Hello there pro's.

Started by GolKosh, November 11, 2013, 09:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GolKosh

This is my first post on this forum and I know I should wonder around and check it out but it seems to me I can't find an answer to my question.... So I ask the question in the introduction.....

I am 45 years old and live in the Netherlands. I am a snapshot shooter for 24 years now and my main photos were concert photos. I say were because the last 5 years it is more and more nature and or landscape and or HDR, architecture...

The main camera I use is the Canon EOS 5D. An other camera I have is the EOS 20D but this one is converted to infrared! Then I have a pocket version as camera, the Panasonic DMC-LX3. I have/ use different lenses but the total range i have is from 17-500mm, also lensbaby lenses and homemade lenses.

A friend told me about the Magic Lantern and still I am scared of breaking down my camera (I don't mean this harsh). The firmware I am using now on the camera is 1.1.1 and if I download this ML new version I have to downgrade the camera to firmware 1.0.9 and then upgrade with ML.

1 - Wouldn't it be smart to wait until ML can be installed on a camera with firmware 1.1.1?
2 - Would it be smart to also install it on the converted EOS 20D? I mean would I benefit from it?