and I've already been a moderator on a few different sites. I'd rather the main guys just focus on the important stuff.

Andy600

Quote from: Midphase on December 05, 2013, 06:57:21 PM
Can someone make me a moderator? Seriously, I don't know if it's my OCD, but a messy redundant forum drives me nuts and I've already been a moderator on a few different sites. I'd rather the main guys just focus on the important stuff.

@Midphase - Did you leave the gas on?  ::)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

Midphase

HA...don't get me started. Thankfully I work from home and I can go check it every 30 seconds or so.