So, whats the best CF card?

Started by soundsubs, November 17, 2013, 08:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soundsubs

I have a couple Komputerbay 64gb cards and they work at about 90mb/sec. I can sustain about 10 seconds of video at 1920x1080p before a frame drops. I've spent about 6 months doing RAW now, so im up to speed on tweaks, etc. 
I'm looking to go to the best level available, but it seems like no one really talks about that.

What are people using for this?
I DONT want speculation, nor someone to read me the specs. I want advice from pro's who say "i spent $XXX money on YYY and it works"
Canon 5D iii / 8-15mm, 16-35mm, 50mm 1.2, 85mm 1.2, 135mm, 24-70mm ii, 70-200mm ii

PressureFM

It would be a good start to mention what camera you are using and what build of Magic Lantern.

Midphase

This question has been asked over and over in plenty of threads in the Hardware section.

The general consensus is that Lexar cards offer the best overall consistency and quality. They're pricey, but if you're looking for the best, then Lexar is where it's at.

(some people also like Hoodman Steel but there's no real consensus on whether they're any better than Lexar).

soundsubs

Thanks.

This is with 5D3 and daily/nightly builds.
Canon 5D iii / 8-15mm, 16-35mm, 50mm 1.2, 85mm 1.2, 135mm, 24-70mm ii, 70-200mm ii

mannfilm

I've been shooting 5Dm3 RAW on komputer bay 64gig cards since june and never have a problem. Same with many others. I suggest either your camera settings are off, you have bad Komputer bay cards, or you have fake kopmputer bay cards (sold on ebay sites.)  But I can assure you that almost all  of us with komputer 64gig cards are not have problems.